ATS Bad Service

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robert 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #72386 Reply

Sean
    Participant

I have a car for my son, The car needed a full set of new tyres.

In rural areas of Wales ATS have a deal where they contact Kwik Fit and they authorise the fitting, so It was authorised for four new tyres to be fitted even though 1 of them was above the 2.0mm (just) as goodwill, an appointment was made for me to return a week later at 1pm..

So I returned, at 1PM left my car and said id be back at 4PM after I had the kids etc and was told thats fine car would be waiting.

I turn up at 4PM and ATS hadn’t even started to change the wheels! on top of this they then told me the authorisation from last week that Kwik Fit were now arguing that they weren’t going to do it, it was eventually sorted but I was made to feel like it was somehow my fault or problem, and ATS wasn’t for arguing the point this was previously authorised.

I then had to wait 40 minutes while they rushed it throwing the tyres and wheels round with no respect for my S-Max, I was sent on my way with under inflated tyres, my TPS reporting they needed filling, and when I did pull over to do it at the next garage i noticed that my valve caps were missing!

I thought the eye rolling I got at Kwik Fit was bad enough but I will never use ATS again.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Sean.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #72388 Reply

solent60
    Participant

I feel you pain Sean.

Krap-Fit are truly abysmal. In all the years I have ever had to visit them, only once have I ever been pleased with their service… once!

Like many of us – I look after my Motability car as if it’s my own. I always pay particular attention to my precious alloy wheels & and perhaps I’m a bit OCD on not kerbing them. When you watch what Krap-Fit laughingly call “Trained Technicians” bash & crash your cherished alloys around it makes my blood boil. I have very expensive 18″ diamond cut alloys on my current car & I dread the time when my tyres need replacing. I know it’s against Motability policy – but I’d be better off taking the car down to MonkeyWorld in Dorset & letting the caged primates there have a go at replacing my tyres instead. They sure couldn’t be any worse!!!

#72419 Reply

Shaine

I always make a point of asking them to be careful with my wheels. I take great care of my Motability car and I don’t think it’s to much to ask them to do the same.

#72432 Reply

Robert

As this is about ATS and not Kwik Fit I’ll add my bit. I had to get a new tyre and they were the only place available, the service they gave was awful. We had a trip to Scotland the day after and made half of the trip at 50mph on the spare wheel as the tyre they put on went flat. We had to go to ATS near Kilmarnock to get it changed, what a difference, they couldn’t have been more helpful.

As far as Kwik Fit goes I’ve had no problems, but I know it all depends on the branch or the branch manager, by my experience ATS are the same.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: ATS Bad Service

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: