Another £50 Insurance Rebate coming……………

• Creator
    Topic
  • #147875 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Posted today (12th May 2021) on the Motability website:

In spring 2020, as the first lockdown started to ease, we were able to share savings from a lower level of insurance claims by sending £50 to all our customers. We are pleased to say that, following a similar reduction in claims during further lockdowns, we will send another insurance-based refund of £50 to customers who joined the Scheme before 4 January 2021.

If you have a Motability Scheme online account you can request to have the money transferred directly to your bank account. You can do this by logging into your account and navigating to the ‘personal details’ area and following the onscreen instructions to provide your bank details.

Read more about online payments through the Motability Scheme online account

If you would like to receive the insurance payment directly into your bank account, please add your bank details to your online account by 11 June 2021 as  we will start making the online payment to eligible customers from 15 June 2021. Once we have completed the online payments, we will then begin issuing the refund to remaining eligible customers by cheque. Please note, we are only able to make the payment by bank transfer through the Motability Scheme online account.

https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme-news/covid-19-update-50-insurance-based-refund/

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #148082 Reply
    ajn

#148083 Reply
    ajn

Motability Scheme e‑newsletter, it do state how to change details for the bank account, just simply won’t work in my case..

#148103 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Many thanks I’ve updated my account

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#148121 Reply
    Richie

lol did not work for me on 3 browsers

#148123 Reply
    ajn

@Richie well done we must be the chosen ones 🤣😂🤣

🌻

#148129 Reply
    joss

@Richie well done we must be the chosen ones 🤣😂🤣 🌻

Of course you are the chosen one ajn 👀🥳

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#148134 Reply
    ajn

@Glos Guy I’ve tried a few times on safari too.

Im not willing to go banging in all sorts of info of accounts, so now I won’t bother🤣…

I’ve given up, now they have lost the interest I had..🥴

🌻

#148535 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

After several attempts over many days and despite an email from Motability telling me to get my £50 put in my bank account quicker its still not working for me.

A well known Spanish high street bank used here so not a small one.

#148536 Reply
    ajn

Same here Chris K, even after the email off motability.

Same bank account all my life 🤔

🌻

#148537 Reply
    joss

Just out of interest. Has anyone who can not up date their account been in touch with Motability about this?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#148538 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Just out of interest. Has anyone who can not up date their account been in touch with Motability about this?

Yes, I did Joss. The Motability system wouldn’t accept my wife’s HSBC Bank account that she has had for decades. She is also the Motability customer. I called them and they said that they would alert their IT department. That was a couple of weeks ago. We later tried our Lloyds joint account and it accepted that. The only explanation that I could come up with is that my wife’s Motability account has her Christian name followed by surname, whereas her bank account is Mrs initials followed by surname, so the format is different. You’d think that Motability’s IT system would be intelligent enough to realise that’s the same person, but ….

#148546 Reply
    Gary

Yeah, my wifes account just has her initials, so it wont verify 🙁

#148547 Reply
    gillan

been trying to enter bank details for a few days now.

its not having it. Ive given up!

#148548 Reply
    joss

Thanks Glos guy

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#148549 Reply
    ajn

@Joss, yes I informed them yesterday after I received an email explaining the £50 refund due delivered to my inbox.

Unlike above mentioned nothing for me have ever changed, no initials, or names, also I’ve had the account for decades..

In fact this is the only problem I’ve ever had with the account tbh.

Obviously payment into the account would be easier(if it worked) however no massive problem so  just give up to..

#148550 Reply
    ajn

#148554 Reply
    garry
    Participant

Just had this in an email from motability

#148556 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Just updated ours, no problem at all

Strange that some people are having problems

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#148561 Reply
    ajn

Cheque will be ok, after all it would’ve been that in the first place, until the updated bank details change over.

I’m sticking with the cheque method, putting failed attempts of bank details online is never wise..

#148566 Reply
    Michael Thompson

When was the first refund paid out, I can’t remember getting a cheque last year?

#148571 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Like many, will not accept bank account of 30 odd years, computer has to match them. Cheque will do for me.

#148578 Reply
    ajn

I for one have never had any problem with any transactions in or out ever with my bank..

weird and strange this problem.

🌻

#148580 Reply
    joss

@ajn lol  what about the money laundering you did🤣🤣🤣

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#148600 Reply
    ajn

Seems to be a confusion with name details, initials or middle name placement..

#152616 Reply
    ajn

🌟🌟🌟🌟UPDATE🌟🌟🌟🌟

EMAIL

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
Reply To: Another £50 Insurance Rebate coming……………
Your information: