A lovely breakfast photo

• Creator
    Topic
  • #45213 Reply
    Mike

Here is the lovely all day breakfast I had at Morrisons cafe when I went to sheffield hospital a few weeks ago it was the extra large with pure orange juice and extra toast was just over £6

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #45214 Reply
    Mike

#45216 Reply
    Trev

Behave, i’m on a diet! lol

#45217 Reply
    Mike

I’m very impressed with the photo trev taken with my partners old iPhone 5C she now has the iPhone 7

#45219 Reply
    Trev

yes, mobiles do take good photos and being small they are more practical than carrying a seperate camera about.

Not had an iphone myself, always had samsung phones as i have a smart watch and they talk to each other so i can read text messages on my watch and more.

#45220 Reply
    Mike

I love text messages and what’s app being read out on apple car play in my new Golf Trev

#45232 Reply
    Trev

You’re more advanced than me Mike, only heard of Whatsapp, but don’t know anything about it.

#45233 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Wasn’t whatsapp an advert for an American beer?

lightbodyae55

#45257 Reply
    Trev

lol very good lightbodyae55

#45312 Reply
    Brydo

Mike with your tomato, beans, mushrooms and orange juice I think you’ve covered four of your five a day lol.

I do feel a bit sorry for you guys down south as up here we get square sausage and potato scones and I personally get black pudding and haggis to go with them.

I think for me the meal should be called all day and tomorrow breakfast lol.

#45408 Reply
    Trev

So what was on the breakfast table this morning people? I don’t do breakfast since being on this diet, may have had the odd brunch on a saturday or sunday though….. weekends for me are treat weekends

#45413 Reply
    Brydo

Porridge with blackberries and raspberries and a large glass of cold water, I will be heading out soon for my daily two mile walk.

Don’t drink don’t smoke ……………. What do you do, as the song goes lol.

#45417 Reply
    Trev

lol same as me Brydo, gave up the smokes 5 years last november… i think trying lose weight is a lot harder. Have not interest in alcohol, and don’t like hot drinks, only thing i drink is flavoured sparkling water.

Sounds a filling, healthy breakfast that.

#45477 Reply
    Mike

I have lost one and half stone since Christmas I’m now 11.2.0 had 100 mg special k with red berries for breakfast

#45485 Reply
    Trev

That’s fantastic Mike, well done – i’m a right old heavyweight, 6ft tall and 14 1/2 stone…. but i was 19 stone this time last year when i got diagnosed as having diabetes 2 – that’s what kicked me in to starting to try and look after myself a bit better. Gone from a 42″ waist to a 34″.

#45486 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Well done, My wife was diagnosed type 2 diabetes in September 2015, and since then she has lost 10 stone.

We both decided at that time that we would stop having sugar, as in chocolate, sweets, cakes, biscuits etc, as well as cutting out bread, potatoes, and red meat.

I have lost 4 stone over the same time.

I gave up smoking in 1992, when i was smoking in excess of 40 a day, and at that time a pack of ciggs cost over £2.00 a pack. It amazes me these days that people can afford to smoke especially when the cost of a pack is now close on £7.00.

lightbodyae55

#45487 Reply
    Mike

Totally agree lightbody about cigarettes it’s a junk food culture now pizzas delivered McDonalds kfc etc etc coffee shops no better worst possible drink for bladder

#45488 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Mike

Totally agree, black coffee is my tipple, but as you say trips to the wc are frequent.

We  do not have any of these junk food type stuff, as they are full of fat, and we are on a low fat no sugar diet due to my wife and her gallbladder problem.

We use a sugar substitute, Canderell, and in baking we use Splenda, which we have found works well.

lightbodyae55

#45491 Reply
    Brydo

Trev I used to suffer from really bad piles, started the above breakfast six years ago and never suffered since.

#45496 Reply
    Mike

I love Linda McCartney sausages they are lovely I’m not a vegan but to me they taste as good as normal sausages but so much better for you ! They are £1 in home bargains lovely with mash and baked beans mmmmm

#45516 Reply
    Trev

wow lightbodyae55, that is some impressive stuff. Congratulations to your wife and you.

Must admit i cannot give up the chocolate, i have a small bar every evening, but have forgone a lot of sweets, crisps, and bread…. i don’t eat bread anymore… but i need my meat… i’m a meat, potatoes, and 2 veg kinda guy…. plain straight food as it comes, i’m happy with that.

Haven’t looks at the price of cigs, i was on 20-30 a day before i packed up.

#45517 Reply
    Trev

Brydo, where were you before i had my haemorrhoidectomy 5 years ago!!

Seriously that is one operation i would never repeat again, the recovery process is the worse ever, i shall say no more.

#45518 Reply
    Trev

Agree with you there Mike, fortunately i live in a village where there are no takeaways or deliveries, if you want something cooked you have to get in the car and eat out. I much prefer home cooking anyhow, the washing up on the other hand….

#45519 Reply
    Trev

lightbodyae55, does your wife drink tea? if so give red bush tea a go, completely caffeine free, meant to be very good for you, my dad had to drink it when having radiotherapy for prostate cancer and liked it so much that’s all he drinks now.

#45520 Reply
    Trev

Not tried those Mike, but also in home bargains they do sugar free marie biscuits in a box, wife has these and says they taste as good as the original marie biscuits.

#45576 Reply
    Mike

Will look out for them when I go in next week trev

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: A lovely breakfast photo
Your information: