Appointed dealer (for servicing etc)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Russell 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #74868 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

I’ve asked this question to Motability and as yet am awaiting an answer, but thought I’d ask here in this wealth of knowledge as well.

I’m aware you can order from a dealer aways away but get it serviced etc locally (presumably having asked Motability to make your local choice the appointed dealer?). Though up until now I’ve never done so.

However, can a different make dealer become your appointed dealer? Those of us that live rurally don’t always have the breadth of choice others have.

Provided it was a Motability accredited dealer and they were using OEM parts and procedures etc, it’s not going to invalidate warranty or affect Motability’s resale etc.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #74872 Reply

JS (justsaying)

It may come down more to manufacturer rather than Motability allowing it, as The servicing schedule is linked to the manufacturers warranty, it has been known and allowed however I’m not sure if it was under the same manufacturer umbrella. Please let us know what Motability say.

#74873 Reply

wonky

Hi Bandit, dont know definite answer but can’t see how it matters where you have it serviced. With the modern 2 year service plan which is just an oil change, a monkey could do it!

Dont buy a used Motability vehicle thinking it’s been well serviced.

Regards, wonky

#74877 Reply

Russell

I would of thought you need to go to  a dealer for the same make as sometimes they have to do diagnostic work through the OBD port and say you have a ford and you go to say a seat dealers, they may not have the information needed in their diagnostic equipment, same as any recalls or updates. it will most likely have to go to the main dealer of your cars make.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Appointed dealer (for servicing etc)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: