Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75609 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Tesla model 3 is coming to the UK in early May, exact costs have not yet been released but will be within Motabilities guidlines for an auto.

By all accounts it is a very very good car so why shouldn`t we be able to get one?

If interested why not contact Motability and ask the question, i will be.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75682 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Not sure this fills me with confidence!

Watch This Amazing Video Of What Tesla Autopilot Really Sees

#75697 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

According to auto express i got the mini cooper s insurance wrong it states its 28 i think it used to be 29 but it maybe mini has updated safety features.

#75804 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Article

Tesla updates Model S and Model X

Tesla has rolled out a series of upgrades for its Model S and Model X ranges, which include an increase in range by more than 10%, improved power and torque figures, and new adaptive suspension.

Newly built models in the saloon and SUV line-up now see an estimated WLTP range of up to 375 miles for the Model S Long Range, and 315 miles for the Model X Long Range.

The 100 kWh batter for both models remains the same as before, with the increase in range coming from a new drivetrain design. The revised electric motors also increase power and torque available to the driver, improving acceleration, though these new figures are not currently available.

Faster charging capabilities have been added, increasing the charging speeds to up to 200 kW on the latest V3 Superchargers, and 145 kW on the current V2 Superchargers. Improvements enable customers to recharge up to 50% faster according to Tesla.

The new fully adaptive suspension has been designed to provide an ‘ultra-cushioned’ feel when cruising at motorway speeds, and added responsiveness when in dynamic mode. A predictive model has been designed in-house to anticipate how the damping adjusts, based on road, speed, and other driver & vehicle inputs.

Tesla has improved the levelling systems to keep the car low when at speed, reducing aerodynamic drag. The suspension system can receive over-the-air updates, meaning the system can be improved further in future.

Other improvements have seen new wheel bearings and tyres fitted to increase range and refinement, while Tesla is bringing back an entry level Standard Range model, which starts the Model S line-up at £72,550, and the Model X Standard Range model starts at £76,550 – both including the UK Plug-in Car Grant. The former has an estimated WLTP range of 280 miles on a single, and the latter at 230 miles.

Existing Model S and Model X customers who are looking to buy a new Performance version of either model will be offered the Ludicrous Mode upgrade free of charge.

The revisions are already being added to models on the production line, with new orders benefiting from the upgrades.

#75829 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

It is hardly worth talking about on a motability car forum as it will never be available on motability scheme at that price in uk but it looks good your even lucky to get a car thats over £35000 on motability automatic now as the price cap that was put on cars on the scheme due to the Daily mail right wing press disabilty hate put an end to cars over a certain price.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by daveblue. Reason: wanted to add more
    #75834 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Dave I haven’t seen the confirmed price for the Tesla S in the UK but it is almost certain to be less than £35000.

#75862 Reply
    Shawn
    Blocked

Well I have done my bit I called Motability today to have a rant about the AP on a Zoe and then went on to ask about Tesla and apparently they can see what is coming up on the scheme and they have currently not even been in touch with Tesla.

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

#75864 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Sorry Dave meant to say model 3

#75898 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Many thanks Brydo that sounds good is there any info on this model.

#75909 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Sorry guys the pricing has just been revealed and it is not good news,

Tesla Model 3 to start at £38,900 in UK

Tesla has announced UK pricing for its Model 3 with the Standard Range Plus rear-wheel drive car costing £38,900 after the Government’s £3,500 plug-in car grant.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tesla/model-3/87867/new-tesla-model-3-prices-specs-news

#75932 Reply
    Pirots
    Participant

You would think motobility would want as many EV cars on the scheme as possible because it would look good for them, and they would be very popular with us, and we would be doing something for the planet.

Maybe they might make an exception for the Tesla 3 because it’s not that far away from the cap. Although when you look at the AP on the ZOE the Tesla’s would probably be 10k and a kidney.

#75935 Reply
    Shawn
    Blocked

Well I can get the 10K but only have one twice embolised kidney left.?

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

#75937 Reply
    Pirots
    Participant

Well I can get the 10K but only have one twice embolised kidney left.?

Another example of the disabled being penalised.

#75956 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

How to buy an electric car

Buying an electric car can be easier than you think, we visit a new type of EV and hybrid dealership to find out how easy
    Electric cars may be the future but they are still very new to most people with knowledge about the technology, how to use it and what the big brands are offering being hard to come by. The first step to buying an electric car for most people then, is to get up to speed with the change in usage patterns that EVs demand and the type of products that are available from brands like Audi  , Nissan, BMW and Volkswagen and more. Usefully, a new type of car showroom aims to help you do just that.

Charging point operator, Chargemaster, has opened the UK’s first multi-brand EV showroom. Dubbed the Electric Vehicle Experience Centre (EVEC), it gives motorists the chance to explore the latest electric and hybrid cars, although no cars can be bought at the facility.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/electric-cars/101041/how-to-buy-an-electric-car

#81188 Reply
    Bevly GORDON

Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme, can you advise.

Regards

#81361 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

To be honest motability operations  is not interested in helping the planet as it tells me they are run by the banks for profit so thats almost ffff off for us disabled as they see us as profit makers for the banks that let us down in the crash.

#81418 Reply
    Philjb

I think a car like the Tesla is a long way away from ever being on the scheme but if anyone watched top gear last week, Chris harris tested the hot version against a bmw m3 and it blitzed the BMW in everything but the actual raw chassis driving experience, which tbh not many on here would or could be allowed under scheme rules to track day one or drive one on the road to its max limits.

But interestingly he said he thought in a few years they would supply main stream manufacturers the batteries, so one day their maybe a Kia or ford or vw etc version with the best batteries available.   So who knows what’s in store say in another 10;years?

#85623 Reply
    Narinder

hi can I ask why the Tesla model 3 is not on Motability !!!!!!! I as a customer would love this to available thanks.

#85624 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Narinder the problem we have just now is motability works on getting large discounts from manufacturers. At present BEVs are being snapped up as they leave the factory and in some circumstances people are waiting a year for their car to be delivered. So the manufacturers don’t need to deal with motability as they are selling their BEVs at full price.

Another problem is that it is unlikely that Tesla could deal with the demand from motability if the Tesla model 3 did come on the scheme.

Narinder I have not noticed you posting before so if this is your first post, welcome to the forum.

#85629 Reply
    Littledave

Whilst being very good electric vehicles, according to most reviews, their build quality is appalling, particularly in the paintwork and body gaps.

#85639 Reply
    Philjb

Why are the bodywork gaps and paintwork on EV’s any different from other cars?

#85667 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Think he means Tesla are doing a piss poor job of fitting body panels and giving them a crap paint job.

#85677 Reply
    EVman

Saw a YouTuber snagging a Tesla on fit and finish he had been GIVEN!!!!!?

#85706 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I have watched and read many articles about Tesla cars and only a couple have been negative.

The VAST majority of buyers are perfectly happy by all accounts.

#85710 Reply
    Philjb

I’ve got to say all the Tesla cars I’ve seen have looked spot on.

They had a shop in the Westfield centre near us, I was always impressed by the paint choice and interiors.

Im surprised there have been build quality issues.

#85711 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

If motability are adding the Volvo xc40 phev (which costs more than a model 3) why can’t they come to an agreement with tesla

itll only add to Tesla’s sales, every year they don’t make a profit maybe motability sales could help turn that around

some will say the waiting times will be too long but I’m sure people (who already have cars) wouldn’t mind waiting a year+ for one to be ready

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 201 total)
Reply To: Reply #75639 in Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.
Your information: