A lovely new Golf

• Creator
    Topic
  • #124877 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Here is the new MK 8 VW Golf hybrid style in reflex silver very economical quiet and great dsg and 150 bhp you get the better multi link suspension ! Just a shame folding mirrors etc are extras do you get a discount on extras ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #125032 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Saw a brand new shape Golf today at Tesco style model in dark blue nice alloys standard but didn’t look much different to my Golf previous model

#125033 Reply
    Gary

Its the estate I want to see, but need to order soon as supposed to get new car Jan which wont happen with current build times.

#125064 Reply
    Zohaib

Thanks for that Ian

#125111 Reply
    rox
    Participant

#125115 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Looks like a Toyota Corolla touring

#125116 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

#125118 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Aero dynamics mean alot of cars are looking pretty much the same, plus almost no idea is that original anymore.

#125119 Reply
    rox
    Participant

You been for any test drives yet Mike.

#125130 Reply
    Mike11

Not yet Rox waiting for Thursdays new prices

#125134 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Not yet Rox waiting for Thursdays new prices

Same here.

Mike, I’ve just seen the new 208 GT Line in that stunning blue that you liked a few miles up the road from me this morning. It looked absolutely superb. My mind’s pretty much made up now having seen it in the flesh & on the road. Hope the AP doesn’t go up Thursday.

#125250 Reply
    Dave G

Didn’t I say! Now that looks like a Toyota Corolla. What on earth were they thinking at VW design department! Ruined the 8th gen look.

#125297 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Having had a mk7 match edition. Rather glad i opted for the civic sport (currently now not on the scheme)

1 The looks

2 The kit it has as standard

3 The extra 32 bhp from a 1.5l and VTEC (i forgot how good it was and sounds)

4 The seats are so much more comfortable.

5 It’s way much better over bumps for my back.

I’d consider a Seat maybe now over the Mk8, Only bad bit, They not local to me and servicing then is an issue. Shame no 190 versions though now. Vw’s model now is extras, extras. Even the corrolla gets more but it’s a bit small and the Ap since it came out have got higher and higher. so till you know the AP ‘s it’s a hard one to compare.

@Menorca Mike i used to order in jan and got sick of test driving in the cold of winter, So decided to test drive at the end of summer and saw the car rise £500 in ap but mangaed to get £200 off and a tank a juice.

#125371 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Solent 60 hybrid Seat Leon 1.5 tsi dsg FR down £300 to £699 👌

#125374 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Solent 60 just read what car review the FR did 0 to 60 in 7.7 seconds in their test

#125397 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Yeah, saw that Mike. I’ve had a good look at the Leon FR. It looks great on the inside… but the outside looks a little…drab. I reckon the designers could have made it a bit more… sporty! Love that rear tail light too! I will defo take another look at the FR at that price though!

#125402 Reply
    Harry

FR Sport and First Edition makes a big difference in looks with the Leon, normal FR and below the alloys are so poor.

#125416 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Go to you tube put in New 2020 seat Leon FR go to video by AJ the player it’s fantastic he says it’s not independent rear suspension like on the 150 bhp Golf also has very deep boot too deep for my walker and yes the touch screen for fan heater etc he couldn’t get on with ! It’s a bargain but not for me

#125477 Reply
    rox
    Participant

My brother had a 190 fr, he liked it but not as much as the golf R he got now..

The mk8 has no climate knobs either there a shortcut button i think to bring it up on the info sys.

Maybe if you have voice you can use that. The boot is the same size but has the lip, I’m guessing golf boot is the same as it was, has that split level but it does make it smaller having it level.

The honda i have now has the lip and it’s not really such a huge issue as i thought it would be. The size is what really matters.

Maybe do a test drive and see for yourself. Deffo the seat offers great valu imo.

#125480 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Rox I didn’t think of that I wonder if you can work the heater controls fan speed etc with voice ? Pity about hard suspension though I have back problems

#125492 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Yeah the fr is sport suspension, personallly i would of went for excellence /  lux trim in the old leon as it also came with ACC but not the good looks. My problem is seat ain’t local. So just ain’t gonna work for me.

On my golf mk7 the voice was an added extra on the honda it’s standard and yep it can do alot just gotta learn the commands, Which i still ain’t used much as they put some buttons back on the 2020 civic i got.. They listen to the customers.

Sometimes the only way to tell is to build the cars and then look at the specs and then view them with ya own eye’s and drive them. I get it cause of covid some might not wanna but still.. We gotta live with these cars for 3 years and ceratin things are a pain.

Like when i had a c4 grand picasso that had almost everything threw the info sys and quite offten it would crash and the only way to reset was to turn off the car and restar it, did happen a good few times in the golf but if you press and hold the on/off it reset it..

Was very annoying as one cannot adjust the heater on starting until it boots up.. plus am liking how quick the honda heater heats up, so much faster than the golf  ever did. I have a bad back as well and i may miss the heated seats, but i can buy one if it’s so bad for £10 or so.. When it gets real cold..

Is so much to consider.

#125495 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Rox I adore the new Honda Jazz hybrid don’t laugh saw the car wow review on you tube he loved it he timed the o to 60 was 8.8 secs fast enough for me others said 70 mpg ! I love the digital dash and magic seats etc ex just gone up £300 but Marshall my local Honda dealer always doing offers will have a test drive next week got to order December for March pick up

#125511 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Do you think they would let me test drive it at 70 mph on the motorway M1 my Honda dealer is just 2 miles from the M1

#125513 Reply
    Lord Muc

Mike, I took my test drive straight on the m 23, dealer 5 minutes from motorway, luckily covid restrictions meant I didnt have a salesman with me, having said that I still would have done it.

#125514 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’d love to drive it on my own just want to see how quiet it is on motorway as I go on motorway once a week 100 miles

#125517 Reply
    rox
    Participant

A test drive is a test drive if you say you want to drive it on motorway for X reason then should be no issue.

If they say no then I’d be like well i ain’t buying it, cya.

Most test drives, they on your own now because of covid.

I also do regular motorway mileage and was one reason the 1.ol civic was not an option. plus for us as a family of 4 now and a dog, jazz is just a bit small.

Cannot say i have looked into the jazz much but seen it on the honda site and dealers (older one) and is a hybrid now.

Everytime i have gone for test drives there has always been a clear winner from how they drove. after narrowing them down, usually to 2 cars from stats and my needs at the time.

Although last time I only drove the honda and corrolla was the other option but the boot was just not big enough, so didn’t bother. This time mpg wasn’t one of the big factors but in the past it has been.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
Reply To: A lovely new Golf
Your information: