Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.

This topic contains 114 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Carl 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75609 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Tesla model 3 is coming to the UK in early May, exact costs have not yet been released but will be within Motabilities guidlines for an auto.

By all accounts it is a very very good car so why shouldn`t we be able to get one?

If interested why not contact Motability and ask the question, i will be.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 14 replies - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #107677 Reply

ShockedFox

What is the best ev available on the scheme right now?

#107678 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Best for boot space is probably the MG ZS EV, followed by the Peugeot e-2008, the Ioniq has a shallow boot.

Best for outright fun is probably the BMW i3s followed by the i3.

Best for range runoured to be the Peugeot e-208 but we’re awaiting Bjorn Nyland’s verdict.

Best for efficiency probably the Hyundai Ioniq Electric.

Best for charge rate e-208/corsa-e/DS3 e-tense/e-2008, followed by the MG ZS EV.

Best internal decor is the i3/i3s, or the DS3 e-tense depending on mood or bling factor.

It depends on which measure you choose & what’s important to you.

#107682 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Thatโ€™s a belting summary Julie. Really useful. Thank you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

๐ŸŽ I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it ๐ŸŽ

#107701 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

I could go a bit further….

Best for comfort is probably the Hyundai Ioniq Electric, then comes the MG ZS EV.

Best for acceleration is the i3s, followed by the i3, then the e-208/corsa-e.

Best & worst for street cred is the i3s, it’s a bit marmite.

Cutest is the DS3 e-tense, it’s very Mini-like.

Greenest, well, they’ll all be pretty green, but the i3 seems to be recycled & recyclable.

Best charge profile curve is the i3 which will hold the 42kW all the way to about 90%, most annoying is the Ioniq until the battery gets warm enough to charge properly (coldgate).

Most aerodynamic is the Ioniq, which will matter at higher speeds a bit, but car aerodynamics are a joke anyway as at our speed limits aedrodynamic efficiency doesn’t matter as much as the car industry makes out.

#107719 Reply

Georgie

Perhaps we’ll get the Model 3 once the bigger and better Model Y takes over and demand for the Model 3 drops off.

Who knows?ย  Maybe we’ll even get the Model Y – starting price is only c. ยฃ30k.

#107721 Reply

Shed1965
    Participant

Hi considering Tesla cannot fulfill there order book for private buyers I donโ€™t suppose that there will be any hurry to get involved with Motability and give huge discounts

#107730 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I could go a bit furtherโ€ฆ.

And you have! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Great list that must have taken quite a while to collate. Thank you.

The i3 is so tempting. (Iโ€™ll choose the โ€˜best street credโ€™ from your list ๐Ÿคฃ)

#107733 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i3 or i3s is my choice for next time if its still around in 3yrs, hopefully the ap comes down but as soon as i pick up the countyman and balance the ap/gcb etc i will be putting something aside each month for an ev next time round.

planning ahead or what lol.

#107735 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Exactly what Iโ€™m doing Mitch.
    My wife calls me a squirrel ๐Ÿฟ. ๐Ÿ˜‚

………oh wait,……..she says she calls me that because Iโ€™m always playing with my nuts!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Dorry couldnโ€™t resist. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‚

#107749 Reply

Carl

I am calling into the telsa showroom in bristol next tuesday, I will speak to staff there as to the probability of the model 3 being on mobility!!

#107776 Reply

ian

Having extended our lease for a further 2 years I am hoping that there will be more EV cars on the scheme in 2022. I really want to get an EV as the saving on fuel is massive when doing 15K miles a year. The current EV selection from Motability does not suit our needs and the one’s that do are not on the scheme, and I doubt they ever will given the price and current demand. What I don’t understand is why Motability are not leading from the front given their buying power and raise the cap to include these EV cars. We will just have to wait until 2035 before Motability decide to put these on the scheme,

#109027 Reply

Trevor

I think Toyota hybreds only work up to.

40/50. Mph

I want a Tesla on mobility

#109028 Reply

Trevor

When can I get a Tesla on mobility please.hurry it up

#109029 Reply

Carl

I called into the telsa showroom at cribbs in bristol last week, the sales executive said that there was no chance of the current telsa being on mobility due to it’s current pricing structure….

Model 3 prices:ย  standard range ยฃ39k, long range ยฃ47k and performance version a whopping ยฃ52k.ย  These prices are before paint which is 2k-4k depending on colours.

There is a model Y being introduced in California usa as from next month, it is an suv type and will be cheaper than the model 3 but she stated that it will not be in the uk for at least 2 years and there is already a huge waiting list for this vehicle in the uk….. so the chances of it finding it’s way onto the scheme is very slim!

Afterall, we cant even get the Nissan leaf on the scheme ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 14 replies - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
Reply To: Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: