Another £50 Insurance Rebate coming……………

• Creator
    Topic
  • #147875 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Posted today (12th May 2021) on the Motability website:

In spring 2020, as the first lockdown started to ease, we were able to share savings from a lower level of insurance claims by sending £50 to all our customers. We are pleased to say that, following a similar reduction in claims during further lockdowns, we will send another insurance-based refund of £50 to customers who joined the Scheme before 4 January 2021.

If you have a Motability Scheme online account you can request to have the money transferred directly to your bank account. You can do this by logging into your account and navigating to the ‘personal details’ area and following the onscreen instructions to provide your bank details.

Read more about online payments through the Motability Scheme online account

If you would like to receive the insurance payment directly into your bank account, please add your bank details to your online account by 11 June 2021 as  we will start making the online payment to eligible customers from 15 June 2021. Once we have completed the online payments, we will then begin issuing the refund to remaining eligible customers by cheque. Please note, we are only able to make the payment by bank transfer through the Motability Scheme online account.

https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme-news/covid-19-update-50-insurance-based-refund/

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #147878 Reply
    joss

@BigDave

Well spotted sir.

For those of you who have not as yet setup your personal Mobility account. You can do so from this link 

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by joss. Reason: added link

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#147880 Reply
    Georgie

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That’s a nice bit of news.</p>

#147895 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

good spot bigdave, ive just added my details to the online account so that saves a 30 mile journey to bank a chq.

#147897 Reply
    Appleman

Thanks BigDave just updated my account for direct payment,saves a journey – cheers

#147899 Reply
    ajn

Computer says NO…😳 😆          🌻

#147917 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

@ajn

Same here but with two more attempts to go but won’t be bothering with them.

Tried two of my bank accounts both failed. 😢

#147918 Reply
    ajn

@ChrisK some bank apps can scan cheques now too, or take a photo and send👍…

Funny thing is before I even tried changing my details on the website, I said to Mrs Ajn bet this isn’t straight forward 😂🤣😂

🌻

#147919 Reply
    JohntheLeg
    Participant

Cheers BigDave fo that info. I’ve managed to update my Account. 🤩🤗

#147921 Reply
    ajn

….forgot to mention..

Thanks BigDave for the info though 👍.

#147923 Reply
    joss

@ajn @ChrisK

Make sure that you ticked the check box before sending

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#147924 Reply
    ajn

@Joss yeah noticed that tick box Joss ☑️

I’ll give it another go in a few days, if not a cheque will be  fine too..

#147947 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I am going to spend my £50 on my little grandson

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#147973 Reply
    ajn

@Oscarmax yeah what a great way to spend it or use it.. 👍

#147978 Reply
    Dante2
    Participant

That’s great about the insurance rebate this year too & the online account with the online direct payments function too 🙂

#147991 Reply
    Shellie

I can’t update details either

#147993 Reply
    John morris

Thanks for this info. Just updated my partners details.

#147994 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Welcome news, but why on earth can’t Motability sort out their dire website, which is not fit for purpose? Just tried to input my wife’s bank account details (correctly) and got the same error message as those above. Hopeless.

#148005 Reply
    Dave147
    Participant

Great news on the £50 rebate. Just updated my account with bank details and didn’t have any problems. Make sure you tick the check box as joss stated.

#148006 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Make sure you tick the check box as joss stated.

Yes, I did, but it didn’t work! Tried again with our joint account and it was accepted. I have phoned Motability to alert them to the fact that their website has a glitch that needs sorting.

#148007 Reply
    Dave147
    Participant

Glad you got it sorted 👍

#148030 Reply
    ajn

Nah still useless, won’t allow my update..

Try again tomorrow…🙄

#148033 Reply
    ajn

weird as it the same account I paid the advanced payment with, and that was soon cleared 👍

#148056 Reply
    Pjl

Looks like if you have a challenger bank account  – metro, starling, monzo  etc  – it’s not allowing you to register for online settlement. Not great tbh from Motability, although these banks will allow you to upload cheque images.

#148080 Reply
    Peter

It may be a browser issue causing the errors.  I tried numerous times with my default browser, Firefox, getting an error message each time.  Tried it with the Edge browser and it worked first time.

Thanks again to @BigDave for the heads up 🙂

#148081 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I don’t think it’s anything to do with which bank you are with or which browser you use, it’s just that Motability has cr*p IT systems! Tried it several times with my wife’s HSBC account and it wouldn’t accept it. Tried it with our Lloyds joint account and it did. Both attempts using my iPad which runs off Safari. Hopeless.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 111 total)
Reply To: Reply #148033 in Another £50 Insurance Rebate coming……………
Your information: