BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123762 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I know a few of us have ordered or are looking at ordering the 2 GC.
    This thread is to monitor delivery times and specs.

Please comment if you have ordered one, with which spec and your lead times.

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 461 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #131770 Reply
    Lord Muc

Carl, speak to motobility,and get an opinion from them, they will clarify the situation. If it’s your first time ordering on the scheme, it can be baffling on how it all works, don’t be disheartened, mobility are fantastic and friendly to deal with and will go the extra mile to help out, it’s just the sharks at the dealers you need to be wary of, they are not called “stealers” for nothing.

To be fair, my experiences have been very good at a dealers, especially at BMW, amy last salesman was excellent at communication, but you do need to keep a close eye on the process.

#131779 Reply
    Courtney

I ordered my GC in October managed to get a cancellation, I went for the M Sport plus pack, in Misano Blue. Got a build week 50 but this has now been changed to Build Week 2 so not sure when it will arrive

#131790 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Courtney, it would normally be 4-6 weeks after build, but how (if any), early Brexit issues may affect shipping and customs, is unknown. Keep up contact with the dealer, who should be keeping tabs on the car. Not long now.</p>

#131804 Reply
    Ali

Can anyone who’s already got there 2 series gc confirm if it has cruise control with auto braking?

#131830 Reply
    Lord Muc

Ali, not as standard, it has cruise control and speed limiter, are you referring to Active Cruise Control, there may be in a tech pack, you will have to check on the on-line configurator, keep in mind tech packs can push the price up considerably, and then you could be looking at the 3 series or a fully specced out CLA, for around the same money.

#131880 Reply
    Lord Muc

An in detail review of the GC, a bit dry, but comprehensive appraisal of the GC

#133622 Reply
    Footloose

Hi all,merry Xmas

Had a call today and I collect my misano blue GC on Wednesday with private plate transferred also  👍 🚙

can’t wait 😊

#133657 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thats a lovely colour. My test drive was in that.  Enjoy.</p>

#133896 Reply
    Footloose

Hi all,

collected my GC today and I’m absolutely delighted.The drive is great and incredibly smooth and have spent some time setting the car up.I had always kept my golf gtd in sport mode but I believe I had the GC in comfort mode during the test drive and it was a fine setting however can I ask other owners how I have mpg on my display please?🚙👍

#133902 Reply
    Lord Muc

Off the top of my head, eco pro mode displays mpg.

#133914 Reply
    Lord Muc

If you press the left hand stalk, I am sure it has a proper name, that changes display elements in the dash as you press

#133917 Reply
    file28
    Participant

If you press the left hand stalk, I am sure it has a proper name, that changes display elements in the dash as you press

Rumour has it that orange lights flash on the corners of the car when using the left hand stalk

Never got around to finding out when we had our 3 series

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#133921 Reply
    Lord Muc

File 28, ha ha good one. Well spotted.

#133923 Reply
    Lord Muc

My son says, the BC button on the end of the indicator stalk stands for “Board Computer” aka On-Board Computer.

Learn something new everyday!!

#134415 Reply
    Chris

Hi all. My car is due for renewal in april and I am seriously interested in the gc MSport model. I spoke to my local bmw dealer today and they said build time would be march. My question though is, I cant find anywhere where it lists everything the car has got. I’ve read different reports of what it comes with and it’s very confusing. Things like does it have a rear view camera, electric tailgate,panoramic sunroof etc. If anyone can clear this up it would be very helpful.

#134421 Reply
    Ali

Hi Chris it doesn’t come with a rear camera, electric tailgate or panoramic sunroof as standard, but these are optional extras, however it does have quite a few things that do come as standard such as, heated seats, ambient lighting, bmw live cockpit pro, apple carplay, cruise control with lane departure warning, parking sensors. Also keep in mind that there has been a price increase on this model

#134428 Reply
    Lord Muc

Don’t forget, also wireless android auto, the boot opens on the key, but you have to close it yourself!

#134431 Reply
    Lord Muc

It’s a shame, the price rise puts the AP at near £2800, for auto, it’s a tough call now, with adding tinted rears, that’s £3100 AP, the Audi A4, A class and CLA maybe better value now, if you want to add extras.

#134433 Reply
    Chris

By the sounds of it there has been a massive AP increase. But I think there has on most cars. 3 years ago the x1 was £700 now it’s near £3000. And what I find ridiculous is that a top of the range car doesnt have everything. I have a tiguan R Line. Top of the range and it doesnt even have a rear view camera.  I was contemplating going for the golf R line at £400 AP. But I think it would be too small for my mam.

#134434 Reply
    Chris

Lord muc. I dont think the Audi A 4 is on the scheme

#134445 Reply
    Ali

I never knew it had wireless android auto, that’s great for me, im due to collect mine on Tuesday, i ordered in july and since then it’s had two price rises of 500. BMW’s are no longer good value on the scheme they have removed alot of car’s and the ones left are no longer worth it in my opinion

#134458 Reply
    Lord Muc

Chris, yes sorry I meant the A3 saloon, finger slipped over my port and cheseboard.

#134473 Reply
    Chris

Lord Muc, no bother lol. Are you still enjoying your car?. Would you still recommend the car even with the A.P going up.

#134489 Reply
    Lord Muc

Chris, really enjoying it, even though journeys are are bit short due to tier 4, would I still recommend it, yes, if you want a modern sharp looking saloon, and you don’t carry 4 or more big people on a regular basis, and is a rare sight on the roads, but the price rises make it a much more difficult choice, a few months ago, I paid, less than £1000 AP, as I added tinted rears, and that was my top budget, including a £500 discount, and £600 GCB, a fantastic bargain, today, I would be paying around 2K. I haven’t looked in great detail at Q1 prices, but if I was looking, and the GC is an entry level car, If I could spend a bit more, I would consider a full spec A class and definitely the CLA, or Audi Q3 or A3, or push to the 3 series if I needed more space. As they are not that far off on price now, On my budget of 1k I just don’t know, I didn’t want another suv, I would probably have to finance a car of my own. Test drive, a GC it’s a superb ride.

#134516 Reply
    Chris

Lord Muc,

I really dont know what to do. Like I say I have a tiguan R Line which now the AP is ridiculous.  As are most S U Vs. Golf R line is only £400. But like I say I think it’s too small for my mam.

Viewing 25 replies - 401 through 425 (of 461 total)
Reply To: Reply #133914 in BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club
Your information: