Anyone painted the outside of their house?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

I’m looking to paint the outside of my house this summer. I will need some temporary scaffolding and possibly a professional paint spray. I will be doing a trial area on my roughcast between me and my neighbour to see just how difficult it will be.

I can’t remember if I’ve posted about this before, somethings telling me I have, so if I have I apologize.

I am looking at using Emperor Paint, a sort of white but not bright white. The roughcast needs to have a softwash prior to paint being applied. This is to remove any moss etc attached to the wall.

Has anyone any experience if this type of work? If so any advice will be appreciated.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

A deep pile shaggy roller or a masonary paint brush!

If you spray it, even in the gentlest of breez, you run the risk of the fine paint droplets going everywhere.

Brydo
        Participant

I think that’s the way to go Kezo but it’s so much easier to spray than roller or brush.
          This job has taken a bit more urgency as I need to use the garage roof for the side wall and I need to paint before we get solar panels fitted as once fitted I will have little access from this roof so I would need to get scaffolders in at a lot of expense.

kezo
          Participant

It won’t take long with a deep piled roller and brush! Also depending on your wall, you may need a fungicidal wash.

All done in the afternoon ready for tea 😂

Brydo
            Participant

Kezo I think the softwash has that included. Only the wall I’m trialling will need it as the rest are all fine.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.