Audi q3 wait times, something dodgy going on??

• Creator
    Topic
  • #162002 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

We’ve ordered the car in January, it’s the black edition with the light pack, was told originally april / may (haha) and now it’s mid august and we’ve just received an email saying expect more delays??? I’ve seen others on this forum get their q3 much quicker than this and they’ve ordered around the same time, I can’t help but think that they gave our order away to someone else when the chip delays got worse

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #162003 Reply
    matt

did you not get an order number ? you could give audi a call and ask about it

#162007 Reply
    Lou

I ordered an s line with optional extras on 4/5/21 and am due to collect this week. I think you need to contact your dealer, this will be my very first car with motability. I do hope you get yours sooner than expected!

#162008 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Matt I’ve been messaging auto on Twitter every week and my build date was July 27th after being delayed so much, but now being told more delays, Lou do give us a review! Enjoy😁

#162018 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

We’ve ordered the car in January, it’s the black edition with the light pack, was told originally april / may (haha) and now it’s mid august and we’ve just received an email saying expect more delays??? I’ve seen others on this forum get their q3 much quicker than this and they’ve ordered around the same time, I can’t help but think that they gave our order away to someone else when the chip delays got worse

Sorry to hear this. It must be incredibly frustrating. It sounds very much as though your dealership didn’t have any available build allocation slots for Q3’s in January and sat on your order for a few months before they could actually place your order with Audi. This happens all the time (not just with Audi) and you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of dealers who will be up front about where they are with build allocations at the point that customers express an interest in a car.

#162046 Reply
    Elizabeth

I was told upon collection of my q3 that customers who ordered extras on top of the basic black edition are having to have different chips especially on electrical options and these chips are facing delays in production hence the long waiting times.

#162065 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

That makes sense actually, I guess the lights need an extra chip or two sadly

thanks Glos guy, it is very frustrating hopefully September will be the month

#162076 Reply
    Jordan

I ordered a Q3 black edition on 13th May with light pack, I received a phone call on 4th August saying my car has finished production and will be 4-6 weeks to arrive.

#162089 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Will ask motability to investigate, what colour did you go for? For me it was between blue s line or Daytona grey black edition, went with the grey

#162091 Reply
    Jordan

I went for mythos black.

#162094 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Will ask motability to investigate, what colour did you go for? For me it was between blue s line or Daytona grey black edition, went with the grey

I should think that the vast majority of staff on the Motability help desk are as clueless about the way that manufacturer build allocation slots work as most customers are, so they will just be palmed off with the same BS that the dealer tells its customers.

Whether or not you add options shouldn’t make any difference to the lead time (as Jordan’s experience shows). If they are having problems with specific components they will more likely delete the option, as BMW did with the Harman/kardon option on my X1 order. I would put a chunk of money on the fact that your delay is purely down to the dealer not having any build slots when you ordered, but you will never get an honest answer on that. Unfortunately, your dealer has you over a barrel as they know that it will take you even longer to get a new car if you cancel and order something else.

I do feel for you and experiences like this make me feel very grateful that our local BMW dealer got us our X1 in less than 4 months – and that was with a number of options (less the hifi upgrade, as mentioned earlier).

#162187 Reply
    Haroon

Placed my order on 10th May 2021. First Audi agent left Audi and had a backlog of orders just sitting there, so fast forward to June and was told that only then was it progressed in view of a build date in Sep, delivery in Oct.

Less than ideal!

#162206 Reply
    Rav

Ordered a3 october 2020 and been told car may not be ready until Jan 2022!

I can’t believe its taking so long I didn’t even add any extras

#162213 Reply
    Jazm

I ordered mines at the start of the millennium…Still waiting

#162221 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Wow Rav that’s crazy

#162225 Reply
    Baljit

So sorry to hear this so grateful I am picking mine up on Friday ordered on the 10th of May 2021.

#164162 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

After 9 months waiting I’m finally picking up on Friday

#164169 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

A ridiculous amount of time to have to wait for a car but, in the current climate, I suspect that you will be very relieved to get your hands on it! I hope that the handover goes well and you are pleased with it. Enjoy!

#164173 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I guess she really will be your new baby then!

#164174 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Hopefully without the sleepless nights…

#164179 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Glos, yea relieved but annoyed at the time period it took, only other car that we would’ve gone for would’ve been the xc40 t5 but the boot didn’t fit everything we needed compared to the Audi, weird how some car boots even tho small can fit more things, eg our last two cars were the mk2 Tiguan and the Peugeot 3008, the Peugeot even tho a smaller boot slightly could fit so much more

solento funny you say that, it’s what I’ve been thinking and I actually had my second child recently looool

wigwam atm life is pretty hectic so the days are flying by which is a good thing I guess as it’s making the date closer

on a side note, I filled up £60 worth of fuel the day before the dealer told me it’s ready in a week so I’m driving the Peugeot until it’s almost on low 😂😂 oh and speaking of fuel, this will be the first time driving a petrol after 8 years of diesel, I’m actually putting a sticker in the fuel cap that says PETROL NOT DIESEL 😂

#164181 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Glos, yea relieved but annoyed at the time period it took, only other car that we would’ve gone for would’ve been the xc40 t5 but the boot didn’t fit everything we needed compared to the Audi, weird how some car boots even tho small can fit more things, eg our last two cars were the mk2 Tiguan and the Peugeot 3008, the Peugeot even tho a smaller boot slightly could fit so much more solento funny you say that, it’s what I’ve been thinking and I actually had my second child recently looool wigwam atm life is pretty hectic so the days are flying by which is a good thing I guess as it’s making the date closer on a side note, I filled up £60 worth of fuel the day before the dealer told me it’s ready in a week so I’m driving the Peugeot until it’s almost on low 😂😂 oh and speaking of fuel, this will be the first time driving a petrol after 8 years of diesel, I’m actually putting a sticker in the fuel cap that says PETROL NOT DIESEL 😂

I know what you mean about boots. On paper the load area in our new BMW X1 is slightly smaller than the Tiguan, but that’s misleading as the BMW is 2” lower so the extra space in the Tiguan is height and the floor area (which is the usable space) in the X1 is actually bigger. Makes a big difference for us as in the Tiguan I had to roll the rear seats forward slightly to fit my wife’s wheelchair in, whereas it goes in with ease in the X1, even with the rear seats in the most reclined position!

Like you, we have just moved back to petrol after countless diesel cars. We are fortunate that running costs don’t need to be a deciding factor in choice of cars for us, but it has come as a great surprise that our petrol X1 is returning 5 mpg better fuel economy than the similarly powered diesel Tiguan that it replaced! The other advantage is that the X1 has a much bigger fuel tank than the Tiguan so, coupled with the better mpg,  the range is significantly better. We have done well over 1,000 miles in the X1 now and only filled up twice, including the fill up when we took delivery!

• This reply was modified 2 days, 20 hours ago by Glos Guy.
    #164192 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Ah that’s great to hear glos guy, I’m very much looking forward to the new x1 that should be announced soon, I hope it stays on motability

#164205 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Ah that’s great to hear glos guy, I’m very much looking forward to the new x1 that should be announced soon, I hope it stays on motability

I’m sure that the new model will appear on Motability but probably not until a few months after launch. The other issue, of course, will be whether we can get the high output engines and top trim levels as we can at present. My suspicion, with the way that the scheme is going, is that we might not.

#164208 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I’m sure that the new model will appear on Motability but probably not until a few months after launch. The other issue, of course, will be whether we can get the high output engines and top trim levels as we can at present. My suspicion, with the way that the scheme is going, is that we might not.

There won’t be a “top trim” anymore, the new one will have the same trim options as the other new BMW models (the ones based on OS7). Sport, and M Sport.

At least, that’s my guess.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Audi q3 wait times, something dodgy going on??
Your information: