Approval scheme launched for EV-savvy dealers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #76854 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

‘Electric Vehicle Approved’ dealers will offer expert EV advice to buyers; Government-backed scheme aims to improve consumer confidence
    A new Government-backed accreditation scheme will give an official seal of approval to dealerships that are skilled at selling and servicing electric vehicles, with the aim of boosting consumer confidence in the EV market.

The Electric Vehicle Approved (EVA) scheme – which has been developed by the NFDA (National Franchised Dealers Association) and the Energy Saving Trust – aims to tackle uncertainty and poor advice, two issues that have been identified as key barriers to electric car ownership.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/106841/approval-scheme-launched-for-ev-savvy-dealers

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #76939 Reply

Shawn
    Participant

I have experience of this. I was interested in a Peugeot ion last year and the dealer could not tell me what the state of health was for the batteries I ended up saying look “I’ll come along with my diagnostic equipment and find out” I cannot believe that your garage cannot read the amp hour of that battery pack.

They eventually gave me the amp hours available and I was able to calculate the state of health myself and it turned out that the battery pack was at 72% which is just about end-of-life so I had to leave it.

But it comes to something when I know more than a dealer, a main dealer, selling a car then they do.

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

#76997 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Haha Shawn brilliant.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#77004 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Most dealers couldn’t change a wheel.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Approval scheme launched for EV-savvy dealers

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: