Anyone watching Star Trek: Discovery final season?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

I’m a big Star Trek fan in general and have watched all the offshoots from the original and was waiting for the final season of “Discovery” with anticipation.

I can’t tell you how disappointed I am with the first 6 episodes. I was expecting the final season to be full of excitement, battles and new tech but no none of that just a scavenger hunt with a series of clues to the next clue, pretty boring .

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rich44
      Participant

I have been and always will be a HUGE fan of anything Trek (see what I did there lol). Have to agree it’s like watching a 3 hour film that’s 2 hours build up. I’m hoping the pay of will be epic seeing how many tears it’s been sat there for, nice to see another Picard name drop.

I suspect this is at least partly to do with all the whiners that it’s the end of life in the galaxy every season big bad waaah. So they’ve gone more SNW with the build up and now that’s not acceptable either ironic given the way SNW left off last season.

I generally prefer to be a fan that just forgets how miserable I am for 45 mins a week and just lap up whatevers offered vs some fans who want to micro analyse every last hair on someone’s head I’m not suggesting that’s you just there are soooo many who go on and on and on.

On the plus side it has made time for interesting character movement seeing the redemption of Rayner and seeing the corners slowly get knocked off the old git, seeing Tilly show that she has the makings of captain in our universe. You can see prior to the burn how he would likely not made captain with his attitude.

I dunno even when the episode ain’t that good there’s something about Discovery that has those little moments of the best of DS9 and TNG. It was certainly a great herald for reviving trek.

It’s just a shame that as usual the people at the top scrw up the money and all our shows suffer and get axed.

The sacking of Lower Decks us quite frankly a crime against Humanity imho.

I’m just hoping that all these cancellations are to pay for Star Trek Legacy with Terry Matalas as showrunner.

I also love the throwaway line in Dr Who when Star Trek is mentioned the Dr says “must go visit them.” Anything to do with folk tales, salt at the edge of the universe I wonder. It is established that Dr who and Trek canexistin the same universe so could be exciting in future.

I still get Goosebumps watching the outtro for Picard Season 3

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.