Are you putting your xmas decorations up early?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #129426 Reply
    Brydo

Lots of people are putting their Xmas decorations up early to try and cheer themselves up. This COVID nightmare has left a lot of people feeling depressed, Xmas decorations are going up early all over the world will you be one of them?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129432 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Bah Humbug! All those people burning the electricity with those lights whilst I’m trying to charge the car at high cost electricity rate (zero).

Ms E.Scrooge

Whose house is lit up bright tonight.

#129439 Reply
    ajn

Must admit to enjoying xmas as a kid, and as ours grew up, still do really family time I guess, gothitjulie that seems a boring outlook Most lights LED now, however some of those outdoor lights are just stupid.

#130500 Reply
    Brydo

Well guys I’ve succumbed to the pressure and the decorations are going up this weekend. Two hours of my life I won’t get back.

#130505 Reply
    Martinod

Four of my neighbours have just put them up

#130506 Reply
    Brydo

Anything for a quite life ๐Ÿ˜‚

#130565 Reply
    Georgie

Neighbours smothered the outside of their houses over the weekend.ย  We don’t decorate the outside, but the indoor decos and the tree get done 7 days before Christmas.

#130588 Reply
    Tharg

With Georgie on this one… Seven days before, no sooner. Madam T, being of the Wiccan persuasion, says the ancient pagan festival has certain rules which must be followed.ย  Dunno what they are, suspect neither does she. But order of day is “shut mouth. Do as told” if one want to avoid belt on head with broomstick.

#130598 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

no longer have any xmas decs, certainly dont do the rediculous outdoor stuff.

the new neighbours have begun putting lights in windows etc but no one seems to be going mad.

#130607 Reply
    Georgie

My Baptist sister goes full bore at Christmas.ย  The tasteful wreath on the front door the house belies the wonders within – not so much an ‘explosion in a tinsel factory’ as a tinsel factory that exploded within a Hindu Temple that had already been decorated by a group of lunatic gold smiths whacked out of their heads on LSD.

On the other hand, our Xmas tree is frightfully irreligious, I’m afraid.ย  Instead of the traditional Star/Angel/Fairy at the top of the tree we have a honey bee.ย  Other decorations amongst the usual tinsel, beads and baubles include Bagpus, a black cat, a white seal pup, a silver fish, a gold fish, a seahorse and a Radiant Sun.ย  All things that hold particular ‘meaning’ to us (for various reasons that I won’t go in to).

#130622 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Kids all grown up and left home apart from my 30yr old Autistic son so no Christmas tree or decorations.

The only thing we hang up is a Christmas stocking with a cat on it.ย  It’s a leftover from having cats for over 30yrs.ย  Sadly we lost the last two almost 3yrs ago but still put it up for them, we call it the “Catmas” stocking ๐Ÿ™‚

My daughter adopted 2 kittens a couple of months ago so this year it’s getting filled with Christmas treats for them, nice to see it getting used again ๐Ÿ™‚

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy ๐Ÿ™‚

#130643 Reply
    Georgie

Grew up with cats in the family, and since our cat died (almost 10 years ago) it’s been the longest I’ve ever been without a cat.ย  Health stuff meant we couldn’t get another cat, but there’s still a cat-shaped hole in the house so we’re going to have to do something about it sooner or later.

While I was Uni I spent 3 years sharing a static caravan with two friends and between six and eight cats.ย  It involved a heck of a lot of cleaning (24/7 access to the cat flap), but it was just how it was.ย  If the tech had been available back then we could have made a small fortune rigging the place up with cameras and live streaming on the interwebs.

#131002 Reply
    Brydo

Well guyโ€™s thatโ€™s them up ๐Ÿ‘

#131678 Reply
    Brydo

I know what your thinking, he should have been a foot model ๐Ÿ˜‚

#131903 Reply
    Unclebob
    Participant

My two disabled boys like to see the decoโ€™s up, so normally do them on the 1st Dec ….as they say ..you only need to do them once ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

#131905 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Its funny bob i hate putting them up but love taking them down lol.

Its funny how the place looks bare once thier back up in the loft.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#131909 Reply
    joss

There up. Tree is up and down due to catz swinging on it. We got a new one that is 3 foot tall and built in LED.

So when it goes over it’s just a matter of standing it back up. No babbles or anything else.

Joss
    ***๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#132064 Reply
    Georgie

A cat that’s 3 foot tall and built in lead?ย  ย I’m not surprised it brought the tree down.

#132107 Reply
    joss

๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‘€ Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Joss
    ***๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#132110 Reply
    Georgie

๐Ÿ˜€

#132155 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Ours was up around the 1st December, never had the tree up so early, usually week before Christmas and has been Christmas Eve before! Obviously bored and wanted something to do but now I keep looking at it and moving the decorations around ๐Ÿฅด

#132166 Reply
    Georgie

“now I keep looking at it and moving the decorations around”

I do that.ย  It drives DH crazy!ย  But it’s impossible to get it ‘right’ first time.ย  If I didn’t tweek things it would drive me crazy.

The new tree decoration for the tree this year is an iridescent purple and turquoise reindeer with a gilded, open fretwork body.ย  I like to add at least one new dangley each year.

#132180 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Sounds lovely Georgie, ย mineโ€™s very eclectic this year no set theme, I like adding new decs too, this year a new Angel but a Christmas Angel, she has a red cloak.

#132189 Reply
    Brydo

Georgie I don’t like to think about locations too much so put them in the same place every year. Some might call it OCD but in my case its just laziness.

#132236 Reply
    Georgie

You wouldn’t be a Capricorn, by any chance, Brydo?

#132238 Reply
    Brydo

Actually a Virgo Georgie.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Reply #129439 in Are you putting your xmas decorations up early?
Your information: