Best Car For Large Dogs

• Creator
    Topic
  • #28314 Reply
    Anonymous

Good Morning,

I am new to Mobility and would like to ask some advice on the best cars on the Scheme for two large dogs?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #28315 Reply
    Richard Hewett

Can they both drive?

#28316 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Sorry but that reply did make me smile. There are quite a few vehicles which may suit your needs estate cars SUVs and people carriers. Could lose my westie in back of Alhambra and have to send out a search party 🙂

Cars On Motability
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
    Vauxhall Antara
    Skoda Superb Estate
    Seat Alhambra
    Seat Tarraco
    Ford Kuga

#28317 Reply
    POPS

Estate cars have the largest and lowest boots, so they are great for accessibility. The estate car with the biggest boot on the scheme is the Skoda Superb estate. SUV’s tend to have shorter but higher boot space and can be problematical if your large dogs aren’t that agile.

#28318 Reply
    Anonymous

Thank you for your reply.

#28319 Reply
    Anonymous

I will look into these cars, thank you for taking the time to reply.

#28345 Reply
    Abercol

We have a very lage guide dog and find our Grand C4 Picasso has a huge boot with a low load lip. There is loads of room when we take our pet dog (a Patterdale terrier) along as well. We haven’t slid the rear seats forward, but if we did, it’d  add another 100 odd litres. The extra height over a std estate is handy as well, plenty of headroom for him if he decides to stand for a bit or sits up.

We will always choose a car with a large boot as he spends so much time in it compared to our other dogs who only go short distances to go walkies.

#28484 Reply
    AlanA

Skoda Octavia estate or even better skoda `Superb, wonderful cars

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Best Car For Large Dogs
Your information: