Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.

This topic contains 91 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Tomas (Tomas) 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75609 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Tesla model 3 is coming to the UK in early May, exact costs have not yet been released but will be within Motabilities guidlines for an auto.

By all accounts it is a very very good car so why shouldn`t we be able to get one?

If interested why not contact Motability and ask the question, i will be.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75613 Reply
    Trev

Looking at this report across the pond, I would imagine the Tesla will come above the insurance group cap of 29 Brydo.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/23278/report-tesla-model-3-insurance-approaches-porsche-911-costs

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#75614 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Trev i have never looked at insurance costs for Tesla cars, just assumed they would be similar to other cars in the same price range. If this is the case world wide why are so many being sold, makes little sense.

#75616 Reply
    Trev

People will pay a premium for a brand, I see the model s is group 50, the highest it goes!

#75617 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

just got a quote based on my details with 0 years no claims bonus.

So not too bad i dont think.

#75619 Reply
    Trev

By God Brydo, i done same quote, same options, same company…..

#75620 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

model 3 or model s trev?

#75622 Reply
    Trev

Model 3 Brydo –

With squeeky clean licence, 8,000 miles a year, and parked on driveway which i don’t have lol

#75624 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I cant understand that Trev i put in 10,000 miles and parked on my drive, social and domestic, one driver.

#75625 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

#75626 Reply
    Trev

Can only be address, although we have zero crime here… also notice my compulsory excess is £50 higher!

#75628 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Can someone else try this as if insurances are going to be as high as Trevs there is no chance of it being on the scheme.

#75630 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Trev I also put myself down as retired.

#75631 Reply
    Philjb

Buddy I entered my details London postcode left on driver, sap and commuting , 8,000 mpy.

£1225.23 for 12 months I payment.

Not bad really for such an expensive car. ??

#75632 Reply
    Philjb

Should have said over 35 years no claims. Clean license and kept at home on the drive.

Own 2 other cars in the family.

#75633 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Phil I see no reason why this, and others coming out this year, should not be on the scheme. I read somewhere that by the end of the year EVs will make up 10% of the total U.K. car market sales. Can motability still only have a handful of phevs and a couple of BEVs when 1 in 10 cars are EVs

#75635 Reply
    Philjb

Tbh though however clever, cheap to run and rapid it is, the boot still isn’t big enough or the ride / seat hight any good for my disability.

So I still wouldn’t choose it. Over what we got.

But I agree there should be a part off the scheme for electric vehicles.

Ours does an actual 550-600 miles between fill ups too.

#75636 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Phil this car is similar in size to the bmw 3 series so it would be suitable for others with different disabilities I am sure.

The big missing link in the Bev story so far is the lack of affordable SUVs. SUVs are the most popular type of car on the road just now and I reckon it will be a couple of years before there is much choice.

#75638 Reply
    Philjb

Exactly and not something I ever though would be what I need and found repulsive until I needed one.

If I’m a passenger in my daughters Mini Cooper s, which I loved to drive. I need two days for my joints to get over it. Lol

same with my sons bmw I series. M sport.

Ive owned Audi Quattro estates rs4 and 6 not that long ago and I’d never get comfy now in the bucket seats.

It’s a horrible feeling getting your disability worse and knowing there’s nothing can be done. So slow and comfy suits me fine.

One day I’m sure there will be an affordable suv for us disabled folk.

The problem for me is seat design my back doesn’t fit or suit anything but well padded comfort seats. With head rests that adjust forward as well as up.

Not many makes on the scheme do that? And motability weren’t interested in helping either?

#75639 Reply
    Philjb

I meant an electric suv under  say £50,000

#75640 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Phil there are SUVs and there are SUVs, the Kia e nero is a good small BEV SUV but it is smallish, once most of the main stream large SUVs are on the scheme then i will be happy.

#75641 Reply
    Philjb

Agreed but they need to be reliable and have good ranges that match the best.

The idea of waiting around to charge if I visit my daughter in York and my son about 10 miles from Norwich to be late for babysitting duties. ?

#75642 Reply
    Shawn
    Shawn
    Blocked

I have noticed that I get different quotes if I put the cars registration in vs just putting the car’s details in. The car’s registration method is usually cheaper. I will have a look when it gets light.?

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

#75653 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

The mini cooper s automatic is ins 29 and thats on the scheme?

#75671 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Its widely accepted that Tesla make the best BEVs on the market, but are they too good for us? The price of the model 3 is within motability price guidelines, they are available in the UK from next week, they, as all BEVs, are automatic, they are admired by many as in the same group as BMW, Mercs, Audi etc.

It is highly unlikely that Tesla would give Motability the discount they would want, so will motability give its customers the oppertunity to have one of THE most talked about cars this decade?

#75681 Reply
    mzmps
    Participant

I will try the insurance quote tomorrow.

But to be honest, there are plenty of cars, which are not in high insurance groups, or over the price cap, such as: Hyundai Kona, Kia Niro. Hyundai i30. I name these as just started looking at possibly joining Motability.

Did go on the Kia site the other day, knowing that prices, availability and other things can be different on manufacturers site, to Motability search criteria. It showed the plug-in Niro as being available, though cannot recall how much it said, the listing is now down.

A hybrid, would be of interest to me, as not always travelling that far, yet can end up miles from anywhere, so pure electric choices do not offer enough range, well in what can afford anyway. So new RAV4 is of interest, otherwise be petrol I think.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
Reply To: Ask Motability when the Tesla 3 is coming on the scheme.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: