Any Ford dealers on here? Mach E question

• Creator
    Topic
    Bo
    Participant

I ordered a car a few days ago from my local dealer and wanted it in red with the tech pack, he took my order and a deposit but now tells me there are no red ones in the Ford compound they are only red ones at dealers that he can’t get them.

My question is how often does the stock at the compound get refreshed? Does the boat come every week, every month or is it just random? I don’t want to order a carbonise grey and two weeks later a red or grabber blue one comes in and it be too late because my carbonised Grey one is with my local dealer and in the same respect, I don’t wanna get to a week before my handover date and not have a car to change to.

I am also happy to travel if somebody has a rapid red or grabber blue with the tech pack (2023.75) in stock they can reserve for me.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks for any answers in advance

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Bo
      Participant

Thanks for the info. If they’re on auto trader they are already at dealers and therefore not available to me as that’s dealer stock. I can only have what’s available at the Ford main holding compound and there’s only two colour choices.

I know it’s madness, but apparently I can only order as a Motability customer from Ford main stock I guess Ford will consider them sold when they are at a Ford dealer

thanks

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Bo.
        kezo
        Participant

I know it’s madness, but apparently I can only order as a Motability customer from Ford main stock

Is it your dealer who has told your that or has it come from a more reliable source?

Bo
          Participant

Two different dealers have both told me when I’ve tried to order cars, they’ve told me there’s no factory orders. I can only pick from ford central stock so go on the website and pick the ones that are available in four weeks. Anything that’s available for one week is at a dealer and not available to me.

I found the dealer with the red one that I want. I might give them a ring just to be 100% certain.

But it very much looks like Ford has ran their stock down

DelToro
            Participant

I think I will probably settle for the black too. As you say non-metalic but it does look menacing.

Out of interest, do you have a list of the differences between the 2023 and 2023.75 versions other than the alloys? I think the old alloys look slightly better even though they’re 18 inch and the new ones are supposedly 19. I wish we could just pay a little extra and opt for the Premium.

Elliot
              Participant

It’s only the fact that it’s the select model that stops me ordering one of these.

I can’t understand why the premium doesn’t come on with a decent AP as it’s cheap enough.

DelToro
                Participant

I guess they have enough demand for the Premium. Who knows… Other than the bouncy ride, it would be the perfect car and trim to get using Motability if you don’t have any specific requirements.

Bo
                  Participant

Out of interest, do you have a list of the differences between the 2023 and 2023.75 versions other than the alloys? I think the old alloys look slightly better even though they’re 18 inch and the new ones are supposedly 19. I wish we could just pay a little extra and opt for the Premium.

As you said, the wheels. I prefer the style of the 18 inch but they really are too small for the car

The battery chemistry is slightly different. It’s only a little bit bigger in KWH but apparently gives an extra 20 miles of range

And the key with the 2023.75 model you get the Mustang key with the 2023 model you get the old style key which looks very much like a fiesta key so no tailgate opener no front boot opener on the key

Apparently, Motability have the price for the 2023.75 and a 2024 model set as the same but I’m not sure what the difference might be and when it will be released

DelToro
                    Participant

Thanks for the info!

DelToro
                      Participant

Bo, did you order one in the end? The 2024 model that you alluded to is showing up for dealers now with a 2 month delivery time frame but that’s retail and not Motability. Still no indication as to if, when and for how much they’d appear on Motability.

For your info, the differences are:

– Same battery as 2023.75 which is substantially heavier but fast charges slightly faster than 2023. Charges more slowly in colder weather though.

– Ford-made electric motor with almost 100Nm more torque than the previous motor on the 2023 and 2023.75 ones. 0-60 is greatly improved. 5.6 seconds off the top of my head. For ref. 2023 was 6.1 and 2023.75 was 6.3s.

– most importantly, it comes with the alloy wheels from the 2023 Premium model. The 2024 Premium has different (uglier in my opinion) alloys.

I personally am gonna wait for the 2024 one although the ride of the 2023 Select with 18″ alloys is far more settled than the bouncy ride of the Premium model with the 19″ alloys. If not for the faster motor, I would have just gone with the 2023 one.

Bo
                        Participant

Hi, yes I managed to order a 2023.75 in red with a tech pack I found it at the dealer down South. They agreed to save it for me till June when I’m due to change.

I did speak about the 2024 model to my dealer in Leicester and he informed me Ford will still only allow factory orders for mobility and that we could still only pick from central stock. So it looks like they’re very much hoping to shift all the old models to people on mobility, I believe in central stock there’s only three colours left and none with tech packs. I assume once they’ve gone, they will replenish their stock with 2024 models.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that this has happened by the time you’re due to re-order.

I’m not bothered about the power upgrade of the 2024. I have to say I’m much prefer the nicer wheels but at this point and not knowing when they’ll be available I’m just gonna take the car I’ve got and put up with the wheels and be happy I got a red one with the tec pack.

DelToro
                          Participant

Ah, congrats mate. Be sure to share pictures! I have yet to see a Rapid Red one in the flesh but I think it’ll look great. There are a number of 2023 ones, which I prefer, in different colours (black, star and space white and grabber blue) available at Jon Grose dealerships (not central stock). They were happy to sell any to me and I actually tried placing an order for the black one. However Motability stopped it as they insisted I have to place the order in person. I wasn’t particularly inclined to drive for over two hours just to order, not to collect. This is my first Motability order so I wasn’t familiar with that quirky rule. In the meantime, another dealership told me about the 2024 situation and I have since decided to just wait for that. Hopefully the car doesn’t get removed from the scheme by then! 😬

Bo
                            Participant

Yeah, we looked at Jon Grose dealerships as we had grabber blue as a backup colour, but I was not so keen on the 2023 models as the wheels look too small, although I do prefer the style.

When this quarter price was released on the information went out to Ford dealers it listed 2023.75 and 2024 models as the same price, so I think you’ll be lucky

You can almost guarantee the day after I pick mine up the 2024 models will be available from stock lol

Good luck I’m sure your patience will be rewarded. There’s very little stock of the old models floating round now so it can’t be long until four have to start letting Motability customers have 2024 ones

DelToro
                              Participant

Hahaha. For what it’s worth, I’ve test driven the 2023 and 2023.75 Selects as well as the 2023 Premium and the 2023 Select wheels give a much better ride. The least comfortable and most bouncy was the Premium. The car in general doesn’t have the best ride but the premium wheels highlight that even more. It’s the best looking car on the scheme though in my opinion so I’m not too bothered.

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.