BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123762 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I know a few of us have ordered or are looking at ordering the 2 GC.
    This thread is to monitor delivery times and specs.

Please comment if you have ordered one, with which spec and your lead times.

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 461 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #134537 Reply
    Ali

Chris the 2 series gran coupe, golf and a3 are all similar in size, if you want something bigger the q3 would be a better option or there is also the seat ateca or tarraco or the skoda kodiaq

#134541 Reply
    Chris

Ali, yeah I’ve been looking at all of them. Having choices isn’t a bad thing, right!!!

#135853 Reply
    Chris

Hi Lord Muc,

I was just wondering if you payed extra to have the magma red leather interior. Its just my bmw dealer thinks it’s an extra you have to pay for. And also how red is it?. Thank you

#135887 Reply
    Lord Muc

chris, magma red is just another option, (free). It’s a bit more orange than red, I like it, goes well with white, black, grey, Colour options. It is an extra cost on other models, which is why the sales guy is confused. Just to add, you don’t get the red on the kick panels, under the dash, like you get with the oyster interior. Hope it helps.

#135921 Reply
    Chris

Lord Muc, thanks, I spoke to the dealer before and she got confused with something else lol. I’ve gone very bold. I’ve went misano blue with magma red interior with sun protection glass. Like I say BOLD lol

#135925 Reply
    Footloose

Hi Chris

i collected my misano blue GC on 30th December and it’s a great drive and puts a smile on my face every time and added to that it looks fantastic..you’ll love it 👍

#135927 Reply
    Simon

Omg that colour combination sounds hideous. Pleased we don’t need to worry about residual value.

#135930 Reply
    Chris

Footloose yeah now that its ordered I cant wait. I’m going from a tiguan to a coupe so a bit nervous, but I thought why not.

Simon, bit harsh so it’s a good job we are all different. When you do a search for misano blue with magma red interior the pictures look nice. In my opinion anyway. But like you say it’s not our car at the end of the day.

#135943 Reply
    John

What was your wait time Chris? I ordered around the same time and they said April but I feel that’s unrealistic

#135950 Reply
    Chris

John, they said march but I wont hold my breath

#136067 Reply
    Footloose

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I ordered my GC beginning of August and collected on 30th December 👍</p>

#139346 Reply
    Lord Muc

Looks like a new engine, and Y shaped alloys, and a new silver trim have appeared on the bmw web site, wonder if it will pop up on the scheme.

#139347 Reply
    Lord Muc

Y shaped alloys.

#139348 Reply
    Lord Muc

Sliver trim.

#141616 Reply
    Footloose

Hi all

can someone please tell me how I fold the rear seats down to increase load space please?

#141638 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The 2 catches are in the boot, each side, under the rear window shelf. Flick them towards you.</p>

#141657 Reply
    Lord Muc

Decent UK review, from a quite amusing car dealer.

https://youtu.be/Qq3sV3akwDs

#141684 Reply
    Footloose

Thanks lord Muc 👍

#141687 Reply
    Brad

Hi all, some may know we got a 2Gc M sport on motability in late September time. We had to get rid of it for personal reasons but I have just found it online for sale online. It will be missed. For those who are interested in the spec/ where motability cars go/ the price after less than 350 miles – https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202102118952583

#141689 Reply
    Carl

Lord muc great post, I have never seen such an enthusiastic review before.

Brad that’s so sad to see your old car for sale, hope things are OK with you.

#141693 Reply
    Lord Muc

Carl, good luck tomorrow, i know you will be as pleased as punch, with this car, I still have do a double take, when walking away from it. Check on previous posts, if you get stuck on anything or give a shout here. Due to covid 19, handovers are short and sweet, so some of the cars excellent tech and features may get overlooked, like the folding and dipping wing mirrors, some have said the “hey bmw AI, is not there is activated, and the ability to view movies from a USB, there is always the on board manual, for tinkering.

#141694 Reply
    Lord Muc

Brad, sorry to hear that, really nice car, and bargain at that price for someone, at around 25k.

#141698 Reply
    Carl

Thanks lord muc, had my electronic pin from mobility.  I signed electronically for the car with bmw.  The sales exec was supposed to be emailing me more documents today but I didn’t recieved anything.

At the moment I’m still picking it up at 2pm tomorrow, a bit later than I wanted as I’m in hospital all morning.   Really looking forward to it… As you said the handover will be a quick affair.  I will have to learn as I go with all the cars kit.  I will def give you a shout on here if I need advice lol.

#141699 Reply
    Jamie

I hope to god that we get the 20i engines back! The only thing putting me off the 1 series and 2 series gran coupe is the lack of power. So if that comes onto the scheme then I know my next car

#141706 Reply
    Lord Muc

Jamie, you need to test drive one, as long as you are not carrying 4 large adults all the time, its powerful enough, lovely, responsive, good sounding growl and smooth engine, I came from an msport x1 with 2lt engine, and have no complaints. Its not a car you fling about, like a mini.

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 461 total)
Reply To: Reply #135930 in BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club
Your information: