Are there glitches on the forum!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185811 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Haven’t got a clue how the site is run or it’s workings but just wonder if the delay in having none members post checked by admin before publishing causes a problem as I often see a new post awaiting moderation in a given thread and clicking it I get direct to the top of the page where the post will appear after approval.

Does that make sense? 🤷‍♂️

#185813 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Let me have a look into this.

#185816 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I think this may be fixed. Do you like my confidience?

#185817 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Haven’t got a clue how the site is run or it’s workings but just wonder if the delay in having none members post checked by admin before publishing causes a problem as I often see a new post awaiting moderation in a given thread and clicking it I get direct to the top of the page where the post will appear after approval. Does that make sense? 🤷‍♂️

Don’t think it was that @ChrisK because if the non members post was still under moderation I would not have been able to quote the post. Come to think about it, from memory it happened in the Kona thread a while back to, where I quoted a members post and it came up as if another member had said what I was quoting and was questioned on it at the time. Weird whatever is happening 🙂

#185818 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I love it wmc. keep up the good work.

#185820 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I think this may be fixed. Do you like my confidience?

mmmm let me think about 🙂

I will come back to you :-)……………………..

Nah a little over confidence there @wmcforum. Its still showing  not right 🙂

Should we blame it on ghosts 🙂

#185821 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

The “awaiting moderation” thing I get could of course be down to the browser I use (Opera) as I have a problem on another forum I often go to where it constantly asked me to agree to the forum rules and cookies even though I’m signed in to the forum and yet its OK with Edge and Chrome.

I think I will test this site out with Edge on the next “awaiting” post. 🤔

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by ChrisK.
    #185823 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I was using Edge this morning @ChrisK. What I don’t get is if it was awaiting moderation it would say so and would not have been able to quote the post.

#185824 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I’ve tried to fix the post Kezo but i may have made things worse. I won’t touch anything else. I believe it may not misbehave going forward which is the important thing.

#185828 Reply
    joss

I was using Edge this morning @ChrisK. What I don’t get is if it was awaiting moderation it would say so and would not have been able to quote the post.

Edge ! dear god  shake head. Get your self a decent browser like Fire fox

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185830 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Edge ! dear god shake head. Get your self a decent browser like Fire fox

My go to browser is Firefox or Vivaldi but my Mrs likes Edge and was using her laptop 🙂

#185831 Reply
    joss

@kezo did you take the red 🔴 or 🔵blue pill this morning ? Just wonder as your experiencing GliTches in the system.

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185832 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I’ve tried to fix the post Kezo but i may have made things worse. I won’t touch anything else. I believe it may not misbehave going forward which is the important thing.

No worries @wmc. Thanks for looking into it, agreed best not to mess too much and as you say going forward is more important.

#185833 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

@kezo did you take the red 🔴 or 🔵blue pill this morning ? Just wonder as your experiencing GliTches in the system.

Both and a whole lot more 🙂

#185849 Reply
    Jojoe

Firefox for desktop safari or Duckduckgo on my phone, Duck is a great browser as you don’t get chased around the web with adverts based on your searches.

#185876 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Firefox for desktop safari or Duckduckgo on my phone, Duck is a great browser as you don’t get chased around the web with adverts based on your searches.

Have always used Android phones as they are better for remote monitoring insulations when I was working plus easier to sideload APK’s on  so can’t comment on Safari. ?Other than That Firefox or Edge depending what laptop I’m on and Vivaldi mainly for streaming when I used a VPN but since cancelled when I switched to Sky superfast which is crap the majority of time buffering and keeps loosing connection. Thankfully only a couple or so months left.

#185878 Reply
    joss

If you want a good ISP try Zen internet.

Joss

#185913 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

If you want a good ISP try Zen internet.

Morning @joss, Isn’t Zen copper via Openreach? I want to go back to fibre and Openreach have not got FTTC let alone FTTP in my area yet.

#185925 Reply
    joss

Morning @Kezo

Zen operates one of the largest independent data networks in the UK. But size isn’t everything. We have recently invested significantly to give you better performance, better resilience and a network that operates without limits or restrictions. In a word, Zen now runs one of the most advanced networks in Europe.

Zen’s own network now covers over 500,000 UK postcodes right across the country. Where do you live Kezo?

Joss

#185932 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Neath South Wales

#185934 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

I have had a couple of occasions where I have submitted a post and it has just disappeared – I assumed it was my error – and maybe it is, but I have no idea what I may be doing wrong – if I have a long post now I copy it before I post – on at leat one occasion it has payed off.

I have read thru – the – how to section.

#185936 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I have had a couple of occasions where I have submitted a post and it has just disappeared – I assumed it was my error – and maybe it is, but I have no idea what I may be doing wrong – if I have a long post now I copy it before I post – on at leat one occasion it has payed off. I have read thru – the – how to section.

Do you find it logs you out and you get an error! are you sure you want to do this  message where you expected you post to be.

#185940 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Not totally sure I understand what you mean – but I always  heck that I am logged in and mostly tick box to stay logged in – I thought perhaps my stubby digits were hitting something else at the same time – so I started being much more careful when submitting post but still have had the same disappearance – just left with blank screen as if starting again – I even checked my settings in case there was something there that would randomly cause the effect.</p>
    it maybe just me and my clumsy fingers.  Like I said if it is a long post I copy it – just in case.

I have often had notices to say new post – I go to look and it is waiting to be moderated and often sometime later just goes.

I have logged out and back in again as well as switching phone off and on and I always keep software up to date – ie latest IOS etc.

not really a problem – just woul be of interest to know – and yes I have copied this 😂👍

#185967 Reply
    joss

@Tillyman

Hi Sometimes posts disappear, and more often than not, it is user error. However. Sometimes post just don’t make it through for what ever reason. We will keep and eye out for such issues of course. @wmc forum will look into this.

In the mean while Tillyman your good practise of saving your post, before hitting submit button. Should it happen again then please email enquiries@whichmobilitycar.com providing as much info as possible.

Joss

#186028 Reply
    Tillyman
    Participant

Hi Joss

Think I may have understood what I was doing wrong – if you have a large amount of text and you post – submit turns blue and can stay blue for a few seconds, which can seem a while if you are moving to look at news new app etc – I think if you effectively move from forum before submit has turned back to black, that is when post is lost – hopefully it can be a software fix that stops movement until post turns black – or simply just a prompt – please wait until submit has saved and turned black – I maybe way off the mark but I think a distinct possibility.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Are there glitches on the forum!
Your information: