BBC TOP GEAR NEW NOV21

• Creator
    Topic
  • #169414 Reply
    Micky

Hi may I ask because I would love to know.

Do motability forum members watch BBC top gear with that cricket bloke ,the northern comedian,& Chris Harris who is, a motoring gernolist.

If you do is it

good/  informative/

silly/ childish/  repetition of trying to break super cars that none of us can afford, what are your thoughts on this BBC PROGRAME.

Stay safe folks.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169417 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Well, what’s your opinion, Micky?

#169419 Reply
    Ditch

It’s not the same without Clarkson, Hammond n May. Tried watching the new one but can’t get into it 😕

#169420 Reply
    Paul

Sick of seeing that paddy mcguiness on everything,ive lost interest since Clarkson,hammond may left.

#169421 Reply
    Jojoe

After Clarkson May and Hammond left it went right down hill, it’s taken time but it is getting better. It’s not been a serious car program since Clarkson relaunched it in 2002. It’s light entertainment with a bit of comedy. I prefer the big specials.

#169422 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Have not watched a single episode of “new top gear”. To me, it’s not top gear. I even watched top gear US, which has its own kinda charme due to the cast there being.. similar-ish (three very distinct people – with an actual race car/rally car driver, an angry italian actor and a glasses wearing nerd).

I’ve watched everything with Hammond, Clarkson and May in it, from youtube videos to Grand Tour to clarksons farming etc – i have zero interest in Top Gear anymore. Top gear was, to me, an entertainment  show that happens to be in a genre/niche that i very much enjoy (cars). But it was the trio that made it entertaining.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#169423 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

It wasnt too bad when Matt Le Blanc was on it but i cannot stand these 3, repetitive non funny scripted tripe in my view.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#169425 Reply
    Micky

Aha well done folks I AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU.

Matt lablonk was good,I personally liked Clarkson and may very much, they did what they did well, and was informative & funny, I have to say Hammond ,well Clarkson said the reason he has so many accidents is he really can’t see where he is going,he doesn’t bother with a cushion,last accident was on M4 he involved 5 other cars admitted guilt ,no one was hurt ,was in that bloody 3 wheel Morgan he likes. He also just copied Clarkson using exactly same Clarkson phrases ,some say etc.

The cricket bloke the idiotic northern comedian and Harris are childish silly really awfull ,they just continually try to  emulate Clarkson top gear, they the new trio of idiots constantly  racing around a track trying to break cars.

It must be that the BBC are out of touch ,many viewers would love to see informative car reviews of cars the average person can afford, we record it ,fast forward through most of it, and just watch the odd bit of interest .

5th gear is more enjoyable but they too have this (. Right let’s try and break a valeron super car on  our track ) but do have items motorists will enjoy.

Well it’s a bit damming but new 2021 top gear is silly childish, not very good.

Stay safe .

#169427 Reply
    Ditch

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@Jojoe yeah love watching all the old specials 👌</p>

#169432 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

I’d say Top Gear is the best it’s been since the original 3 left and I’ve watched them all. The current three bounce off each other pretty well and the shows are funny. Their presenting skills aren’t the best but it doesn’t spoil the show for me.

I don’t see how an 8pm Sunday night bbc one show would get many viewers if all they did was in depth reviews of how many bags you can fit in the boot of a Ford Fiesta and what the real world mpg is. Top gear has evolved over the years and isn’t just a show for petrol heads, it’s family entertainment and has a bit of something for a lot of people.
    YouTube has the in depth car reviews covered

#169433 Reply
    Micky

Yes ditch I watch the old clarkson top gear on Dave.

I hope eventually BBC will show Amazon grand tour with Clarkson, prob not.

I guess latest grand tour will come on dvd soon.

BBC made a mistake sacking Clarkson ,they know that ,BBC won’t be advised they know best lol.

Stay safe.

#169436 Reply
    Wigwam

I used to watch the Clarkson era which was clever and sometimes inspired, but it doesn’t always pass the test of time on repeats.  I’ve only caught the last 10 minutes or so of the current iteration from time to time and thought it was trying too hard and verging on idiotic. But then I’m hard to please.

Best humour on the box is Modern Family on Netflix.

#169437 Reply
    Micky

Well different views of course .

I agree with first 5 views but different people like different things ,and of course you can watch it or not, I prefer to record it ,if it’s silly Its  deleted.

Stay safe all.

#169438 Reply
    Micky

By that I mean if it’s constant screaming around track in sports super job ,which it mostly is ,I don’t bother,but hey enjoy those who love it.

#169439 Reply
    Micky

Well said wigwam

#169446 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Best humour to me is “Happy!” on netflix lol.

To the point where we actually bought a stuffed “happy” that sits on the parcel shelf in the car. It’s admittedly a bit twisted and an.. acquired taste, but yeah.

Just.. don’t make the mistake and think it’s suitable for kids. It really, really isn’t.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#169449 Reply
    Micky

Great stuff

#169463 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hi may I ask because I would love to know. Do motability forum members watch BBC top gear with that cricket bloke ,the northern comedian,& Chris Harris who is, a motoring gernolist. If you do is it good/ informative/ silly/ childish/ repetition of trying to break super cars that none of us can afford, what are your thoughts on this BBC PROGRAME. Stay safe folks.

I would say that it’s all of those things – and we love it! We really liked it with Clarkson, Hammond and May, and struggled a bit with it initially after they left. We thought that Chris Evans was an inspired choice, but he was awful. We didn’t particularly like LeBlanc. The current 3 work well for us.

We followed Clarkson etc to Grand Tour on Amazon Prime but we didn’t like the format at all, so gave up on it.

I’m old enough to remember the original Top Gear with William Woollard, Noel Edmunds etc. Then it was about ‘normal cars’, not exotica, and I sort of miss that. However, anyone remaining cynical about the latest Top Gear should watch the last 20 minutes of the episode shown last Sunday which had a fantastic and very moving tribute to Eddie Kid. First class TV.

#169468 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i must be only guy who never liked or watched top gear, after it stopped being about cars.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#169481 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Paddy McGuinness ruins any programme he presents. He’s just not funny at all.

#169488 Reply
    Micky

Paddy mcguiness and flintoff are stupid I just don’t get it ,I see adverts with him mcguiness  advertising a book about his childhood he has written,will anyone buy that ????? He must have family high up in BBC to get on these shows ,see I can’t see any talent ,like others have commented, I can’t watch him Elliot.

It does seem that we are paying our TV licence to watch those 2 acting childish pranks idiots.

Eh no offence to anyone .

Stay safe all and those that watch it like it enjoy.

#169489 Reply
    Micky

This thread is interesting as I wondered if others see this new top gear thing as I do,and there are ,and I see  reviews running it & them down ,plus few that support it.

Everyone to his own values.

#169519 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Funny thing I quite like it. I can do without paddy mcguiness doing his shouting thing though.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: BBC TOP GEAR NEW NOV21
Your information: