Anyone have news on the new BMW X1 joining the Scheme?

• This topic has 29 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by MickC.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Sunflower12
    Participant

Hi,

I just searched whether the new BMW X1 might come to Motability and there’s a message on Group 1 Auto BMW’s website that states the following-

Discover the New X1 on the Motability scheme
      The new New BMW X1 on Motability in October 2023 from £TBC Advance Payment. Explore the New BMW X1 Motability range, available engines and colours below. Insurance, MOT and servicing included with all new New BMW X1 Motability cars at Group 1 BMW. Choose your model now.

Anyone know whether the information is reliable? Or maybe it’s old news that didn’t materialise?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Skimask
      Spectator

Fone a dealer they tell ya

Sunflower12
        Participant

OK, will do, thank you.

wmcforum
          Which Mobility Car

There was no news on the BMW X1 joining the Scheme, the dealer website are putting the page up about the X1 just to get people to visit their site, to make contact with them and complete more sales. They even change the month to the present month to keep it up to date.

See this Cached search, clever stuff!

TomTom

No heard, but anything is possible since Jaguar and Volvo are joining shortly with Smart & Mercedes in discussions

So hopefully we see other brands joning too

ayzee

@tomtom jaguar? wonder what vehicles?

wmcforum
                Which Mobility Car

Fake news.

Anonymous

@tomtom jaguar? wonder what vehicles?

F-Pace

XE

E-PACE

December annoncement

Phil

Tomtom

Where have you heard that Jaguar are joining? I remember hearing this years ago and they’ve still yet to join the scheme.

kezo
                      Participant

I spoke with BMW UK during the last month asking on the likelyhood of the x1 or ix1 joining the scheme and was told there was no plans for the immediate future of them joining the scheme. They also said the order books remained full for the ix1 as demand was strong, along with a similar story for the x1. I also questioned about the x3 and I’m sure he spit his drink out laughing, saying its even more unlikely!

Phil

Can’t trust what anyone will say to you as most of these sales people don’t know themselves.

Jag would be a nice addition, but I just can’t see it happening tbh. Guess well see in December.

Elliot
                          Participant

Would Jaguar even be a worthwhile addition with their mainly outdated models.

Phil

Is the new shape X2 on the scheme or is it just the older touring version?

Adrian
                              Participant

I emailed the CEO of Jag. His name is Adrian so thought we’d have a connection. He didn’t reply, but if Jag do come on the scheme then I’ll take responsibility ?

Need a replacement to my XF.

"Come on BYD Seal!"
                                kezo
                                Participant

Is the new shape X2 on the scheme or is it just the older touring version?

Are you sure the x2 is on the scheme or are you talking about the Active Tourer, which is the new version?

Elliot
                                  Participant

The X2 is no longer on the scheme and a new model is due out soon. Looks totally different to the outgoing one.

ajn

Volvo ?someone mention Volvo

Phil

I had wondered if the new model x2 was coming to the scheme rather than just the X2 active tourer

Elliot
                                        Participant

I had wondered if the new model x2 was coming to the scheme rather than just the X2 active tourer

Maybe in the future but with it being a completely new model I can’t see that happening for quite a while.

TheSUVguy
                                          Participant

The x2 would be a great addition if it ever came on, the electric model starts at 56000, which isn’t much more than the q4 sport and as we know motability are pushing electric cars so you never know

solent60
                                            Participant

The X2 is no longer on the scheme and a new model is due out soon. Looks totally different to the outgoing one.

Yep, and I’m in agreement with the author… exceedingly ugly!

How Ugly Can You Make The 2024 BMW X2 Look?

Adrian
                                              Participant

BMW design is certainly “unique” at the moment. Plus getting rid of idrive means it’s a no from me.

Previous generation 335d on the other hand ?

"Come on BYD Seal!"
                                                Elliot
                                                Participant

Doesn’t help when the car in the picture is brown.

Brydo
                                                  Participant

IMHO most BMWs are pretty bland and some are down right ugly. Unfortunately the German brand is stuck in the past and, if their not careful, will be left far behind in race for EV market share.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                                                    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

cw
                                                    Participant

So Jaguar never came on, so TomTom was a jackanory 😄

Adrian
                                                      Participant

Nor Polestar from elsewhere. Wonder what motivates people to do these things, it’s like really mild anarchy.

"Come on BYD Seal!"
                                                      Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.