Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75609 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Tesla model 3 is coming to the UK in early May, exact costs have not yet been released but will be within Motabilities guidlines for an auto.

By all accounts it is a very very good car so why shouldn`t we be able to get one?

If interested why not contact Motability and ask the question, i will be.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #122916 Reply
    Shed1965
    Participant

Hi everyone I have just spent the afternoon with my close friend who was taking delivery of his new Tesla and what a car it is the finish and feel of the car is top notch although the showroom feel very much like a Apple store ,what I wanted to say was to everyone lusting after a Tesla two things .one any of us who like a higher seating position then forget it as the Tesla is really quite low riding and secondly never mind BHP or price limits etc ,the second reason is this after speaking to the dealer principal while my friend was going through the pomp and fuss with getting a new car I casually asked about the Tesla being on the scheme,he thought about it trying to be diplomatic and said even if we could get over the hurdles of price caps,BHP caps etc I am afraid that Tesla as a brand do not see motability as part of their business model or with their brand image and while everyone wants one and their brand is riding high then that will remain the case

#122919 Reply
    72 dudes

@Shed1965.

Thank you, that’s pretty much what I’ve been saying for months.

Now, the next person to mention the T word in relation to being on the scheme has to have an Invacar as their next vehicle. 😂

#122922 Reply
    Tharg

Can I have this one, please, sir?

#122885 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

The mainstream fossil manufacturers won’t introduce mainstream EVs unless they are hit with fines/quote] That’s not true – plenty of mainstream cars out and coming in the future as well. Most major manufacturers have them in the works and are spending billions of $ developing them.

The current situation in the EU is that manufacturers are fined Euro95 for every g/km over 95g/km, so, for the mentioned petrol Astra with 115g/km the fine would be around £1700 currently. An offset of two cars worth is available for every car with less than 50g/km produced, that falls to every 1.67 cars in 2021. The fines are already here, and that’s exactly why these companies are finally releasing the EVs. These manufacturers have been lobbying to have these fines deferred due to COVID, as if a virus has caused the problems they have created.

The manufacturers are introducing electric models everywhere – in the EU countries as well as round the rest of the world.  The EU fines may be seen as pushing them to do it quicker but any money having to be spent on the fine just end up on the cost of the car they sell to the customer.

They want the fines deferred due to COVID because it has had a huge affect on car sales and having to give money over to the EU rather than keeping money in the business is much better for them.

#123265 Reply
    Rich

According to Which Tesla make some of the most unreliable vehicles on the road, I suspect they are running the Apple business model. Create a brand with cult following & everyone forgives/ignores any faults.

Don’t get me wrong they’re clearly amazing cars but high numbers end up at a garage in the 1st year of ownership & 50% of those were a stay of at least 5 days.

Even if everything else lines up it could be stats like that would put motability off?

#123292 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Is it just me but I find Tesla very ugly looking cars I also think they are too big and wide for our country roads

#123371 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The Model 3 isn’t too bad in size but the rest are a bit large

Tesla Model 3:                                   Peugeot e2008:                                  Hyundai Ioniq electric:

4,694 mm Long                                 4,300 mm Long                                   4,470 mm Long

1,849 mm Wide                                 1,770 mm Wide                                    1,820 mm Wide

1,443 mm High                                  1,530 mm High                                    1,450 mm High

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by gothitjulie.
    #124581 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

This might be of interest to this thread as it sort of answers when the Tesla might be coming to Motability…

https://uk.motor1.com/news/445310/tesla-25000-car-3-years/

#124606 Reply
    Daf

When Tesla bring a £20k car to the UK market it’s going to be very difficult for Motability not to provide it as an option. I would agree that build quality does need to be improved, but that issue might be addressed by manufacturing in Germany.

Seems we are at the tipping point where BEVs are no more expensive than ICE cars.

#124611 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The build quality of the ID3 is interesting, the fit of the panels is typically germanic, the car rides well, etc., alas the software doesn’t work with the screens locking up etc.

The build quality of the Peugeot? much the same I’m afraid, I’m getting all sorts of warnings that disappear with a reboot. We’re talking about communication errors with rapid chargers here & having to unclip the 12V battery positive for a few seconds to get things to work, plus some very worrying warnings whilst driving.

Now Tesla, the quality is good but not perfect, but the software has been through years of evolution & refinement, it works.

Any alternatives currently? Yes, the South Koreans, Kia & Hyundai. Perhaps the Chinese cars too.

Perhaps the VW ID3 software has an issue where the emission cheat software divides by zero… work it out!

#124613 Reply
    Daf

Perhaps it’s all due to that couple from Wales with the old TV that keeps knocking the internet off!!! (on Good Morning ITV)

#129854 Reply
    George Houston

<p style=”text-align: center;”>When will tesla3 be on mobility</p>

#129861 Reply
    Martinod

Has anyone actually asked if Tesla is coming on

#129864 Reply
    Brad

I think you could only imagine the uproar there would be from non motability customers and newspapers if a Tesla came on the scheme. Even if the model 3 came on which starts at £43,000, too expensive for a car on the scheme. IF tesla had a car cheaper coming out around 20-25k it may be possible but I think you would be looking at a very high AP. possible more then the 3k ish Mercedes are wanting for the CLA/ GLA. looking back on the days Range Rover evoques were on which was 10,000 AP. I think tesla cars should be available sometime in future but may need to reduce its price, especially with it being an electric car and how the government are wanting to get rid of petrol/ diesel.

#129871 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Personally i don`t like the Tesla models anyway apart from the Model Y which will never be on the scheme. I think Kia and Hyundai will dominate the market in the UK in years to come, cars look good and they are really well built with quality materials but most importantly they have the range and lets face it in 90% of the buyers heads its what counts when contemplating an EV. You can make as many pretty cars as you want but buyers will always opt for the range over looks and i would say even price within reason and KIA have that part of the market cornered already with massive waiting lists for the e-nero and the soul EV tipped to be going the same way.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#130325 Reply
    Chris

Don’t know why people are banging on about ‘ tesla ‘

I really don’t understand it, its the whole apple thing again where everyone wants one. A good friend of mine bought one in February and its been back to the dealer 6-7 times already! Its currently in the garage as its stuck in park and will not disengage, sure the gimmicky stuff is interesting and entertaining but they seem like they are nailed together by people with no mechanical know how. The first visit to the garage was because of a loose strut housing, A LOOSE STRUT ( that’s what holds your suspension and wheels to the car for those wondering) the rest were interior trim falling off and panel alignment issues.

Hyundai/kia etc are a way better option for build quality and so on, maybe not tech and battery performance but it won’t take long for them to catch up and surpass tesla in all sectors ( where it matters ) they are just overpriced lumps of metal from the good old USA but just like apple with the iPhone they’ll show their true colours soon enough! And once competitors catch up and over take them they’ll just become another car.

Plus Elon musk is an utter cock womble.

#130328 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Chris I agree I also think they are very ugly cars and the bigger ones look to wide for our roads

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#130329 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

Mmmm Kia or Tesla? I think I can guess where the majority would go on that one.:)

#130335 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Chris

I’ve seen nasty things about Tesla quality control before but I don’t think Apple can be put in the same cart as they have wealth of more than $2 Trillion and the iPhone will remain a best seller for many years yet because they update and support their phones for at least 5 years whereas the Android brigade your lucky if you get any OS updates or if you do 1 year or 2 years top’s and its why I’ve given up on Android phones after 11 years and countless Android phones.

So don’t expect Tesla to be disappearing anytime soon but yes your right, it does seem they need to tighten up there QC.

#130340 Reply
    Chris

Wasn’t really comparing build quality mate just the obsession with iPhone when they first made an appearance and now tesla. Now iPhone have proper competitors they aren’t as favourable as they once were, and soon tesla will follow that curve.

#130342 Reply
    Brydo

Tesla build quality does appear to be an issue but with regard to battery development and tech they are about five years ahead of the competition and its likely to stay that way for a wee while yet.

Elon’s big plan is to have fleets of autonomous taxis all around the world so build quality will need to improve if is to achieve his goal.

#130347 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Never like them TBH too low and that screen in the middle is hideous especially in the model 3 but the one thing they a leaps and bounds in front with is the charging infrastructure. They are streets ahead of anyone else in that field but car wise i would have an E-nero or a Soul EV over the model 3 any day of the week even if the AP was the same.

in my spare time

#130351 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I’m sorry but there’s no way I would have a Kia Soul.

#130352 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I’m sorry but there’s no way I would have a Kia Soul.

Each to his own i guess as there is no way i would have a model 3. Good job were all different or the world would be a boring place indeed.

in my spare time

#130353 Reply
    Brydo

Stuart I would have one, I like the look, pretty quirky.

I think Tesla are starting to look a bit boring all a bit too samey, if that’s a word, they really need to redesign them, freshen it up a bit.

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 193 total)
Reply To: Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.
Your information: