Anyone have news on the new BMW X1 joining the Scheme?

• This topic has 29 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by MickC.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Sunflower12
    Participant

Hi,

I just searched whether the new BMW X1 might come to Motability and there’s a message on Group 1 Auto BMW’s website that states the following-

Discover the New X1 on the Motability scheme
      The new New BMW X1 on Motability in October 2023 from £TBC Advance Payment. Explore the New BMW X1 Motability range, available engines and colours below. Insurance, MOT and servicing included with all new New BMW X1 Motability cars at Group 1 BMW. Choose your model now.

Anyone know whether the information is reliable? Or maybe it’s old news that didn’t materialise?

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      AKX
      Participant

Its funny that Kezo mentioned the BMW dealer was laughing at the thought of the X3 being on the scheme, when we’ve now had the i4, iX2, 3 series on the scheme, even dealers won’t know what’s coming next, BMW have been generous and we appreciate that. It is possible for an X3 to come on the scheme depending on sales.

Glos Guy
        Participant

Its funny that Kezo mentioned the BMW dealer was laughing at the thought of the X3 being on the scheme, when we’ve now had the i4, iX2, 3 series on the scheme, even dealers won’t know what’s coming next, BMW have been generous and we appreciate that. It is possible for an X3 to come on the scheme depending on sales.

It’s true that dealers don’t tend to know what’s coming on to the scheme until it happens (or maybe a day before) but, much as I’d like to see the X3 join the scheme, I just can’t see it happening. The i4 and iX2 are EVs and the 3 Series on the scheme recently was a PHEV. Manufacturers are struggling to meet their targets on these (as private buyers aren’t going for them) so they are relying heavily on fleet operators, hence why cars such as these are being offered to us, rather than the much cheaper petrol versions. It’s not about BMW being generous, it’s a commercial necessity for them. My local BMW dealer told me the other day that almost all the staff cars and demonstrators that they are ordering at present are EVs in order to help with the targets

If the X3 were to appear it would almost certainly be the PHEV and not the petrol versions. The new model PHEV starts at over £57k and the M-Sport over £59k which I think makes it too expensive for Motability. Of course, I hope that I am wrong as I’d be interested in one (although I’d prefer the standard petrol X3).

kezo
          Participant

The 4th gen X3 dash looks massive and pig ugly, so I no longer want one 🤣

Next year BMW will introduce the Neue Klasse as the next 3 series and x3 series. It will replace the current iX3 and be available in petrol, diesel, as well as PHEV. It will be way futureistic for me to consider, even if it came to the scheme!

MickC
            Participant

In other news Nigel Farage will never become Prime Minister either.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.