Bit of a mixed day!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Simon 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118919 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

So, rang the AA today, can I have a refund for the 10 months of insurance I no longer need?, short answer no, you had an accident.  Well no, I didn’t, someone else did and crashed into me, I was not at fault and you haven’t had to pay anything out because of it.  Still no but the underwriters will certainly look into getting it back off the other party, which technically means don’t hold your breath, we’re keeping the £200+ 🙁

On the other hand, just checked my online banking and I’ve finally got the refund from TUI for our flights they cancelled, only took 3 months!.  The good news is there’s enough to cover the AP when I collect the new car tomorrow 🙂  And a bit extra left over so Indian takeaway for my son tomorrow night 🙂

I have the video chat medical interview about the crash and its after effects tomorrow morning.  I know there’s no reason for it but I’m stressing out already, my memory etc. is still terrible.  I’ve been making loads of spelling mistakes just typing this!.  I keep hitting the key next to the one I want.

I made 4 cups of tea today, left 3 of them sitting on the bench stewing and forgot about them!.  It’s been a month since the crash and I still have problems remembering words, names for things etc.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118920 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I really feel it for you @phaedra.
    Please try not to worry about tomorrow. Just concentrate on one thing at a time and you’ll breeze through it. Before you know it, you’ll be sat at home, new car on the drive and tucking into a yummy curry 🍛

To give you peace of mind, write down everything that you need to remember. That’s then a stress taken away. It’s something I do all the time.

Best of luck for tomorrow. I hope the medical goes ok and enjoy picking up your new car. Drive safe. 😁

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#118921 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Thanks  🙂

I have to use a “To Do” list taped on my wall otherwise I just forget so much, it just isn’t like me at all.

My daughter came round today which was a nice surprise, sort of!.  Not only had I forgot she was coming I couldn’t even remember the conversation we had yesterday arranging it!.

She’s set a load of calendar alarms on my mobile for stuff I need to do over the next week so that should help 🙂

My GP thinks it’s a form of PTSD and should decrease over time, at least I think that’s what she said!! 🙂 🙂

#118926 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

That’s my life all the bloody time, suffered cerebral hypoxia when I had a heart attack in 2011 due to surgery and a blood clotting disorder I have and I just plain lose time, forget stuff seconds after I have been told etc, but the most infuriating thing is going into another room for something and I can’t remember for the life in me why I’m there, grrr.

Just chill and relax, seems to help the thoughts pop back in there occasionally when you’re not trying to think about them.

#118929 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Thanks  🙂

Still up at 2:50am, tried to sleep twice and just not settled.  Time for plan B, hot chocolate, 2 Tramadol, 2 Codeine and a shot of Oramorph for the shoulder and other assorted joint pains and try again 🙂

#118932 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I hope you are getting a few hours sleep.

Concentrate on one thing at a time using your alarms for where and when you need to be somewhere and I hope your next post is to tell us the video call and car pick-up went fine.
    Good luck. 🤞

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#119019 Reply

Simon

Make sure you claim compensation. I got £30,000 and my injuries weren’t as bad as yours.

#119020 Reply

Simon

I used Digby Brown personal injury solicitors.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Bit of a mixed day!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: