Bad News About Soul EV?

• This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Psuader.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #168882 Reply
    Psuader

I decided to go for an EV next May and had my heart set on the Soul EV, the main reason I felt comfortable crossing over to the other side. Now I know its been withdrawn as the launch first edition has run out but the replacement Maxx was surely destined to go on the price list? Well, it seems not.

I contacted Kia and this was their response:

“I’m happy to learn that you’re interested in the Soul EV.

I’m afraid that we have no plans to add the Soul EV to Motability at this time but thank you for your question. I hope you find another Kia to your liking.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or call us on 0333 202 2990.”

Gutted.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #168956 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

What a shame, really underrated car in my view. The e-nero is still on though and the Kona.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#168958 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

And both are fine cars. The Soul however had a bit more soul!!

#168959 Reply
    Psuader

Yes, fwippers- spot on!

#169039 Reply
    Rich

Might not be as tall but maybe worth keeping an eye out if the new MG ZS Trophy goes on much higher mileage, better spec than old models & a lot of the foibles of the older model have been changed. Its got similar range to Kia & Hyundai & the boot space is excellent, not quite as tall as the Soul obviously.

Good luck finding something that suits whatever you choose I’m sure you’ll love it

#169108 Reply
    ldc7080

I had a look at the Kia Soul 1st ed.  really nice , liked it very much.  i decided to go ID3 in the end.  my Kia dealer called me last month to ask what i had decided which puzzled me.  he told me that the Soul would be returning to Motability soon but like you say with the Maxx model instead.  there are some differences from the 1st ed.  here is what i can remember.

Maxx does not have electric seats , no HUD, no heat pump, no granny charger anymore, white with red roof combo replaced white all white,  new colour combo red white black roofline, new badging throughout, front, back, steering wheel, hub caps.  not sure if it does come back what the AP will be,  the eNiro is crazy AP given that its essentially

the same motor, battery pack as the soul.

#169110 Reply
    Psuader

Thanks Rich! Nice of you to suggest an alternative. I just find the ZS very awkwardly designed- heavy top, small wheels. It doesn’t push my buttons looks wise- but thank you again.

ldc7080 That’s the model I enquired about: The Maxx. And they said it won’t be appearing on Motability. Now, I realise that doesn’t mean it will NEVER appear, but if it doesn’t appear in January, I’ll have to order something else.

#169200 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

It’s back on today.

#169208 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Did the price change? Not interested in the car so i don’t know how much it was before, just curious if they hitched the price.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#169210 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I paid 3k for my first edition, i believe it went down to £999 at one point but now back to £2299 for a car with a lot less in it.

A view of things to come think.

KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#169211 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

In Q1 2021 the First Edition Soul was £3449, in Q2 it was £1999 and Q3 £999 Advance Payment.

(£3099 in Q4 2020)

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by wmcforum. Reason: added Q4 2020 price
    #169218 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Cheers both.

Well.. as expected, i suppose. I guess now with the chip shortage apparently staying stagnant rather than improving, this will go on for at least another year or two, before we get “fair prices” again. If at all, of course.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#169231 Reply
    Psuader

Well spotted Elliot. Bad news about the price hike though. At that AP, its up against more- and more rounded- contenders and is not a sure-fire order from me any more. At £999 it was a no-brainer. Let’s see what 1 Jan brings but I don’t hold my breath….

#169245 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

For me the Kia Soul 1st edition at £999 was a strong contender alongside the Kona and ID.3, however at £2299 for the inferior Maxx trim it is a weaker proposition. This is especially true when compared with the mechanically similar Kona which has a better spec, range and AP. Nevertheless it a very welcome addition to the scheme, in particular since almost the entire Suzuki range has disappeared.

#169249 Reply
    Psuader

Totally right fwippers. I have a feeling it may drop in Jan- but then I’m an eternal optimist!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Reply #169210 in Bad News About Soul EV?
Your information: