Automatic city car

• Creator
    Topic
  • #90069 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

This forum seems only to discuss larger cars. I would like opinions on small city automatic cars that will take wife’s folded wheelchair in boot. We need very small car due to very tight parking space under apartment building. Have thought of Kia Picanto 3 as long as wife ( very small) and I, the driver(tall) can get in. ( will need to try). Any advice? We currently have Golf SV, fine car but too big for parking space!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #90150 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

Last quarter you had Hyundai ix20 or kia venga to choose from. Mind you they use 1.6 petrol and could be a bit thirsty.

#90157 Reply
    Noel

if you like the golf sv look at the Polo, just a shrunken version of the golf

#90158 Reply
    JS

Actually with over 3200 Topics and more than 41000 replies this forum covers a wide variety of vehicles and choices as well as help on alsorts of needs and requirement. I would say the reason for “small city cars” not being of high discussion would be down to the fact even through the manufacturers, the private purchase package and owning the vehicle at the end of a 3 year term most would go down that route, (I appreciate not everyone can) the picanto3 for an example may not include insurance/tyres/etc but is achievable to own out right within the same amount of allowance over 3 years, with seven years warranty, service plans, free recovery, a years free insurance all available, combined with zero road tax, these small cars are a better prospect to most as a purchase,

#90165 Reply
    Adam
    Participant

I drive a Mitsubishi Mirage  CVT love it other cars you could try

HYUNDAI i10

KIA PICANTO

SUZUKI IGNIS

SUZUKI SWIFT

HONDA JAZZ

#90169 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Bet me to it JS, as a simple value for money exercise getting a lower value small car(doesn’t mean lower quality) because it’s,,, well,,, smaller so they price according to size for some strange reason as manufacturing costs are virtually the same, anyhow, you can get one of said small cars inc insurance, breakdown, etc etc for around the same cost as your allowance over 3 years but at the end you would own the car instead of starting again with nothing, doesn’t make sense to lease one through motability.

#90463 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Thanks for advice.

I still have doubts that buying a car  at around £14,000 plus insurance, servicing, peace of mind is the way forward with secondhand non electric car prices likely to fall more sharply.

However, I will see what Kia,Suzuki, Hyundai dealers can do with purchase offer plans and compare with Motability.

#90469 Reply
    Macca

Hyundai run an affinity scheme where you can get a discount if you have a blue badge :

https://www.hyundaiaffinity.co.uk/location/medway/eligibility

#90476 Reply
    Macca

The entry level Hyundai i10, under their affinity discount scheme, is £8627.25 then of course the price rises through the specs.

#90477 Reply
    Macca

Under the scheme the top spec Premium SE i10 in manual form comes in at £11,834.34.

The auto Premium SE comes in at £12,392.85.

#90490 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Why 14 grand? since when did small 6 month old cars become that expensive?

#90491 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant
    #90633 Reply
    Motaxyz
    Participant

Thanks Macca and Vinal

The affinity scheme looks interesting – from their website I get to £13191 including auto and metallic paint for SE premium, but excluding ‘ on the road costs. So with those and credit costs over three years total will be in excess of £14k without insurance , servicing, tyres, breakdown. Motability still seems attractive.

#90639 Reply
    Macca

Glad thats helped you out a little. Gotta make your own call on it but for me the motability lease is always the preference.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Reply #90476 in Automatic city car
Your information: