Ask gotitjulie

• Creator
    Topic
  • #130249 Reply
    Brydo

Julie I’m sorry if I’ve put you in it here but you have so much practical knowledge and experience of EVs  that you seem the perfect person to answer any related questions.

Once again I apologise if this puts you on the spot and if you are not up for it, and why should you be😂, wmc can remove the thread completely.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130251 Reply
    Brydo

This was meant for the main forum sorry wmc 👍

#130273 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

wmc, Brydo wants to be the main go to EV bod, & I think he’s the best person for the job….

#130277 Reply
    Brydo

Julie you have the practical knowledge that I don’t but of course it was cheeky of me to suggest it but I genuinely feel you have a ton of practical info that would help the many wanting to go EV 👍

#130292 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Julie, Brydo is as they say ‘all talk and no trousers’ Long time advocate of electric vehicles but hangs onto his diesel X60 for an extra two years then replaces it with a petrol XC40. As they say in Parliamentary parlance he is a Minister without portfolio. But he is a dear (virtual) friend and someone who takes a joke well.

#130298 Reply
    Brydo

Unfortunately it’s my wife who is the motability customer wmc otherwise I would be sitting in an ev as we speak. Not only for the benefit of the environment but it would be saving me a lot of ££££££.

#130300 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@brydo, I know. I was perhaps a little cruel. I do apologise.

#130304 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’ve always found the you-tube channel run by Robert Llewellyn called “fullychargedshow” a good place for down to Earth information on EV’s.

Lots of test drives on UK models and being everything electric he has a visit to a building site where they were fitting solar panels to a roof of a new build where the panels were actually roofing tiles and is a brilliant invention and well worth a visit just for that. He also does a bit on having a Tesla Powerwall battery installed in your home.

#130305 Reply
    Brydo

No apology necessary @wmcforum as you know I love a bit of banter.

Getting back to the thread Julie has loads of first hand experience and other tech info so it would be great for her to take this on.

I’m not going anywhere so I will continue to do what I do.

We can’t have too many EV contributes but it would be great to get the knowledge of those living day to day with an EV.

#130307 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I’ve always found the you-tube channel run by Robert Llewellyn called “fullychargedshow” a good place for down to Earth information on EV’s. Lots of test drives on UK models and being everything electric he has a visit to a building site where they were fitting solar panels to a roof of a new build where the panels were actually roofing tiles and is a brilliant invention and well worth a visit just for that. He also does a bit on having a Tesla Powerwall battery installed in your home.

Robert’s lovely but sometimes gets things mixed-up but in doing so keeps us entertained, Bjorn Nyland is the go-to youtube EV walking encyclopedia & he tests EVs far better than the mainstream motoring media ever will, but be careful watching his livestreams as Norway’s scenery is addictively beautiful & you’ll end up headed there in an EV.

There’s a great EV forum where people tend to get together to work things out, there being some real enthusiasts & people within the EV industry there, https://www.speakev.com/forums/

#130308 Reply
    Carl

Who arranges the EV home charger insulation?  I spoke to the Nissan dealer the other day who said that mobility arrange the charger insulation, I always thought it was the dealership who sorted this out.

#130310 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Who arranges the EV home charger insulation? I spoke to the Nissan dealer the other day who said that mobility arrange the charger insulation, I always thought it was the dealership who sorted this out.

Motability hand over your details to BP Chargemaster who then contact you.

Do bear in mind that the Chargemaster wallbox is fairly dumb so you’d need another component to give you the clever bit of charging on an Agile tariff. You can use a Chargemaster non-tethered box with a type 2 OHME charger (OHME cable length is 5 metres).

#130312 Reply
    Brydo

Now that’s what I’m talking about.

Thank you Julie your a star.

#130323 Reply
    Martinod

Should I wind everyone up , I’d love and Ev

but who cares about the environment (hope my children don’t see this )

I’d really really really love an EV with good range and I want heated seats for my joints because I’m old don’t think they have heated seats

I’m also holding on to my 65 xc60 awd and I did look at the XC40 I was hopping the XC40 ev would be on , it seems to be lots of suv cars get about 25/30 mpg  now

I want a big car getting lots of mpg and be electrical and a small AP

#130336 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

In an ideal world electric cars  would be amazing, however those rent a bike scheme’s the bikes  get vandalised and dumped, the charging Phone points in McDS got broken, cash points and pay stations ruined with curry, pies, sick what’s going to be different with charging points for cars..

#130349 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Who arranges the EV home charger insulation? I spoke to the Nissan dealer the other day who said that mobility arrange the charger insulation, I always thought it was the dealership who sorted this out.

Motability hand over your details to BP Chargemaster who then contact you. Do bear in mind that the Chargemaster wallbox is fairly dumb so you’d need another component to give you the clever bit of charging on an Agile tariff. You can use a Chargemaster non-tethered box with a type 2 OHME charger (OHME cable length is 5 metres).

Hi Julie

Do you get the option of a tethered or none tethered box when they contact you. Im still waiting for the call but would be handy to know prior which you would suggest is best and where to get the cables from.

Thanks

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#130393 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Hi Julie Do you get the option of a tethered or none tethered box when they contact you. Im still waiting for the call but would be handy to know prior which you would suggest is best and where to get the cables from. Thanks

Yes indeed, the tethered Chargemaster is also 5 metres which is their cheap offering, no options for longer cables, simply the cheapest they could do for Motability & like it or lump it. The non-tethered will therefore be your only legit option through Motability if you need a longer cable. Check the length of the cable that comes with the car, the Peugeot has a 6 metre type 2 to type 2. Also you can use an OHME charger instead of a simple type 2 to type 2 cable.

I got a 10 metre type 2 to type 2 cable from evcables.co.uk, excellent quality.

#130396 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Julie how many miles are you getting on a full charge ? In my case it would be an over night charge

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#130397 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Julie how many miles are you getting on a full charge ? In my case it would be an over night charge

Thanks Julie, Feel much better now knowing a little before i delve deep into it once things re open.

in my spare time

#130398 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Sorry wrong quote added, meant for Julie lol

in my spare time

#130469 Reply
    Brydo

Julie as I got you this gig I think we should talk money. As your unofficial agent I think 15% is reasonable 😂

#130470 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

You won’t get far on a 15% charge Brydo…

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#130471 Reply
    Brydo

Very sharp Abercol lol.

#130477 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

This is highly variable, but we had a cheat sheet for my car….

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/showroom/new-e2008-SUV/

Scroll down to the “CALCULATE THE RANGE OF YOUR ALL-NEW e-2008 SUV” section

Not sure it works anymore (much like the MyPeugeot app doesn’t work either).

#130488 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Julie as I got you this gig I think we should talk money. As your unofficial agent I think 15% is reasonable 😂

15% of the plunge price on Agile?

Anyway, keep putting up you referal code on these threads, I’ve deliberately not done so as I’m already a well established bloated plutocrat & believe others should be allowed a chance to trough.

#130489 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

In an ideal world electric cars would be amazing, however those rent a bike scheme’s the bikes get vandalised and dumped, the charging Phone points in McDS got broken, cash points and pay stations ruined with curry, pies, sick what’s going to be different with charging points for cars..

I believe the current game is played at the Scotch Corner chargers, the local kids wait until you turn away then press the big red button on the charger. Some of these kids even press the big red button whilst you’re watching.

At the Cobham Services Ionity chargers, people have been cleaning the chargers & CCS heads to ward off C19, & at the Ashington BP rapids there are attached boxes full of clear plastic gloves to use to again ward off C19.

Different behaviours for different parts of the country I guess.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: Ask gotitjulie
Your information: