Anyone owning BMW 3 series

• Creator
    Topic
  • #136649 Reply
    Vlad

hi does anyone own 3 series is n sport?

Mine is due to be here 5 February after looooon long time waiting

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #136661 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Honestly Vlad it is well worth the wait.

#136673 Reply
    Vlad

I know its worth I ordered mine in 24 Jun 2020 they messed order it came on 30th of September with idrive 6 and it supposted come with idrive7

#136675 Reply
    Matthew

Could you please explain the difference between the two … and does the drive 7 display look different from the 6 ??

#136697 Reply
    Vlad

So the idrive 6 is old operating system which is not allowing you to operate the car with voice and many more function.which idrive7 allowing you to talk to your car and many more

#136703 Reply
    Matthew

Ok cheers …. sorry to be a pain but the display on the 8.8” screen is that the same as the one on the larger 10.25 “ .I know it’s analogue display behind the steering wheel and not the digital display .

#136708 Reply
    Rico

Personally I would of told them ok ill take idrive 6 but I want new alloys and msport kit fitted lol

#136721 Reply
    Vlad

Rico I don’t think they would agree lol …but the idrive 6 didn’t even had ambient lighting I think

#136956 Reply
    A Ali

Picked up my new BMW 320i Last week it is an awesome car ordered it mid August . But we’ll worth the wait. So much tech love it 😀

#136963 Reply
    Rico

I would of probably been ordering a hybrid mini if it was not for the silly season on extras that bmw and mini charge, 5 years ago you used to get 18% discount on extras. Now it’s 0% cars are dropping spec, I might wait until after my light touch review for pip next year this time round as I worked out with the addons I always add and what the ap ends up being (meaning I have to save more) I might be better off buying a used 5 series hybrid as the money I would be paying away for ap and what motability take would cover the monthly payments insurance and bmw warranty over 3 years (as approved used comes with 1) and that of course includes breakdown cover. So for me at least motability is not looking like such an attractive option no more.

#137007 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@A Ali, glad you love the car. It surprised me too just how much comes as standard on the 320i.

Despite what the BMW haters say, I still feel it’s a bargain on the scheme.

#137019 Reply
    PS

Hi all. I agree with Elliot. The 3 series has a lot to offer for the price and there is a reason why the saloon is no longer on the scheme as it proved to be a popular car I think. Some of the standard features on the 3 series include: Lane keeping assist, standard LED lights, full leather seats, 8.8 digital infotainment screen with build in WiFi ( this means that’s apps like Spotify do not require your mobile data roaming), very spacious family saloon, 18 inch alloys, sports package and seats, led Fog lights, rear wheel drive ( albeit not so handy when snowing), ambient lighting all around in the cabin. A lot of gadgets included as standard. In my opinion the sports line looks like the F30 old m sports which was also a great car. Overall I can’t fault the 3 series in any way and the automatic 8 speed gearbox is amazing and smooth. Great car all around.

#137021 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Another feature I like is the software updates remotely via wifi. No need to drive to a dealership or download on to usb.

#137158 Reply
    JohnE

Too bad its only the 318 on the scheme now. I’m ready to order now and would have probably gone for the 320. Not too sure about the 318 though. Think I wait for the next price list to see if it comes back.

#137165 Reply
    Matthew

A Ali have you got any pics of your new bmw

#137515 Reply
    Vlad

Yeah anyone got any pics?I would love to see some pictures

#137532 Reply
    A Ali

#137533 Reply
    A Ali

#137534 Reply
    Matthew

Looks great a Ali ..

#137566 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Excellent @A Ali. Looks like you’ve had a lot of snow there.

#137572 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

@Ali what’s it been like in the snow and ice? I remember the days when people with rwd bmw’s couldn’t get off there drives.

Current car VW Touran SEL

#137582 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I’ve been out in mine in the snow and ice and although it was a bit twitchy in the snow, it was nowhere near as bad as previous 3 series I’ve had.

#137584 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

ASC does a great job. It’s fun to turn it off though..

https://www.ppsl-bmw.sg/insights/Automatic-Stability-Control-ASC

#137597 Reply
    Matthew

You got any photos of the dash a Ali ?

#137683 Reply
    A Ali

#137684 Reply
    A Ali

Funny thing is that on the day of pickup from the dealership there was a  Terrible snow storm So didnt bother risking it . Went back the next day for collection . Wasnt to bad in the snow. The new 3 series  is  not as bad as I  thought it would be being a rear wheel drive car .absolutely love in the drive and all the tech especially the bmw reverse assist. Really good if you have a long driveway , basically steers and reverses it’s self

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
Reply To: Anyone owning BMW 3 series
Your information: