Best time to visit walk in urgent care centre ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I have a scrape on my fore head that really needs a stitch or a stitch plaster I keep catching it my urgent care centre is just 5 miles away . Would 7 am in morning be least busy or what time may be not so long wait ? It’s open 24 hours aday ! To see nurse at surgery is 2 weeks wait

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Just asked my daughter as she is the sister at a walk in centre and she said early morning is normally best, but not too early as staff changeover will be taking place.

Participant

Is 6am to early ? Is 7am better ? Many thanks

kezo
          Participant

If you think it needs a stitch mate, why don’t you pop along this evening and get it sorted, as these places are normally quiter at the beginning of the week.

Participant

Kezo m putting Vaseline on and will see how it goes I’ve tried plasters but don’t stick

joss

@MenorcaMike Don’t forget that you can pop in to a local pharmacy for advice on such things Mike.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by joss.

Joss
                Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Participant

Many thanks joss it’s getting scab on now

Participant

Phoned nhs 111 had phone assessment got appointment at my local urgent care centre today 3pm

Participant

Said on phone never put Vaseline on cut and yet said online to do this to keep it moist !

Phaedra
                      Participant

You want to let it scab up then show it to all the other kids in the playground! – those were the days! 🤣😂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
                        Participant

Said on phone never put Vaseline on cut and yet said online to do this to keep it moist !

There seems to be alot of conflicting advice out there re Vaseline type products.

Scientists now think its a bad idea but the NHS and American Dermatology Academy continue to recommend the use of Vasline etc.

Dr kezo say, use your own judgement 😂

Participant

Just got home was just in 20 mins they cleaned wound then glued it then dressing on top not got to get wet for 5 days I’m so pleased amazing service I cannot fault the nhs

Participant

My tub of Vaseline has gone in bin

Phaedra
                              Participant

For minor cuts, abrasions and burns I use a triple antibiotic Vaseline type ointment.  I usually pick up a few tubes of it from Walmart when we go to Florida, cheap as chips and does an excellent job.

Contains,
                                Bacitracin B
                                Neomycin Suphate
                                Polymyxin B

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Rich44
                                Participant

When I was doing a levels school science dept had a huge 1kg tub of vaseline for sealing test tube joints etc.

There was this very large round physics teacher and my friend walks in to my chemistry lesson and says

“can I have the vaseline for Mrs Farnell please”

Everyone in the room, 6th form students and teacher died laughing and didn’t stop for a good 10 minutes. Best lesson ever

Anyway glad you got your cut sorted was that a spot of cyanoacrylate? Walk in centres and minor injury units are brilliant

Participant

Update still keeping the dressing on top of the glue as a precaution it says be healed in 5 days but will keep on a week till next Thursday having showers but lowered shower to not wet head ! Have a lovely bank holiday

Participant

Anyone else ever had glue instead of stitches ?

Participant

Yes, on several occasions. Usually leaves a lot less scarring than stitches too!

Participant

I think it’s best to not get my head wet for at least a week so I read on nhs online I cannot call the nhs at all I’ve had wonderful service can’t thank them enough

Participant

Yes, on several occasions. Usually leaves a lot less scarring than stitches too!

have you ever had a forehead wound ?

Participant

have you ever had a forehead wound ?

Not forehead but above my eyebrow once with a pretty bad cut. The medic did think it needed a few stitches but we were in the middle of nowhere and he didn’t have any suture kit so it got glued!

kezo
                                              Participant

Yes when my thyroid was removed about 7yrs ago. You have to look hard to see any scar.

Participant

Black scab on now and itching I’ve not touched it is the scab normal to have ?

Phaedra
                                                  Participant

Unless you’re a Terminator on the inside then yes, it’s perfectly normal 🤖 😂

Participant

That’s good cheers

Participant

Scab just fell off just a tiny bit left am I right in thinking during the miners strike the miners who went to work were called scabs ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.