Alternative to Motability Car?

• Creator
    Topic
    Chloe

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi all, I’ve recently been awarded enhanced care and standard mobility. I’m overjoyed to finally be through the process. I am not eligible for a Motability car but I wondered if anyone had any alternatives that they have used for a similar price/deal. I don’t need a wheelchair accessible vehicle just something that I could use for getting to medical appointments etc. Thanks</p>

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Trev
      Participant

Hi Chloe,

Congratulations on getting through the process and being happy with your award.

The motability scheme is a bit of a one off i’m afraid, as it’s basically various elements packaged together, i.e vehicle lease, insurance, tax, and breakdown.

You could look at a personal lease, and may find a lease for a similar amount as you would find on the motability scheme, but there would be a deposit to pay, probably lower mileage allowance, and a credit check involved. Plus then you could have to add things like insurance which bumps the price up.

It all really depends on your financial standing and what you are prepared to pay for, but if you are looking for a car that you can exchange your benefit award for, there is no such scheme for the standard motability award unfortunately.

joss

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi all, I’ve recently been awarded enhanced care and standard mobility. I’m overjoyed to finally be through the process. I am not eligible for a Motability car but I wondered if anyone had any alternatives that they have used for a similar price/deal. I don’t need a wheelchair accessible vehicle just something that I could use for getting to medical appointments etc. Thanks</p>

Hello and welcome Chloe.

If I may ask, How many points did you score on the mobility side of you PIP claim?

Joss
          Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Persuader

There are some personal lease schemes from manufacturers which include all major costs- try Peugeot Just Add Fuel scheme which is what it says- all inclusive. Nothing is likely to come close to the value of Motability but you may get something suitable. To quote the website:

Peugeot Just Add Fuel® is an innovative finance package that covers the costs of your brand new Peugeot.
            It includes ALL of the following for a fixed monthly payment on a 37 month contract with 4.9% APR Representative.
            3 years’ insurance* (for up to three drivers – with no curfews)
            3 years’ car tax
            3 years’ warranty
            3 years’ roadside assistance
            3 years’ routine servicing
            If you’re aged 18-20 or have less than two years’ No Claim Discount then there is Just Add Fuel® with the addition of a telematics device.

Just choose your Peugeot, add fuel and go!

Trev
            Participant

That’s interesting to know, cheers Persuader

Chloe

Thanks for the suggestions and the information, will definitely be checking out the Peugeot scheme as seems right for me. I got 10 points so 2 points shy of the higher rate I think

joss

Thanks for the suggestions and the information, will definitely be checking out the Peugeot scheme as seems right for me. I got 10 points so 2 points shy of the higher rate I think

Thanks for that Chloe. Just 2 points short is so close. I know some who have challenge this and won the full amount. However it is a risk.

Just for future reference, book mark this web site. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/index.php it is full of excellent guides and support if you subscribe. It basically walks you through filling out the pip forms and the wording you should use.

How long was your award for Chloe?

Joss
                  Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.