Audi q3 tfsi40

• Creator
    Topic
  • #145522 Reply
    Dave147
    Participant

Hello all,

I’ve been perusing the site for some months now and find it very informative, there are a lot of knowledgeable members on here.  I would like to ask if anyone  thinks that the Audi q3 with the 40tfsi engine could possibly make it on to the scheme in the near future.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145523 Reply
    John

I would say no chance lol

#145526 Reply
    Dave147
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response, can I ask why you think it won’t bearing in mind that the new Tiguan with the 2litre petrol engine is now available on the scheme. My car is up for renewal in September and I like the look of the facelift Q3 and would prefer the more powerful engine.

#145535 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hello all, I’ve been perusing the site for some months now and find it very informative, there are a lot of knowledgeable members on here. I would like to ask if anyone thinks that the Audi q3 with the 40tfsi engine could possibly make it on to the scheme in the near future.

There is no reason why it shouldn’t appear, as it meets all the criteria (bhp, price etc). However, I notice that the 40TFSI is a 190PS engine with 4WD and the choice of these is now getting very limited on the Motability scheme. We have been looking for an SUV with that sort of petrol engine and ideally 4WD to replace our 190PS 4WD diesel Tiguan and, aside from the budget brands, you are really only left with the VW Tiguan and the BMW X1. Even the Volvo XC40 with the higher output petrol engine is only available in 2WD form if you want the more desirable ‘Pro’ models.

Motability seem to be pushing us more towards smaller engine SUV’s, most of which are only available in 2WD. We had the Q3 on our shortlist but the small engine and 2WD only put us off, plus the fact that some features that we would like aren’t available, even as options. The arrival of the 2.0i 190PS 4WD Tiguan is encouraging, but as we fancied a change we’ve gone for the X1 20i 4WD. An all new X1 is due out next year and we contemplated waiting for that but, the way the scheme is going, I can see the top level version no longer featuring when it eventually appears on Motability, so we are getting one with a bit of oomph whilst we are still allowed such indulgences! The 40TFSI Quattro would have caused us to give the Q3 a second look, even though the same issues about lack of certain kit would still have applied. Whenever Audis have appeared on Motability the choice has always been very restricted, but with more powerful engined cars from other marques in the VAG stable appearing, you never know.

#145550 Reply
    Dave147
    Participant

Thanks for that informative statement Glos guy. I have to say I agree with everything you say. I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that the powers that be introduce it to the scheme lol.

#145552 Reply
    sif

There is of course the ‘budget’ 3008 300 gt which weighs in at £47,855.00 OTR with pano, elec seats, wireless charger, enhanced charger and elec tailgate in pearlescent white if you can live with the inferior badge. I guess the notion of good badge bad badge is an age thing with some people, irrespective of how the automotive scene changes, prejudices remain.

#145557 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

There is of course the ‘budget’ 3008 300 gt which weighs in at £47,855.00 OTR with pano, elec seats, wireless charger, enhanced charger and elec tailgate in pearlescent white if you can live with the inferior badge. I guess the notion of good badge bad badge is an age thing with some people, irrespective of how the automotive scene changes, prejudices remain.

Peugeot isn’t a budget brand. It’s mid market. I know what you mean about prejudices though. Some people dismiss the premium brands as just being brand snobbery. Usually these people haven’t ever owned one to experience the difference in things like build quality and engine refinement, but dismiss them none the less. There is nothing wrong with budget brands and they are not solely defined by price. You can get some expensive cars from the budget brands and some relatively  inexpensive ones from the premium manufacturers. Budget is also not a derogatory term but an industry categorisation. Many consider them to be the smart choice. Thankfully these days there are hardly any bad cars and we are all therefore able to make choices based on what we prefer. There is no right or wrong choice. I actually looked into the model you mentioned but reviews weren’t great. The petrol engine was said to be a bit gruff and the transition between electric and petrol wasn’t smooth compared to other PHEV’s. As you say it is very well equipped though.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Audi q3 tfsi40
Your information: