Apple play or Android in cars.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #46660 Reply
    britishbulldog
    Participant

As you all probably know 95% of car manufacturers Apple/Android play is now standard,I’ve got it in my Tig do you think its worthwhile and use it or just another gimmick .

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #46688 Reply
    POPS

I don’t have either system. I use a USB 64 gb with literally thousands of my favourite tunes stored in alphabetical artist and genre order. Each tune has it’s own album art header which displays on a 9″ split screen while it’s playing. I have a 12 speaker Harman Kardon hi fi so the sound is superb, and the cover art  makes it a colourful visual experience as well.

#46693 Reply
    lauryloo
    Participant

i am awaiting a new skoda fabia (purchased car) and i am really looking forward to getting the apple car play in it. I do listen to music quite a bit in my car so for me its an essential.

we are considering the tiguan as a mobility car for our daughter as she is due one on her 3rd birthday in a few months.

#46733 Reply
    Trev

i used android play in my car just the other day, had it 2 years but not used it before. Only reason i used it recently is i needed to go to a new place and my sat nav didn’t recognise it, so plugged in the mobile and used google maps – certainly got me out of a hole….. but not used it again since, prefer the cars systems and will continue to use android play as a back up for the sat nav. I know it does more, but happy with my absolute radio on dab for music.

#46735 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

The radio in our Skoda Octavia is one of these new fangled dab thingies and don’t work, I cant get any radio stations to work, bring back the old fashioned valve ones i could work those.

I listen to some music (Mainly Status Quo) on an SD card which inserts into a little slot in the glove box, so I don’t need the radio really!!

lightbodyae55

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by lightbodyae55. Reason: spelling mistake
    #46743 Reply
    Trev

That is more than likely due to being no reception where you live lightbodyae55, we had to get rid of our ‘in-house’ dab radio as we can’t get a reception in the kitchen where it was used in our previous home.

The dab we have in the seat leon, if it goes through a black spot for more than about 10 secs it switches to the stations fm band if available. Saying that the dab antenna on mine is integrated in to the rear window and as such the manual states not to place stickers on the window as it could affect the signal.

To be honest i love the dab quality, we got an amazon echo in the house now because we can’t have dab, and that’s a complete game changer…. the seat leon should have amazon echo built to their new cars soon, if not already doing so… will need a data sim, but will be well worth it.

#46749 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

OK i will ask the question “What is Amazon Echo?”

Is it one of those things that is advertised on tv where someone asks a speaker thingy some silly question and it answers it? Why would someone want something like that?

All these new fangled gadgets bring back the old fashioned systems!!!

lightbodyae55

#46772 Reply
    Trev

Yep, that’s the one lightbodyae55 lol

I can ask it to play a song and it does, i can create a playlist and ask it to play that and it will. That’s mainly what we use it for… but there’s lots more, from telling me jokes, to the weather, i can ask it to add items to a shopping list which i can then access on my phone… ok, it can be overkill…. oh and also when we need the lights on we simply ask it to turn them on, dim them down, or turn them off…. haven’t touched a light switch in ages!

Ok as i’m typing this i can feel your opinion of my plummet so i’ll finish there lol

#46775 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

So its one of those gadgets that make people lazy!!

lightbodyae55

#46780 Reply
    Mike

Apple car play in my brand new Golf is fantastic linked to my iPhone 5c the voice in a Golf reads my texts what’s app etc can get weather etc but alas no photo of carol kirkwood

#46795 Reply
    Trev

lightbodyae55, it doesn’t help with the diet lol

#46818 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Dosen’t it go to the kitchen and make your meals then, well just shows how useless it is !! hahaha lol

lightbodyae55

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Apple play or Android in cars.
Your information: