Advice on my BMW 320i Sport (not happy)

• Creator
    Topic
  • #126921 Reply
    Anthony

Hello –

Can I get advice….I ordered my 320i sport in July and the build system had all the updates including on the description of the live cockpit plus that it would have the new 5’1 inch digital dash, idrive 7 and hey bmw + android auto…

I collected my car end of September and it didnt have the new dash….so I was already disappointed and then over the last week of driving I’ve realised it’s running idrive 6, no hey bmw assistant and no android AUTO…but it’s got the flappy padels which was part of the new update….I’ve emailed the salesman and informed motability…they have said they have my back and expect the dealer to look after me….but the salesman said he would have to look and see if when I ordered the car I made a request for idrive 7…..obviously that is a part of the car you cant change and so there was no need for me to say anything….but I expected what I ordered and what was on the build system the day we went through the order….like I specced the black leather with orange stitching + mineral white paint and I went with the 19imch wheels…..and on that order was the description for the new dash and idrive……

How to I get this sorted out?

Any advice?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127069 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Anthony

Get onto mobility again tell them the dealer is fobbing you off and you want to reject the car.
    I can’t believe your dealer is just trying to force you to except it when it’s not the spec you ordered.
    Ask mobility for a case manager to deal with it on your behalf do to the stress.

#127100 Reply
    PS

Sorry everyone, wasn’t feeling great as usual with rheumatic pain!. I will see if I can get some pics posted today of the interior cockpit plus and will share them 🙂 speak soon PS

#127160 Reply
    PS

Hi, I managed to get some 3 series updated cockpit picture along with the media system. As you can see on the picture, the map also comes on the cockpit when you enter a destination which is pretty cool. 

#127161 Reply
    PS

#127162 Reply
    PS

I actually prefer it over the professional cockpit like in the gran coupe as this has got best of both- cool dials and the map in between. Let me know what your opinion is about the cockpit. PS

#127170 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

@PS, that looks fantastic! I love how the map in the cluster is in the middle like the LC Professional. The analogues are a little bit dark in the night but nonetheless the map gives it a lively feeling. Also, love the classic BMW orange ambience!

Thank you for sharing. Any chance you can post one from the back seat, like of the whole front. If you can, otherwise don’t push yourself as you get pains.

#127171 Reply
    PS

your most welcome Dave. I can post one of the whole front view. I will post both day time and night time by tomorow evening. Have a good day all 🙂

#127229 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

That dash is far nicer than the MSport one. I emailed my dealer earlier in the week to make sure that mine has it but as per usual have heard nothing back.

#127268 Reply
    PS

Hi all, some more pics as promised. 

#127269 Reply
    PS

#127270 Reply
    PS

#127272 Reply
    PS

Sorry all for the picture quality. My iPhone camera isn’t all the best. Hope this all helps for those waiting for their 3 series. PS

#127273 Reply
    Rob

Looks brilliant. I pick mine up on Thursday looking forward to it after seeing these pics. Thanks for sharing them.

#127276 Reply
    PS

Your most welcome Rob. Hope your hand over goes smoothly. The ambient lighting inside is very bright and nice. Enjoy the drive!

#127282 Reply
    Mike

Thanks for the pics,  I also pick mine up on Thursday,  looking forward to it

#127284 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Thank you for posting @PS, it looks absolutely stunning! The blue illumination combined with the orange gives it really good ambience, especially from the back seat! I cannot wait to collect mine in a few weeks time. Enjoy!!

#127362 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

It would be interesting to get a comparison with the vag digital cockpit.

Can you enlarge the sat nav map between the dials like on vag cockpit i used this a lot on our Tiguan.

#127386 Reply
    PS

Hi all, for those who are going to receive their bmw 3 series, it would be nice to share some pictures of the exterior. What colour has everyone gone for? I have the classic black sapphire. PS

#127433 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I’ve gone for mineral grey and the 19″ wheels.

#127436 Reply
    PS

Nice choice Elliot. Is it the saloon or touring. 318i or 320i. PS

#127437 Reply
    Mike

I went for black sapphire.

@PS can you send an exterior pic of yours if possible, I want to see what I can expect.

Thanks

#127447 Reply
    PS

Hi Mike sure will do. The black sapphire gets dirty pretty quickly but looks amazing. Give me till Wednesday and I will post a pic. When are you collecting yours and what extras? Engine etc? PS

#127448 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@PS it’s the 320i sport saloon.

#127450 Reply
    Mike

I should be getting it on Thursday hopefully,  I went for the 320i sport. Didn’t go for any extras

#127475 Reply
    Rob

I’ve gone for the phytonic blue its new to the 3 series bit has previously been on the x3 and x5. I have mineral grey at the moment and love that colour but wanted something different. Ill post pics when I pick the car up.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
Reply To: Advice on my BMW 320i Sport (not happy)
Your information: