Better for Scotland. Today’s Scotsman newspaper.

• Creator
    Topic
    blackj
    Participant

Exclusive:SNP ministers told to apologise as hundreds of disabled Scots dying amid wait for adult disability payments
      By Rachel Amery
      Published 25th May 2024, 00:01 BST
      Updated 25th May 2024, 08:48 BST

More than 200 disabled people in Scotland have died while waiting for their application for adult disability payments to be processed.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by joss. Reason: Moved to off Topic
    Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Carmad
      Participant

You only seem to post articles about the SNP.

blackj
        Participant

When you have had the snp saying for 14 years when we get control of dla/pip we will do much better than the terrible tories. We will be quicker and apply a softer approach. Things will be much better for the disabled in Scotland. Well read the statistics.

Carmad
          Participant

Scotland has had the powers over Adult Independence Payment  since August 2022.  Most renewing their PIP awards will be “light touch” meaning not having to start new applications.  They still use the same company that provides the Motability cars we drive.  So there is a ” quicker, softer approach ” and therefore ” things will be (are) much better for the disabled in Scotland “.

Here’s a statistic for you; 390 people died whilst waiting for a decision on their PIP claim between 1st and 31st January 2021

https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2021-05-11/160/

I’ve no intention of getting into a ” tit for tat ” argument as there are faults right through our political system so forgive me if I don’t reply as I find confrontational discussions detrimental to my mental health.  I just wanted to reply and correct your OP.

Have a great day.

Brydo
            Participant

I agree @carmad as soon as I saw blackj was posting I new what was coming.

If the two parties are compared, the Tories and the SNP, and you think the latter treats the disabled worse than the former I would suggest there would be no point in a balanced discussion.

We are all intitled to our our own opinion and I certainly respect the fact that blackj has his.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
              Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

kezo
              Participant
                joss

Hello hello 👋

Joss
                  Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

kezo
                  Participant

Hello hello 👋

Hi 👋

Your comment on £50k fine in the above link 😉

joss

Hello hello 👋

Hi 👋 Your comment on £50k fine in the above link 😉

Yup, I know Kezo

Joss
                      Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.