Audi A3 saloon

• Creator
    Topic
  • #132728 Reply
    Adam

Hi All, has anyone ordered the A3 Saloon. Been down today to our local dealer and we were impressed with the Edition 1 spec and AP amount.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #132844 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I would dive into that in a heartbeat. Best car on the scheme by far, if only i didnt have a glass back so i could get back out once ive got in lol

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#132847 Reply
    Ali

The a3 looks like a run of the mill saloon, very forgetful and could easily have a ford badge on it and wouldn’t look out of place

#132867 Reply
    Phil

Hi Mike,

Think its around the £2,500 mark, thats with a lot of kit and I’m sure there’s some dealerships giving £250 off the AP before December.

All about opinions Ali but that Audi looks absolutely nothing like a Ford mate! Maybe a trip to Spec Savers is in order bud ha!

#132875 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That one looks looks better, the grand coupe, with discount, and GCB worked at at £650 AP.</p>

#132882 Reply
    gillan

Its a difficult one.The audi is good looking but the beemer is a far better drive.

The problem for me is the beemer is so so ugly from the rear door onwards. I don’t know what they were thinking when they designed the rear it looks terrible.

#132883 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

The back end of the GC is very different to other BMW’s and reminds me of the back of a VW. When they first came out I went to my local dealer to take a look and from the front I thought it looked nice but when going to the rear I was very disappointed. After saying that, it will be far superior to the Audi behind the wheel and the level of specification in MSport trim will also be greater in the BMW.

#132884 Reply
    Simon

Elliot the specification on the Audi in 1 edition trim is far better than a M Sport BMW. What makes you think different ?

#132889 Reply
    72 dudes

I wonder how many of you are under the impression that the BMW is still rear wheel drive? It’s not it’s front wheel drive.

In a recent test of the hatchback versions of the new A3, 1 series and A class, the A3 was deemed most comfortable and the best handling of the 3.

#132890 Reply
    Phil

I have looked at the options for you and have listed below:

M Sport Plus pack £2200
    Added 19 inch alloys £595
    ADVANCE PAYMENT £1749
    TOTAL £4544

We are offering £500 towards your advance payment and so new total £4044

The email from above was from a BMW dealer a month or so. Those options are in line with what you get on the Audi Edition One for around 2k. You can also add a B&O sound and comfort pack for an extra £800 on top.

The Audi looks much better value.

#132892 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I was of the opinion that basics such as heated seats were missing from the Audi.

BMW’s come as standard with heated seats, self parking, reversing assistant and rear view camera.

#132894 Reply
    Simon

All on the Audi with a lot more. Please research before posting.

#132903 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Please refrain from acting like you own this site.

#132904 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Park assist is a £1750 option extra on the Edition 1.

This is according to the Audi website.

#132925 Reply
    PS

In my opinion, and I start with “in my opinion” the bmw is a better option in terms of an all rounder. I had the Audi A4 s line black edition Tfsi and now have the new 3 series. If I had to compare both, the new 3 series is miles ahead with driving experience and of course it is rear wheel drive. The good thing about the Audi was the B&O sound system, virtual cockpit and seats were comfy too. However when looking at the driving experience the BMW has a 50 50 weight distribution which the Audi does not have and makes the car handling  much more easier. The Audi in my opinion is more comparable to a VW in terms of driving experience. Please don’t attack this post as it is only a view from my personal opinion as I had both cars.

#132926 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

I wonder how many of you are under the impression that the BMW is still rear wheel drive? It’s not it’s front wheel drive.

That’s correct, sharing the same core architecture as the current Mini Hatchback and BMW X1 & X2 twins.

Between the 2-Series GC and A3 Saloon, the dislike the former’s ‘nose’. The grille is far too larger and looks ill-proportioned while the latter looks better balanced and very chiselled.

Purely based on aesthetics, I do like the 2-Series GC’s cabin more so than the A3’s.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Aygo1991.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#132937 Reply
    Phil

Its all about opinions. I know a few on here have the 2 series gc and you’ve every right to be smitten with it, they are nice motors.

Maybe instead of trying to pick apart the BMW or Audi, we should be happy that there is some good looking, well equipped cars coming back to the scheme. It looked at one point that the premium brands and models would be a thing of the past.

Whilst we’re on, I’ve decided on a CLA but now have the task of deciding on the saloon or shooting brake. Maybe I could get some opinions on here? Ha!

#132939 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

The new Skoda Octavia looks gorgeous too

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#132942 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Phil, shooting brake, for me, just a bit of extra versatility and i like a shape. the cla, is a fab car, but out of my budget unfortunately.</p>

#132968 Reply
    Phil

Lord Muc,

I’ve put my order in for the shooting break with premium plus pack. The dealership is also going to add the night pack themselves when it arrives in mid March. They’re also going to sort me a deal out on a set of AMG black multi spoke wheels when the car gets here. I sent them a picture of a CLA and mine should look pretty much identical with their help.

Its turned out more expensive but if I wanted the same car on PCP it would be 4k upfront and around £400/£500 per month without the other benefits of the scheme.

#132972 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Lord Muc, I’ve put my order in for the shooting break with premium plus pack. The dealership is also going to add the night pack themselves when it arrives in mid March. They’re also going to sort me a deal out on a set of AMG black multi spoke wheels when the car gets here. I sent them a picture of a CLA and mine should look pretty much identical with their help. Its turned out more expensive but if I wanted the same car on PCP it would be 4k upfront and around £400/£500 per month without the other benefits of the scheme.

Wow! Congratulations, Phil. I would’ve also plucked for the Shooting Brake purely for the additional practicality.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#132974 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Phil, that’s good regarding the wheels as I’m not a fan of the AMG Line ones.

Which engine did you go for?

#132975 Reply
    Lord Muc

Phil, well done. That’s a fantastic choice. Well jel!!

#132976 Reply
    Lord Muc

Phil, when I was looking at the end of last year, beginning of year, then lockdown. I travelled miles to look at the cla, including the mercedes mega site at brooklands, which was the only dealer, with one you could sit in, no test drives, without exception, they just said, no idea when they would have any, and between that the AP shot up, if they were more available at the time, I would have pushed 0% interest credit card, and done exactly the same as you.

#132983 Reply
    Phil

They only do the premium plus in the 180 AMG line version, which is a bit weird as there isn’t much difference in the AP on the CLA models. I’ve taken a bit of a hit on performance for the sunroof and added extras, but I test drove a 180 last year and its more than adequate on the motorway so it will do me fine.

Its stretched me a bit due to the time of year, but I didn’t really want to risk with Brexit and either prices going up in Q1 or the car disappearing altogether. Plus, I’ve saved a few quid with not being able to have a few sociable pints over this dreadful year!

I’ll post the picture I sent to the dealer, who then told me about sorting the night pack out and wheels to match.

#132984 Reply
    Phil

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
Reply To: Audi A3 saloon
Your information: