Any Ford dealers on here? Mach E question

• Creator
    Topic
    Bo
    Participant

I ordered a car a few days ago from my local dealer and wanted it in red with the tech pack, he took my order and a deposit but now tells me there are no red ones in the Ford compound they are only red ones at dealers that he can’t get them.

My question is how often does the stock at the compound get refreshed? Does the boat come every week, every month or is it just random? I don’t want to order a carbonise grey and two weeks later a red or grabber blue one comes in and it be too late because my carbonised Grey one is with my local dealer and in the same respect, I don’t wanna get to a week before my handover date and not have a car to change to.

I am also happy to travel if somebody has a rapid red or grabber blue with the tech pack (2023.75) in stock they can reserve for me.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks for any answers in advance

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tiny tim
      Participant

Most cars for Motability are new factory orders meaning unless there is a canceled order which you can be lucky to have, but have to have colour that is Available  and there may be extras on it which you would have to pay for. I did see on ford website cars available in 4 weeks of the puma and when I called around dealers in early feb they told me Ford always do that and cars  are not always available and that I could not even order a new puma ST automatic as there is a new facelift available in around August time and unless you can find a 2023 year model you would have to wait.

Tiny tim
        Participant

Also to add I have been told by many dealers ordering from standard spec extra’s can cause a hold up and may take longer to build  and even specifying some colours may take longer. If you do want a certain make and colour it is worth shopping around dealers as you may be lucky.

Bo
          Participant

Thanks for the reply, Ford won’t do a factory order on the Mustang, they have centrally located stock that you have to pick from it’s the same for retail customers.

That was the point of my question. I want to know if anyone knows how often the centrally located stock getting updated.

On the Ford stock locator if it says available within one week it’s at a dealers if it says within four weeks it’s central stock at Dagenham.

Tiny tim
            Participant

You will be lucky when or if you can source one good luck it is a nice motor.

Bo
              Participant

You will be lucky when or if you can source one good luck it is a nice motor.

Thank you I’ve got fingers crossed

MFillingham
                Participant

According to the Ford website, there are 2 reds with tech pack and 1 red and 2 blues without tech pack all available with 1 week delivery, which suggests they’re at the central depot.  Whilst the list your dealer is seeing may be more up to date, there’s also a chance they’re more reluctant to get one for Motability customers?  Definitely worth asking elsewhere (phone up a dealer somewhere else and see what they can get).

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                  I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Bo
                  Participant

According to the Ford website, there are 2 reds with tech pack and 1 red and 2 blues without tech pack all available with 1 week delivery, which suggests they’re at the central depot.  Whilst the list your dealer is seeing may be more up to date, there’s also a chance they’re more reluctant to get one for Motability customers?  Definitely worth asking elsewhere (phone up a dealer somewhere else and see what they can get).

Apparently, if they’re available within one week, they at a dealership. I need to look for the ones that are available within four weeks. They are the ones that are centrally located and my dealer can get.

MFillingham
                    Participant

I wonder what would happen if you selected the ‘Send to dealer’ option on the website?  I know they’ll send your details to that dealer but I do wonder if the car follows.

To be fair, the process does confuse me.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                      I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Bo
                      Participant

I wonder what would happen if you selected the ‘Send to dealer’ option on the website?  I know they’ll send your details to that dealer but I do wonder if the car follows.

Yeah they do just send your details to the dealer. The dealer has my details In fact the dealer has my deposit. He just can’t get the car in the colour I want, funnily enough, he didn’t mention this until after the deposit was paid

MickC
                        Participant

Most cars for Motability are new factory orders meaning unless there is a canceled order which you can be lucky to have, but have to have colour that is Available and there may be extras on it which you would have to pay for. I did see on ford website cars available in 4 weeks of the puma and when I called around dealers in early feb they told me Ford always do that and cars are not always available and that I could not even order a new puma ST automatic as there is a new facelift available in around August time and unless you can find a 2023 year model you would have to wait.

Tiny ..you can order “stock old model” and “factory facelift model” Puma ST on Motability they are both listed with their own Ref numbers.

MickC
                          Participant

I ordered a car a few days ago from my local dealer and wanted it in red with the tech pack, he took my order and a deposit but now tells me there are no red ones in the Ford compound they are only red ones at dealers that he can’t get them. My question is how often does the stock at the compound get refreshed? Does the boat come every week, every month or is it just random? I don’t want to order a carbonise grey and two weeks later a red or grabber blue one comes in and it be too late because my carbonised Grey one is with my local dealer and in the same respect, I don’t wanna get to a week before my handover date and not have a car to change to. I am also happy to travel if somebody has a rapid red or grabber blue with the tech pack (2023.75) in stock they can reserve for me. Hope that makes sense Thanks for any answers in advance

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/buy-online/inventory/pv#config=ACMRA_VS-KZ,Mustang+Mach-E,red

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by MickC.
                            Bo
                            Participant

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/buy-online/inventory/pv#config=ACMRA_VS-KZ,Mustang+Mach-E,red

The three that say delivery within one week are not available to me as they are dealer stock the only other one that says delivery with four weeks (Central stock so is available to me) doesn’t have the tech pack.

I’ve been looking three times a day

Tiny tim
                              Participant

Two different dealers in feb told me I could not order 2023 model in my local area of the ST and did have only one in grey with lots of extras pushing up the price they told me ford website showing cars was never true and only what is on there search available is Available. Also in feb they told me the new facelift they could at that time not order as 2024 year models they never had any motability order codes it maybe now in April to do this and as I had no car I went with Peugeot which I ordered in late feb and now had delivered to me yesterday and seeing it I think it looks way better than Ford Puma sleeker slimmer and not ugly at front like the Puma and also when I saw the 2024 facelift I was shocked by the ugly square steering wheel it looked like one from old BL days I told the dealer this As the old 2023 steering wheel was way better.

MickC
                                Participant

The three that say delivery within one week are not available to me as they are dealer stock the only other one that says delivery with four weeks (Central stock so is available to me) doesn’t have the tech pack. I’ve been looking three times a day

When you say the three are not available to “you” is that because they have been promised to other buyers or they are too far away from you to travel.

Bo
                                  Participant

When you say the three are not available to “you” is that because they have been promised to other buyers or they are too far away from you to travel.

They have been allocated as dealers stock and I don’t know which dealers (if it says available within one week it’s a dealer if it says four weeks it’s central stock)

I’m going to give ford a ring in the morning and see if they’ll tell me which dealers they’re at and then see if they’ll sell them to me as a Motability customer

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Bo.
                                    MickC
                                    Participant

They have been allocated as dealers stock and I don’t know which dealers (if it says available within one week it’s a dealer if it says four weeks it’s central stock) I’m going to give ford a ring in the morning and see if they’ll tell me which dealers they’re at and then see if they’ll sell them to me as a Motability customer

Good idea,hope you get the Dealer details,and then get the car you want.

Bo
                                      Participant

Cheers buddy so do I who’d have thought ordering a car would be such a palaver

MickC
                                        Participant

Cheers buddy so do I who’d have thought ordering a car would be such a palaver

Anygood >  https://www.stoneacre.co.uk/new-cars/ford

Bo
                                          Participant

Anygood >  https://www.stoneacre.co.uk/new-cars/ford

Not really, it’s just a link to a ford dealer

but thanks anyway

MickC
                                            Participant

Anygood > https://www.stoneacre.co.uk/new-cars/ford

Not really, it’s just a link to a ford dealer but thanks anyway

Bo
                                              Participant

Thanks, but that’s not the colour I’m looking for

Djw38uk
                                                Participant

Lee Harris at Hendy Ford in Portsmouth has always gone the extra mile for me in sourcing a car.

He may be worth a try……….

DelToro
                                                  Participant

Bo, have you seen the various colours in person? I have only seen the space white one and the vapour blue and both looked cheap (especially the blue one). The plastic wheel arches and rear “diffuser” that are on the Select trim make things look even worse.

Bo
                                                    Participant

Bo, have you seen the various colours in person? I have only seen the space white one and the vapour blue and both looked cheap (especially the blue one). The plastic wheel arches and rear “diffuser” that are on the Select trim make things look even worse.

Yeah, it’s not ideal on the plastic trim. I even thought about seeing if I could get it wrapped so it was shiny but I don’t think I’ll bother. I too think the vapour blue makes it look cheap.

I didn’t mind the carbonise grey as I thought that hid the black cheap plastic well, we are even considering a black one as although it’s the cheapest paint option and non-metallic still think it looks quite good and definitely hides the black

kezo
                                                      Participant

There 14 select models showing on Autotrader with a mixture of 70/72/kW with/without Tech Pack!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.