Andrew Neil calls out Boris Johnson's cowardice on prime time BBC

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  POPS 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #98716 Reply

Brydo

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #98730 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

The lies, falsehoods and misrepresentations of the anti Tories, as an example the lie/falsehood that Andrew Neil called out BoJo’s ‘cowardice’?.

I have listened, but not heard ‘cowardice’ being mentioned- apologies if I missed it.

Bigotry Folks is a double edged sword

And please don’t just take me at my word

Read the responses of some on this Forum

Responses sometimes lacking decorum

Bigotry seems to flow with such ease

Yet they accuse others of bigotry if you please

Bigotry & trolling appear to go so easily together

Lies & exaggeration yes,  ‘truth’ hardly ever

Lots of insults and political hype

Help us mere mortals to recognise the type

But sticks and stones for us hold no fear

And to all on here, bigots as well,Merry Christmas and  a very Happy New Year

#98739 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

bigot – a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:

Other descriptions that may be of interest during this election.

pride
    noun a feeling that you are better or more important than other people
    arrogance
    noun behaviour that shows that you think you are better or more important than other people
    self-importance
    noun the belief that you are more important than everyone else
    superiority
    noun a way of behaving that shows you think you are better or more important than other people
    condescension
    noun formal the behaviour of someone that shows they think they are more important or more intelligent than other people
    egotism
    noun showing disapproval a feeling that you are more important than other people and need not care about them
    narcissism
    noun an extreme interest in your own life and problems that prevents you from caring about other people

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#98757 Reply

joss
    Participant

bigot – a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life: Other descriptions that may be of interest during this election. pride noun a feeling that you are better or more important than other people arrogance noun behaviour that shows that you think you are better or more important than other people self-importance noun the belief that you are more important than everyone else superiority noun a way of behaving that shows you think you are better or more important than other people condescension noun formal the behaviour of someone that shows they think they are more important or more intelligent than other people egotism noun showing disapproval a feeling that you are more important than other people and need not care about them narcissism noun an extreme interest in your own life and problems that prevents you from caring about other people[/quote

More tea vicar. Spot on Brydo

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#98770 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i will lay odds the spin doctors have been number crunching the whole time calculating wether they will take a bigger hit by avoiding neil or if they let boris get grilled.

given how the others got gutted by neil i reckon the safest thing is to hide boris in a round of photo ops as he doesnt perform well off the cuff and even at times cocks up set piece events.

he can get away with a bit of buffoonary out and about, in a studio with neil badgering him it wont be pretty.

#98775 Reply

Brydo

Imagine how the interviewers who got an interview with BJ feel. They must feel that they are a soft touch.

Brilliant piece of work by Neil, he has thrown the gauntlet down, let’s see if BJ is man enough to pick it up.

My money is on BJ avoiding it cowering in the shadows like a child who is scared of the dark.

#98778 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

Sorry Brydo, but your credibility in my eyes (only over this election btw ) has been terminally damaged-

My point was that you constantly accuse BoJo of lying, and yet you have done the very same thing  – you gave the impression that Andrew Neil called BoJo a coward , or at least, that Neil had indicated that BoJo not yet agreeing to a date for an interview was cowardice!

That was a falsehood and very definitely a misrepresentation of what  Neil said, ie  that he called or indicated that  BoJo was a coward, and was for impact – truth has been lost.

For clarity, I have just watched Andrew Neil again, and nowhere did he mention ‘cowardice’!

What he did however, was tell BoJo which questions he would ask him ( he actually listed them if you listen again to Neil ) giving him time to prepare his answers, so, BoJo’s team will be working hard on the answers ready the eventual interview, next week probably?

That’s my last comment on any political post!

#98781 Reply

joss
    Participant

The fact remains that. Boris or rather his team is stopping him for appearing. Why would they do that? because Boris can not manage such a grilling. He will babel on as he does with incoherent nonsense. If Boris can not undertake this, then how on earth will he cope as a leader dealing with other world leaders.

Accountable boris is not.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#98784 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I agree Joss

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#98785 Reply

brydo

It’s not been a good day for BJ first joss and myself call him out then John Major tells Tory voters to vote for former Tory  MPs now standing as independants.

Not sure what’s worse lol.

#98786 Reply

POPS

Andrew Neil has grilled the other party leaders about politics, both past and present. Johnson is different.

He has a number of serious personal character flaws that have been exposed over the past few years. Due to his effervescent personality and ‘cheeky chappy’ persona he has bounced back with teflon like non stickability.

Neil sees an opportunity to confront the person not the politics this time, and Boris is clearly being advised to steer clear of this interview.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Andrew Neil calls out Boris Johnson's cowardice on prime time BBC

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: