Are we likely to see any corona virus benefits relating to cars on scheme?

This topic contains 37 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Brydo 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #109910 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Many car manufacturers are shutting plants and stopping car production, is there likely to be any benefits to motability customers from this. Obviously the manufacturers are losing billions£ but will they raise prices or will they want as many cars sold as possible?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110489 Reply

Brydo

Maybe, to cheer us up, they will relax their rules and let some of the big hitters on the scheme. Then the question comes can anyone afford the high APs.

#110492 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Still alive then I see brydo 😉

#110506 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Yes vinalspin thanks for asking.

#110590 Reply

kelvin harris

Although Motability have eased a slight burden by extending some leases by six months, what about the good condition bonus? By rights this should reflect the difference between 3 and 4 year leases hence another £150.00 to be returned. Just a thought but let us wait and see what Motability come forward with as a get-out clause. Stay safe out there all.

#110608 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Although Motability have eased a slight burden by extending some leases by six months, what about the good condition bonus? By rights this should reflect the difference between 3 and 4 year leases hence another £150.00 to be returned. Just a thought but let us wait and see what Motability come forward with as a get-out clause. Stay safe out there all.

From the Motability website Covid 19 (Coronavirus) FAQ’s page:

What will happen with my Good Condition Bonus?

We are planning to pay the Good Condition Bonus on the original lease end date for your car. However, please bear with us as we work to make this process possible remotely. This may mean that your cheque may take a little longer than it otherwise would. Please do not contact us, unless it is at least two months after your Good Condition Bonus was due and you have still not received your cheque.

https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme-news/updates-from-the-motability-scheme-regarding-covid-19-coronavirus/

So, it appears you get your GCB at the end of your original lease.

Although if you are happy with your current car it maybe worth speaking with Motability before your original lease ends and extending the lease to 4 or 5 years. You will then get the increased GCB for the extra years.

#110646 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Some companies are going to come out of this well?

My Sister-in-Law because of her age is on the danger species list and has had the NHS letter so is home for 3 months, or is that 6, and because she lived in an age where a computer was thought of something like an abacus she hasn’t got a clue about the internet.

On her behalf every year I use my internet to search for the best deal for car insurance so all the details are hers but the email address is mine and a couple of days ago I had an email from her car insurance saying “were here if you need help” that got me thinking she is not going to need any help insurance wise but what would be good if they were to give a rebate for the months of insurance she has to pay for while the car is laid up and also, because the car is on the road it has to be taxed and insured even while going nowhere.

#110647 Reply

brydo

Chris I hear what you are saying but I would rather see people in work than getting a few hundred pounds in my bank. Keeping the economy a float at this time is more important, it would be great if we can restart life, in a few months time, just as we left it in January, with as many people working as possible.

I would happily pay more to achieve this.

#111280 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Some companies are going to come out of this well?

Just to revamp…

Some Insurance Companies Refunding Premiums For Customers Not Using Their Cars

…not in rip off Briton though.

#111281 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Chris, but Motability pay the insurance ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#111380 Reply

Mossfinn

I’m not sure if we on Motobility will see any benefits. However, in the short term, I think private buyers will benefit providing they take a stock car.

Early March, just before the shut down, I bought a Seat Arona for my partner and negotiated an Audi Q2 for my daughter. Both were new cars they had in stock and I got fantastic deals on them

when dealers re open, they will have new cars sitting there costing them and they are going to be looking for cash flow and turnover ASAP

#111382 Reply

mitch
    Participant

chrisk, you could sorn the car so long as you store it in a garage/private driveway and reduce the insurance.

but that means you wouldnt be able to use it at all.

#111788 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Are we likely to see any corona virus benefits relating to cars on scheme?

We will soon find out, most of the manufacturers are going back to work soon.

I am getting ready for some bargains, it might not be Q2 if these prices may have already been agreed but Q3 could be the cheapest quarter for a long time.

Wishful thinking, maybe.

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Are we likely to see any corona virus benefits relating to cars on scheme?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: