Car wrote off…

• Creator
    Topic
    Tstyle
    Participant

Hi guys I’ve had my toyota corolla hybrid for 2 months and it’s been wrote off from someone crashing into it parked. Ive just spoke to insurance and they told me it’s a write off but motabilty are not answering to ask more questions with what happens next?

So just wondering how long will they give hire cars for? As I’ll have to wait for a new one and also the AP was paid for with a grant. Do they allow you to use the award again or is that a new process? I’ll try keep phoning but was just curious for now.

Thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      swwchris
      Participant

You will have to start again with regard to the three year lease

Normally you would receive a pro rata refund of the advanced payment, but unsure of how it works when the advance is a grant. I think you would just have to apply for the grant again against whichever new car you want to order

The challenge will be regarding the length of rental if waiting a long time for a replacement car, however in the case of third party claims it will be the third party insurance who pays. However its not totally straightforward, you will be pushed to enter what’s called a credit hire arrangement with Enterprise, and there is a tiny risk that at some point you will have to justify a long hire period (as part of this arrangement you will also be asked whether you have the funds to hire a car yourself but again its just so they can provide justification of hiring a car especially for a long period and then claiming cost back from the third party). *You could google Credit Hire to find how it works. One positive about this is that you will get a like for like replacement (although if adaptions are fitted that is not quite so straightforward!). I had a large Mercedes to replace my Motability Audi.

Good luck but be prepared for some pain in getting things set up and agreed

Azzy
        Participant

I’ve been through this it’s a nightmare.

once your car is written off, they MAY put you in a hire car until your case has been closed but it will not be until your new vehicle arrives. So at some point you will be on your own until your new car arrives. They also offer taxi vouchers if a hire car isn’t available, I had to do this when my hire car broke down and left me several hundreds out of pocket.

swwchris
          Participant

I’ve been through this it’s a nightmare. once your car is written off, they MAY put you in a hire car until your case has been closed but it will not be until your new vehicle arrives. So at some point you will be on your own until your new car arrives. They also offer taxi vouchers if a hire car isn’t available, I had to do this when my hire car broke down and left me several hundreds out of pocket.

This is a third party claim so works differently although for sure it still may not be as straightforward as we would like!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.