April 2021 Benefits to rise by 0.5% – effect on Motability Scheme???

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by rox.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #127600 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Bearing in mind that next Aprils benefit rises depend on the previous September’s CPI rate, it has just been announced that September 2020’s CPI rate was 0.5%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54626729

This means your WPMS/AFIP/DLA/PIP will only rise by 0.5% from April 2021.

So, AFIP/PIP/DLA Mobility rises from 62.25 to £52.56

WPMS from £69.50 to £69.84

I can only see this as having a negative effect on Motability advance payments as it is not keeping up with ‘real inflation, particularly new vehicles. Or more people will be applying for grant assistance!

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by BigDave.
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127611 Reply
    simpleman

62.25 to 52.56 is not a rise i would like. But at the end of the day its all …..

#127619 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@bigdave The fact they are using CPI and not RPI is a discrace, was it not one of the changes Cameron made before Nick Clegg realised he could get involved.
    It is only going one way, did I read the average cost of a new car has increased by 38% over the last decade? The only reason we are still here is the fact second hand values are holding up well, the minute these drop we are doomed. Doomed i’ll tell ye.

#127620 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Apparently one of the reasons given for such a low inflation rate was the half price meals in August in the governments great giveaway and wonder just how many disabled folk benefited from that while being told to say at home.

So looks like the half price meals was very well thought out and can’t help thinking it was all engineered in. Looks like Sunak is smarter than your average Bear and its no wonder there saying he will make a good PM.🤷‍♂️

No allowance for the increase cost of toilet paper in March or the fact we now have to buy masks if we want to go outside.

#127629 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

@bigdave The fact they are using CPI and not RPI is a discrace, was it not one of the changes Cameron made before Nick Clegg realised he could get involved. It is only going one way, did I read the average cost of a new car has increased by 38% over the last decade? The only reason we are still here is the fact second hand values are holding up well, the minute these drop we are doomed. Doomed i’ll tell ye.

I totally agree with you wmc.

It was Gideon Osborne as Chancellor back in circa 2010 who changed benefit rises from RPI to the (lower) CPI. Thus, over the last 10 years CPI has fallen further and further behind real inflation. Now with this 0.5% rise next April, I foresee real problems ahead.

For example, if a Euro deal is not done and tariffs are imposed on imports from January 2021 etc and the value of the pound drops (as expected if there is ‘no deal’), it means prices next year will forge ahead.
    Then, it will take until April 2022 for benefits to rise again (based on Sept 2021’s CPI rate) so people will have to struggle by until any benefit increase works its way through for the poorest in April 2022.

As regards Motability, as you say if it were not for the used car market holding up……..

#127645 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Yep plus most are not taking into account the creation of more free money, it all comes with a cost attached and politics is a scam an age old one.. Pretty much like this covid real or not it’s being used as a springboard. The other side just pull away and let it happen so they can then take the healm for a bit for the same masters. Two blades of the same sword.. What ever they say the opposite happens and nothing ever gets better, it only gets worse, at first they dangle a carrot , then they reduce the size of the carrot and then they use restrictions ie the stick…

0.5% rise for us but MPs could receive a pay rise of over £3,000 a year from next April under new proposals from the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority. People need to wake up..

Saw and intresting video today in it was a speech

https://youtu.be/MJn9zdA78u8

From the leader of the The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny, Geneva Canton, Switzerland, is an international NGO, founded in 1971. The WEF’s mission is cited as “committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas”. which right now means 2030. The new normal, build back stronger etc etc..

uk agenda 2030 read it here and then tell me i am wrong about what is going on.. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/agenda-2030-delivering-the-global-goals

which is a sub plan into UN agenda 21/30 https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/post2015/transformingourworld

And this is why everything is happening to bring the gap between us and the 3rd world closer we need to come down not them go up to our level..

#127682 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

ChrisK, the half price scheme is also contributing to the rise in Covid cases. Not exactly worked very well has it with cities going into Tier 3. It seems like he’s engineered all of it, then waiting for the cases to rise. (Without trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist 😂).

#127687 Reply
    rox
    Participant

yep was talking to a friend today who lives in preston and i have not been able to visit him since summer hols as no visitors are allowed inside a house in that area.. but back then it had 30 cases per 100k and now say it’s risen to 600 per 100k sounds like a huge rise yes.

So lets do the math and divide them 30/100,000=0.0003 and 600/100,000=0.006.

also the r rate if below 1 means no one is infecting anyone as you cannot infect less than a whole person..

Then there was a head of a council in tone of the area’s of manchester he was talking about the icu’s and how this time of the year cases rise and in his area there 8 covid patients in icu of 16 beds and in another area there 200 icu beds and 16 covid cases taking up the beds. So the figures are being miss-quoted and used because the beds are full and it’s normal that. it’s because the nhs is not got the beds as we told every year when flu season comes along.. years and years of neglect.. There is more to this that what they say and using the figures to try and scare ppl.. thats another age old tactic.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: April 2021 Benefits to rise by 0.5% – effect on Motability Scheme???
Your information: