Anyone over 80 had the covid jab?

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by greycar.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #133083 Reply
    Brydo

I have 3 relatives over 80 none of them have been contacted about getting the jab. We live in Scotland but I’ve noticed over 80s getting it in England.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #133090 Reply
    Martinod

My neighbour is over 80 he said the dr told him he’ll get the beginning of January

and I’m in Scotland

I think it’ll take a long time for everyone to get it

#133093 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I have no idea how many in the uk are over 80 but was hoping to see a much quicker roll out than it appears.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#133096 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

my sister and her husband signed up months ago for the govts volunteer scheme to deliver stuff to the vulnerable etc. they were contacted last week to see if they would volunteer to man covid vacination stations.

train to give jabs etc they had to fill out huge questionaires about any med/1st aid exp etc get a vetting check and attend an interveiw. they are completing online training and will have to attend a 2 day trg course.

so things are happening.

#133104 Reply
    Brydo

Mitch that’s handy, I’ll have an on line jab please 😂

Joking apart I would prefer my jab to be given by a nurse 👩‍⚕️

#133113 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

administering a vaceine jab is a bit of a waste of a nurse tbf, it aint rocket science.

plus to get 2 jabs to the entire population is going to be a serious undertaking. training people to administer a jab and recognise any adverse reactions isnt difficult nor does it require qualifications etc.

makes far more sense to have an army of jabbers supervised by a platoon of medics.

#133130 Reply
    greycar

My dad’s had one and a neighbour that I know of. It is a safe Tory seat and I will say no more.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Anyone over 80 had the covid jab?
Your information: