BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club

• Creator
    Topic
  • #123762 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I know a few of us have ordered or are looking at ordering the 2 GC.
    This thread is to monitor delivery times and specs.

Please comment if you have ordered one, with which spec and your lead times.

Viewing 14 replies - 376 through 389 (of 389 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129904 Reply
    Atiq Urrehman

Lord muc do you know what the top speed is on the motability model

#129969 Reply
    Lord Muc

Atiq, the quoted top speed is 133, I believe it can easily do that, in its stride. A friend told me, his was coasting at near 100.  😉

#129987 Reply
    Atiq Urrehman

Lord Muc that is quite good, probaby will do even more if you got the stage 1 remap which get you an extra 30 or so bhp

#129998 Reply
    Brad

I don’t think you’re allowed to remap a motability car. Correct me if I’m wrong?

#130005 Reply
    Atiq Urrehman

Probably not but they would never know

#130006 Reply
    Lord Muc

Atiq, true, but you may run into an insurance issue, if there is a claim. It is not your car, just be wary, of any performance enhancements or mods.

#130026 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

@Jan seem you girls too are loving these BMW’s, my Daughter sent a pic saying she’s spoiling herself..Car

#130041 Reply
    Footloose

Atiq a Motability vehicle is not a vehicle I would remap and to be honest I feel it is wrong to do so considering it’s use is not for racing but being mobile and enjoying without the need for breaking speed limits and puting both yourself and others at risk.

#130049 Reply
    Jan

Congrats to your daughter @ajn. She’s going to love it.

I agree with you Footloose, Motability cars shouldn’t be used to drive like a maniac, we’re very lucky to have the scheme to keep us mobile and even luckier if we can afford the APs on BMWs etc.

#130054 Reply
    ajn

@Atiq, some good advice there from the members,

let’s stay safe out there….

qoute from which TV show..

#130056 Reply
    file28
    Participant

@ajn

Hill Street blues, I believe

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#130061 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

@ajn Hill Street blues, I believe

Yes file28 that’s the one,@Jan I mentioned and showed her your car pic, she loves the colour of yours too.

#130098 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Atiq, just be careful as they can tell when you get it serviced. The only way if you want to take a risk is to fit a tuning box but if you get caught with it be prepared to be thrown off the scheme or if you have an accident and it gets discovered just remember you won’t be covered by insurance.

#130099 Reply
    Brad

I believe even modded exhaust are against motability rules. I believe the class a dash cam as a mod and Audi told me a few year back you have to ask motability if you want a dash cam fitted

Viewing 14 replies - 376 through 389 (of 389 total)
Reply To: BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club
Your information: