7 seater, 300 mile large BEV, SUV exists!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #141440 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141443 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

If you Google this beast, you see a price in China of under £30,000. If this is true, together with the other tech data about the vehicle, it will shake up the UK market if and when it gets sold here. The size of it would be greatly useful for those of us needing to get big mobility devices on and off but it will never make it on to the scheme: the “small-engine” model runs out some 300bhp and goes 0-62 in under 5 secs.

#141455 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

599,900 NOK  (€58,181/$70,077)

It’ll be well over any Motability caps

The batter is lithium-iron-phosphate, the same as all the 80 cells I have laying around here waiting for an application (next wheelchair project or powerwall) and they are much safer than even a lead acid battery.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by gothitjulie.
    #141457 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I love the idea it’s a 7 seat car as it’s a dwindling market here.

That said my next order for July 21 will be petrol but who knows, now there thinking 7 seaters, it might be a 7 seat EV in 2025 if my health holds out.

#141460 Reply
    brydo

Julie, what the wealthy get today, we get tomorrow lol.

#141464 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#141467 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Yes indeed, which is why I’m considering a Tesla as my next car & just accept that I’ll be better off buying it outright & that by the time the warranty on the battery & drivetrain ends there will be plenty of Tesla repairers around. Aim would be to keep the car until it is well & truly dead or I am.

Battery deg on Bjorn’s “Millenium Falcon” 2013 Tesla Model S P85 is around 13% with that battery having done around 260k km (it had a new battery early on under warranty & the car is over 350k km), so not bad, & that battery has done loads of rapid charging.

#141468 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Xpeng are probably right about range, but we are facing a major problem in the UK with the lack of rapid chargers when everyone decides to go on a driving holiday at the same time.

The sooner the Gov’t kicks Ecotricity out of motorway service stations the better, else those service stations will be bankrupt in 10 years as they can’t charge just one EV at a time as is the current average. The only alternative to the charging problem is Tesla superchargers at the moment.

Meanwhile there are a lot of rapid chargers springing up just off the motorways, e.g. J27 M6 8 new ultra rapids, but they’re awaiting connection by the DNO who just plod along at a snail’s pace in the UK. This is the reason that BP ultra rapids at Reading services on the M4 sit idle, it’s the same all over the country.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by gothitjulie.
    #141470 Reply
    brydo

And getting back to your YouTube channel “Ask Julie” these are the topics that need to be highlighted, discussed and resolved.

#141506 Reply
    Richard

<p style=”text-align: left;”>There’s also the newly released Vivaro-e Life that I posted on here, 8 seats  price £3995-£5995 unfortunately but its 8 seats 150-200 miles roughly I think.</p>
    It’s the same vehicle as Toyota Proace Verso, Citroen Spacetourer & Peugeot Traveller. Expensive but good to see this segment getting some BEV love. Hopefully the new batteries will be ready soon & that’ll really help things

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: 7 seater, 300 mile large BEV, SUV exists!
Your information: