Best cars to own: Driver Power 2019 results

This topic contains 32 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar daveblue 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75169 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Thousands of you had your say in the UK’s largest car satisfaction survey. So here are the best buys
    Welcome to Driver Power 2019 and, first of all, thank you. Seemingly every business and service asks for feedback these days, so we’ve been truly overwhelmed by the thousands of you who took the time to complete this year’s new car ownership survey.

Driver Power is the UK’s largest, most comprehensive car satisfaction poll, asking myriad questions on life with the models you’ve bought over the past 24 months. We get down to minute detail like infotainment screen sensitivity and levels of legroom. As well as compiling quantitative scores for those areas and 29 others, we add your subjective comments on life with your cars.

The big question will be which model is this year’s Driver Power winner; can Peugeot’s 3008 retain its 2018 crown? Beyond that, we list your category kings – the cars rated cheapest to run or the best handling. You’ll also find our 16 class winners; vital if you know you want, say, a city car or a premium mid-size SUV.

Whether or not you took part in Driver Power this year, we hope you’ll find the results useful. And if you didn’t complete the 2019 survey, there’s always next year.

Below are the full results of the 2019 Driver Power new car survey. This includes details of how the rating system works, an interactive table and full details on the top 75 best cars to own. Click on to page two for the best cars to own in each market segment, from city cars to SUVs…

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/95238/best-cars-to-own-driver-power-2019-results

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75173 Reply
    Trev

My CX-5 beats your XC60.. checkmate! lol

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#75176 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Haha Trev these polls are rubbish.

#75181 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Here is the list.

#75187 Reply
    Philjb

It’s all horses for courses I thought the mk4 Prius was an average at best ride, very plastic cheap interior and the seats not very supportive.

So how it finishes top? I guess there are just loads and loads of them on the road?

#75191 Reply
    Trev

It’s all horses for courses I thought the mk4 Prius was an average at best ride, very plastic cheap interior and the seats not very supportive. So how it finishes top? I guess there are just loads and loads of them on the road?

Taxi drivers voting whilst waiting for fares.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#75202 Reply
    Persuader

I see the Alfa Giulia mk1 in the list…. That was 40 years ago surely ????? Told you Alfas were great!! ???

#75204 Reply
    Markymate

Well I’m in at number 6. Not bad for a Skoda!!!

#75205 Reply
    Persuader

No surprise about Skoda. Theyve been great to own for ages. No need to add the line ‘for a Skoda’ !

#75206 Reply
    Persuader

Note the lack of Audi, BMW and VW. All over hyped.

#75212 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Note the lack of Audi, BMW and VW. All over hyped.

Indeed. Infact – I think there’s another ‘Power Driver’ table somewhere for the ‘Most Bland, Dull & Same Old Same Old’ looking cars – and those 3 are all top of that chart in their hoards!  😀

#75216 Reply
    Persuader

Haha nice one solent! They will rubbish this survey but if the results showed German success they would champion it.

#75217 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

No surprise about Skoda. Theyve been great to own for ages. No need to add the line ‘for a Skoda’ !

Sorry Persuader, it’s my first ever Skoda, and 13 months on I’m still astounded just how classy it is.

It won’t happen again LOL!!!

#75225 Reply
    Philjb

This is the not bad list for those that can’t afford a decent vag car. ?

Anyone who thinks vag cars are all bland and boring hasn’t owned one for years and years.

they’re not wow cars, but all mine have been reliable comfy and practice.

All other makes ive owned bar the MX5 broke all the time.

Some with engine and gearbox failure.

All known issues and dealers denied it.

And someone is bound to mention vw emissions cheating in the states, we all know the laws are much stricter there and we in this country don’t have the particular test as a requirement.

And all makes were up to it in the USA.

Waits to to be shot down.

Maybe be my next car will be a fantastic Uber Prius. It’s just amazingly exciting.

#75235 Reply
    SaintsMan

Awe someone’s pulled a tiggies tail.

#75236 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Funny, my current & 1st new vag car had returned appalling mpg, broke down with parts failure(which the dealer refused to accapt), has now had a fault for 5 months that they either can’t or won’t fix as they’ve had 6 attempts & come up with a different excuse for not rectifying every time, the electric window switches only work when they want to, the infotainment display freezes randomly and can only be reset by switching the car off and back on again then doing a reset, the dipping passenger mirror only works for about a week and then needs setting up again, these are just some of the problems, oh, it also rattles everywhere on the interior, eats front tyres, etc etc.

Not impressed with the vag quality and will never get another!

#75237 Reply
    Philjb

Just fact, mrs Phil is the only one who pulls my tail and she’s better at it then you saints man. ❤️?

I’m quite shocked you’ve had so many problems?

Ive had no faults with mine, no rattles or squeakers and I have hypersensitive hearing as Im a disabled weirdo.

The info system hasn’t frozen once either.

believe me I’ve owned many makes and if my car was that unreliable it would have gone back for good by now.

It’s also been better on mpg by at least 10 mpg in any driving conditions then my old Touran 2.0 Tdi sport  which weighed less and was nearly 10 years old and was still going strong.

But with my weirdness I know there are exceptions to every maker. I’ve not been unlucky enough to own a VW one, in over 45 years of driving.

#75240 Reply
    Philjb

Thinking about it saints man if you’ve got small soft hands why not…….❤️??

#75243 Reply
    POPS

Phil, remember the “respect” rule and reply accordingly. We all have different opinions.

#75244 Reply
    Philjb

Apologies pops, it’s only meant in guest.

I’ve tried and owned many makes with good and bad wit all disability or in my youth.

i was just commenting on my own experiences. ??

I shall refrain from posting.

#75260 Reply
    Persuader

Phil forgive me but above, you have done what all German car drivers do: dismiss stories of faults and failures German makes as exceptions to the rule. Its the same type of person who would say ‘typical’ when talking about French cars unreliability.

I’ve owned 45 cars of every type, French, Italian, German etc, and all were equally reliable, in general. However the non German ones had more character and are the ones I recall with some affection.

#75269 Reply
    moggy
    Participant

Persuader, “All German car drivers” wow that’s a bit of a generalisation.

#75270 Reply
    Philjb

Glad to know, you know me so well Persuader?

Well done for owning so many varied cars.

As I said I only speak from my own experiences.

I know I’d buy German again as would many others.

I do remember owning a lot of French and Italian cars that had broken bits of cheap plastic interior and left me stranded in the rain. ?

ah the memories. ❤️?

#75272 Reply
    Persuader

Again, Phil, typical German driver response- cover your ears when you dont like what you hear!!

#75273 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

The last 5 French cars I’ve owned have been 100% reliable, I do remember the days of tatty old knockers that fell to bits just looking at them but the french/italian etc cars of today are an entirely different prospect, well made, stylish design, lots or tech, great to drive and good economy, to tar these with the brush from yesteryear seems unfair in the extreme really, to me anyway.

#75274 Reply
    moggy
    Participant

I’m not surprised because all in name it’s  a German car, same goes for seat.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Best cars to own: Driver Power 2019 results

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: