Aged brass bird feeder

• Creator
    Topic
  • #145348 Reply
    ajn

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145349 Reply
    ajn

#145350 Reply
    ajn

#145351 Reply
    ajn

#145352 Reply
    ajn

Surely that deserves better than the skip

#145356 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

a little tlc and it would be very smart ajn.

i wouldnt skip it a bit of knocking out, brasso and metal paint and it will be good for another lifetime.

#145365 Reply
    ajn

@mitch it’s been down between a hedgerow in an inaccessible gap for many years..🦤🦤🤣

Strange thing is I can’t seem to find anything that resembles it..

Not sure I I should go for trying to buff it up, or leave it be approach..

I think it would be a shame to taking its battle scars off, best left I thing just sanitise it I guess.

🌻

#145409 Reply
    Lou

That’s pretty cool 👍

#145413 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

What a marvellous piece of kit. Designed by Brunel? Looks big enough and solid enough to have come out of a shipyard. I reckon that leaving it as is would be the best approach.

#145414 Reply
    ajn

Thanks for the replies, the more I look at this feeder the more I like it..

After all the years outdoors, fallen through a gap amazingly with just hot water clean up the threads undo and tighten with ease..

#145510 Reply
    Lou

The birds will love it, what treats are you putting inside? Cuttlefish bone is good for beans, calcium & minerals but I doubt would fit in the feeder.

#145511 Reply
    Lou

Woops that was meant to say beaks! 😂

#145514 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

please more photos of feeders on here I love to feed the birds

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#145524 Reply
    ajn

@Menorca Mike one year I bought Mrs ajn a bluetit camera nest box, guardman peanut & seed feeder as a birthday pressie, must admit not many would appreciate I guess…

Had a nesting pair in the box, we could watch via our TV.

Still in place to date, filled up daily and as she’s been working from home, and me going through shielding it’s still a much discussed conversation through out the day.

Over the years though the camera has packed in the box remains…

🌻

#145525 Reply
    ajn

@Lou we want to get some sanitiser before use, it was messy so best be safe, it’s had a clean though.

#145533 Reply
    Lou

good idea, reading your above comment I love the sound of the bird box & camera you got Mrs ajn for a birthday (something I would of loved too)…..a while ago I was searching them boxes you can attach to the window with the 2 way film but I am too worried it would fall or be blown off in strong winds. Was your cameras wireless?

#145540 Reply
    ajn

Sorry about the ridiculous hour of reply Lou woke up due to pain..😞

No the box wasn’t wireless, it was wired Lou, the picture was excellent with night vision too…
    (wireless would be great I guess)

I’ll never forget the memory of my Wife outside with a beaming grin, spinning left to right with baby Bluetits all over the garden and still more coming out the box, in the trees, on the floor, benches everywhere chirping at the new World to be, almost magical…

Mum and Dad flitting everywhere trying to gain control🙂

Great stuff even smiling now….

🌻

#145542 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I love to feed the birds was thinking about one of those feeders you stick to a window but do they stay on after heavy rain etc ?

#145543 Reply
    ajn

@Menorca Mike, why not try it Mike also try one of those adhesive hooks & fishing line as back up and support..

Those adhesive hooks work well..

🌻

#145545 Reply
    ajn

This sort of thing 👍

#145564 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

That’s a great idea many thanks

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Aged brass bird feeder
Your information: