Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75609 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Tesla model 3 is coming to the UK in early May, exact costs have not yet been released but will be within Motabilities guidlines for an auto.

By all accounts it is a very very good car so why shouldn`t we be able to get one?

If interested why not contact Motability and ask the question, i will be.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #116317 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Dave I didn’t know that

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#116337 Reply
    martino

every time i come on here , then i see the chat about Tesla first thing i think is great Tesla is coming on i then read it in the hope someone will put Tesla is coming onto motability , i do it every time i log on

#116338 Reply
    martino

i wonder how may people have contacted Motability to ask if and when tesla will be coming on and would it help them make the decition to add it

#116339 Reply
    Brydo

Martino there’s not much more you can do on motability. We hope the car we want will be on the scheme next quarter, we hope the APs will go down, or at the very least stay the same. We hope our car will arrive within the next six months, we hope metallic paint is included in the AP. We hope motability see the light and put more EVs on the scheme etc etc etc.

#116349 Reply
    martino

brydo true. i always find you pick a car then something eles comes on you like

#116351 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

i wonder how may people have contacted Motability to ask if and when tesla will be coming on and would it help them make the decition to add it

I bet they have a good ole chuckle when people do ring.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#116352 Reply
    martino

Wayne i reacon they do

#116359 Reply
    Brydo

I have asked and they just say they have no info on it.

I think in the future I will ask to get put through to someone who actually knows what’s going on as the people who answer the phone are little more than receptionists.

#117647 Reply
    Mrs Kalsoom Ahmed

Can you let me now if you are getting Tesla 3 on motobility scheme

#117671 Reply
    Zohaib

Lol mrs Ahmed I don’t think that’s going to be happening for a long long time

#122729 Reply
    Norman Palmer

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Could you please initiate a dialogue with Tesla with the objective of including a couple of their models onto motability.</p>
    There is a compact car in the pipeline pegged at less than $20,000 you need to be in close contact to be aware of future developments for your clientel

#122733 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

If you want to give them an even bigger laugh, ask when the ID3 is going to be on scheme. All gone v. quiet over in VAG-land. Is it broke, or what?

#122742 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The ID3 was held up with software issues, perhaps VW is having problems getting their standard cheat software to work on the EVs.

Still, my e2008 is still reporting fuel consumption in infinity mpg of petrol in the app.

I was chatting with a chap with a Tesla Model 3 this afternoon whilst we were imbibing upon free vend electrons from Ionity chargers at Cobham Services on the M25, & he’s had no problems with software in the Tesla whatsoever in the year he’s owned it.

#122754 Reply
    martino

Jilly u sound really intelligence I read with interest all your posts. Tesla should be on scheme makes sence for them.

#122759 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

After seeing this pic of a tesla I deffo won’t be getting one ever, I wonder if machines can do a better job than humans and i driver drove into a cop car while watching a movie on his phone and was using auto pilot and another went into an ambulance and there’s been others.. where’s the crumple zone and it looks like a fire brokeout as well.

The id 3 VW are having problems with the operating system and eu rules stop them creating one for all car makers like android on phones, so they need code written i guess and they not experts in this field they car makers.

They are being made or was and the software system will be installed when ready this was months ago and still nothing..

#122764 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

VW need to be careful as Hyundai are already making the Kona electric in the EU & it is a pretty good car.

rox, the Tesla television watching whilst driving isn’t an option in european markets, many of the autopilot features are disabled so it does the lane keeping assist stuff, the follow at a distance stuff, but not much else. Similar features on the PSA group EVs, and I turn the lane keeping assist off as I hate it, but the active cruise control is lovely.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by gothitjulie.
    #122766 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

martino, Tesla Model 3, 241 – 449 bhp, hence not on the scheme.

The mainstream fossil manufacturers won’t introduce mainstream EVs unless they are hit with fines, we already know that, they will do the minimum they can as they make more money on fossil powered foul smelling heaps of junk.

Tesla don’t need to introduce a mainstream EV when they can sell all the upmarket sporty EVs they can produce, but there will come a time when they do & that’s when suddenly all the fossil manufacturers are panicked into making them too.

#122778 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

I can’t begin to think what the ap would be. The change I have noticed in 3 years in terms of rising ap prices is quite alarming. 3k down payments used to be a rarity but quite common nowadays.

#122838 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

The mainstream fossil manufacturers won’t introduce mainstream EVs unless they are hit with fines/quote]

That’s not true – plenty of mainstream cars out and coming in the future as well.  Most major manufacturers have them in the works and are spending billions of $ developing them.

#122863 Reply
    Simon

Alan1302 you are going to get owned! Awaiting Julie’s reply with anticipation.

#122864 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The mainstream fossil manufacturers won’t introduce mainstream EVs unless they are hit with fines/quote] That’s not true – plenty of mainstream cars out and coming in the future as well. Most major manufacturers have them in the works and are spending billions of $ developing them.

The current situation in the EU is that manufacturers are fined Euro95 for every g/km over 95g/km, so, for the mentioned petrol Astra with 115g/km the fine would be around £1700 currently. An offset of two cars worth is available for every car with less than 50g/km produced, that falls to every 1.67 cars in 2021.

The fines are already here, and that’s exactly why these companies are finally releasing the EVs.

These manufacturers have been lobbying to have these fines deferred due to COVID, as if a virus has caused the problems they have created.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by gothitjulie.
    #122877 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Or some are just removing the cars totally from the eu market place. To avoid the fines. Honda is pulling production from the eu Totally.

We was meant to go to euro disney this year was booked as a treat for my daughters from granny for xmas, but because of covid has been cancelled for now. But anyhow we was gonna go to paris as we was so close looked into it. You need a sticker which costs just over 3 euros plus postage and lasts till it’s no longer viewable or the car is no longer viable..

Where as in the uk to drive into central london What is the cost, The Congestion Charge is a £15 daily charge if you drive within the Congestion Charge zone 07:00-22:00, every day, except Christmas Day (25 December).

We as a nation are being taken for idiots imo over other countries. Rip off britain and this is my issue as well, with it all. They pricing pll off the roads. Cars that people bought in good faith are then ripped off again and again, next year the zone expands to all of london vitrually and it’s coming to all other cities & major towns. yep we as BB holders are exempt but for how long.

#122886 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

Or some are just removing the cars totally from the eu market place. To avoid the fines. Honda is pulling production from the eu Totally. We was meant to go to euro disney this year was booked as a treat for my daughters from granny for xmas, but because of covid has been cancelled for now. But anyhow we was gonna go to paris as we was so close looked into it. You need a sticker which costs just over 3 euros plus postage and lasts till it’s no longer viewable or the car is no longer viable.. Where as in the uk to drive into central london What is the cost, The Congestion Charge is a £15 daily charge if you drive within the Congestion Charge zone 07:00-22:00, every day, except Christmas Day (25 December). We as a nation are being taken for idiots imo over other countries. Rip off britain and this is my issue as well, with it all. They pricing pll off the roads. Cars that people bought in good faith are then ripped off again and again, next year the zone expands to all of london vitrually and it’s coming to all other cities & major towns. yep we as BB holders are exempt but for how long.

Honda are pulling out of production in the UK as there sales are not high enough to support the production here.  They have a lot of spare manufacturing in their other factories round the world so just using those – especially since Japan has a trade deal with the EU so can ship cars in from their Japanese factories easily.

How would you deal with the congestion in large cities and towns if you don’t like the Congestion Charge ideas?

#122888 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

According to Auto express there is a volvo electric that is better than Tesla i know there is a hype with the Tesla name and it looks a nice car but they are priced too high for motability at this time but they may come on the scheme if price is competitive in the future. I mean at this time there are many cars we can no longer get on the scheme in petrol engines although i think the toyota corolla hybrid is usable due to it not being plug in.I like the vw polo gti dsg 2ltr but not sure why that’s on the scheme as the insurance is no higher than mini cooper s 2ltr auto and that is on the scheme very strange is motability.

#122902 Reply
    Tharg

@daveblue I do so totally agree about the Polo GTi, as I’ve said boringly regularly on here. It is a perfect small car with a proven and brilliant engine/gearbox combination. It is cheaper, slower, with acceptable bhp (and a much better ride) than Cooper S yet it remains censored. Damn silly.  Still enjoy my Cooper S though.

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 193 total)
Reply To: Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.
Your information: