BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club

• This topic has 461 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Footloose.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #123762 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I know a few of us have ordered or are looking at ordering the 2 GC.
    This thread is to monitor delivery times and specs.

Please comment if you have ordered one, with which spec and your lead times.

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 461 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129904 Reply
    Atiq Urrehman

Lord muc do you know what the top speed is on the motability model

#129969 Reply
    Lord Muc

Atiq, the quoted top speed is 133, I believe it can easily do that, in its stride. A friend told me, his was coasting at near 100.  😉

#129987 Reply
    Atiq Urrehman

Lord Muc that is quite good, probaby will do even more if you got the stage 1 remap which get you an extra 30 or so bhp

#129998 Reply
    Brad

I don’t think you’re allowed to remap a motability car. Correct me if I’m wrong?

#130005 Reply
    Atiq Urrehman

Probably not but they would never know

#130006 Reply
    Lord Muc

Atiq, true, but you may run into an insurance issue, if there is a claim. It is not your car, just be wary, of any performance enhancements or mods.

#130026 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

@Jan seem you girls too are loving these BMW’s, my Daughter sent a pic saying she’s spoiling herself..Car

#130041 Reply
    Footloose

Atiq a Motability vehicle is not a vehicle I would remap and to be honest I feel it is wrong to do so considering it’s use is not for racing but being mobile and enjoying without the need for breaking speed limits and puting both yourself and others at risk.

#130049 Reply
    Jan

Congrats to your daughter @ajn. She’s going to love it.

I agree with you Footloose, Motability cars shouldn’t be used to drive like a maniac, we’re very lucky to have the scheme to keep us mobile and even luckier if we can afford the APs on BMWs etc.

#130054 Reply
    ajn

@Atiq, some good advice there from the members,

let’s stay safe out there….

qoute from which TV show..

#130056 Reply
    file28
    Participant

@ajn

Hill Street blues, I believe

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#130061 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

@ajn Hill Street blues, I believe

Yes file28 that’s the one,@Jan I mentioned and showed her your car pic, she loves the colour of yours too.

#130098 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Atiq, just be careful as they can tell when you get it serviced. The only way if you want to take a risk is to fit a tuning box but if you get caught with it be prepared to be thrown off the scheme or if you have an accident and it gets discovered just remember you won’t be covered by insurance.

#130099 Reply
    Brad

I believe even modded exhaust are against motability rules. I believe the class a dash cam as a mod and Audi told me a few year back you have to ask motability if you want a dash cam fitted

#131399 Reply
    Lord Muc

The gc, is getting a special edition in some markets, the “Black Shadow”.

New spoiler, black grill, extra flood light on wing mirror, maybe upgrade to ambient lighting.

#131439 Reply
    Footloose

Hi all I hope your well,had a call from dealer the other day to say I may have my car (GC m sport/Misano blue)for Xmas if not by the 30th December …that was great news given the year it has been for many 🤞

#131455 Reply
    Lord Muc

Footloose.

Thats brilliant. 👏

#131564 Reply
    Carl

How is everyone getting along with their 2 series GC?

Hiw is the drive?  Any little surprises you’ve discovered??

Any issues that you have discovered???

#131575 Reply
    LDC7080

I would be happy to know what the power is like.    at only 220mn torque i dont get the impression overtaking will be a common practice.

#131623 Reply
    Lord Muc

Ldc, its not a problem. The car sounds good, its not a car imho, that you thrash around corners, but its absolutely beautiful on a motorway, swift, silent and comfortable.

#131624 Reply
    Lord Muc

Carl, the only issue, I can think of is the steering wheel could be smaller, I know its the same as in other BMW’s, but compared to my msport x1, its just seems larger! Lovely so far, so comfortable and stylish.

#131664 Reply
    Jan

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m loving mine. So smooth to drive and the tech is great. The only thing I’d say is it’s a little thirsty around town.</p>

#131717 Reply
    Carl

Nice to hear your experiences.

I ordered my M sport gc in july for a mid december date.  Had an email yesterday to say that the sales exec I ordered car with has left the company, hadn’t order the vehicle correctly and another order will have to be processed with another 3 months wait.

I’m fuming, does this warrant a complaint to bmw??

#131743 Reply
    Lord Muc

Carl, thats awful, yes, in the first place, I would complain to motorbility, the order must have been placed as you would have some paperwork and authorisation from motobility, this sounds like an excuse from the dealer to move your ordered car to a private sale, however, if you are not used to dealing with car sales, staff change all the time, and that is why you need to build a dialogue with the salesman, and keep a close eye, on the cars journey, by emailing or preferably phoning for regular updates, so if someone leaves, you know the name of the individual who has taken responsibility for the orders. It also stresses the importance of a decent deposit, IMHO, so you have shown commitment to the the sale. If motobility accepted the order, and after taking advice from them, at the earliest opportunity, you should also make an appointment with the new motorbility guy, and the dealer principal, to discuss options, on sourcing a stock car, and some form of compensation, like a reduction in AP, or some free or at cost extras. This close to Q4 and he uncertainty over brexit, I would be inclined to look at the audi Q3, which is a cracker of the car. Good luck.

#131749 Reply
    Carl

Thanks for your advice Lord muc,  funnily enough I had the order print out from bmw detailing the car that I ordered but I have never recieved any paperwork from mobility – this is going to be my first car so I don’t really know the process.

Can I assume that the original sales exec ordered a car but not through mobility??  Disappointed by the whole experience tbh.

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 461 total)
Reply To: Reply #133914 in BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club
Your information: