7 seater

This topic contains 59 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  dalecousins 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #76814 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Hi,

My little boy has just been granted motability so we are going to use it to get a car. We need a large car due to family.

I’m looking at the Volkswagen Sharan or Peugeot 5008.

Any advice? Anyone been able to knock the advanced payments down?

I’ve got a 2010 focus now but it has 165000 miles on it so hoping for a part ex?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #76893 Reply

Richard

Outlander is a very good vehicle especially for the money….

#76895 Reply

Rico
    Participant

the seat tarraco is great value for money and the tiguan all space

#76896 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Brilliant thanks everyone.. really leaning towards SUV style.. I’ll let you know how I get on the weekend

#76897 Reply

Rico
    Participant

a tip, if your prepared to travel and be non picky on colour, open google, go to maps and type in vw dealers, then ring around and ask to speak to motability guy, then ask do you have a allspace in stock or canceled order on router and do the same with the seat dealers and tell them your fine with any colour if it will get you in car sooner.

I think I set a record in phoning around finding a dealer that had a canceled order in port and from phone to in car driving away was 5 days, also got some extras (that were optional paid ones FOC as they were fitted on car).

#76900 Reply

Elldo

Hi,

We have just changed from a Seat Alhambra to the new Seat Tarraco.  The Alhambra was a fantastic car, lots of space, 3 individual seats in the middle row and decent sized seats in the boot. Absolutely loved the automatic doors (we had the xcellence model) as they were so handy for the kids just opened and closed once they were in by the press of a button. We had the 2.0l diesel (140) and only complaint was it was pretty heavy on fuel but to be expected on such a heavy car.

We were due to change and ordered a Peugeot 5008, 1.5hdi GT line premium in auto back at start of February. We were told by dealer that delivery would be expected in June/July but we contacted Peugeot customer service to double check and they told us that delivery would be more like December as it was not due to be even built until September. In the end we got sick of being given conflicting information from dealer and customer services so we went looking for alternatives.

When we originally ordered the Peugeot the Seat Tarraco was not on the scheme but had since been added. We went for a look and test drive and loved the car. Size is good but not in the same realms as the Alhambra but perfect for our needs as we have 3 younger kids who tend to fight so like to have the option of the 3rd row of seats if needed!! The Tarraco is great to drive and handles well and is a lot smoother and quieter than our previous Alhambra.  The Tarraco also has a lot of the same equipment as the Peugeot so we didn’t feel we would be missing anything by changing.  Also on the plus side, if you are hoping to get a car quickly, is they have plenty of Tarraco’s available at port to be sent up to your dealer within 2 weeks. We now have the 2.0l (190) xcellence in Atlantic Blue and are really happy with the car and find it to be slightly better on fuel than the Alhambra, thankfully!

Hope that little bit of info helps as I see that those are the cars you are interested in too.

Good luck with the test drives.

Elledo.

#76923 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Hi, We have just changed from a Seat Alhambra to the new Seat Tarraco. The Alhambra was a fantastic car, lots of space, 3 individual seats in the middle row and decent sized seats in the boot. Absolutely loved the automatic doors (we had the xcellence model) as they were so handy for the kids just opened and closed once they were in by the press of a button. We had the 2.0l diesel (140) and only complaint was it was pretty heavy on fuel but to be expected on such a heavy car. We were due to change and ordered a Peugeot 5008, 1.5hdi GT line premium in auto back at start of February. We were told by dealer that delivery would be expected in June/July but we contacted Peugeot customer service to double check and they told us that delivery would be more like December as it was not due to be even built until September. In the end we got sick of being given conflicting information from dealer and customer services so we went looking for alternatives. When we originally ordered the Peugeot the Seat Tarraco was not on the scheme but had since been added. We went for a look and test drive and loved the car. Size is good but not in the same realms as the Alhambra but perfect for our needs as we have 3 younger kids who tend to fight so like to have the option of the 3rd row of seats if needed!! The Tarraco is great to drive and handles well and is a lot smoother and quieter than our previous Alhambra. The Tarraco also has a lot of the same equipment as the Peugeot so we didn’t feel we would be missing anything by changing. Also on the plus side, if you are hoping to get a car quickly, is they have plenty of Tarraco’s available at port to be sent up to your dealer within 2 weeks. We now have the 2.0l (190) xcellence in Atlantic Blue and are really happy with the car and find it to be slightly better on fuel than the Alhambra, thankfully! Hope that little bit of info helps as I see that those are the cars you are interested in too. Good luck with the test drives. Elledo.

This forum has been invaluable thank you so much guys.

Brilliant Elledo,

Testing the Tarraco on Saturday and it’s my favourite at the minute just ahead of the 5008. I’d get the diesel as I do a lot of running in the motorway.

This is the one I’d get : ​Tarraco Xcellence 2.0 TDI NR 150PS
    ​£1,199

#76950 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Seat just rang and yep go loads of every colour in port.. so hopefully I like it.

Can’t help feeling like I’m jumping for it cos it’s available !

Did you manage any upgrades when you got yours Elledo ?

#76966 Reply

Elledo
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>We got the 2.0l diesel xcellence in auto. Didn’t add anything to the car as I felt the model had everything we needed as it’s a decent specification. We would have liked the xcellence lux as prefer a leather interior but we need an automatic and that models not available in auto and only the smaller engine in the manual.</p>
    All you can do is give it a test drive and ensure it has everything you want/need and go from there. Make sure the dealer covers the Motability checklist with you as that can help you be sure you’ve thought of all the areas it covers.

#77182 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Test drove Tiguan all space Se Nav, Seat Tarraco, and BMW Gran Tourer.

The Tiguan they have available is the slightly older model halogen lights standard dials 8″ entertainment screen and only black but 2l diesel. lovely drive not one complaint. £1119

The BMW 2l Petrol.. absolutely gorgeous inside.. just a little smaller than the other 2 available now and he will knock £149 off. So £600

Seat tarraco Excellence.. all the bells and whistles sat nav the lot.. led lights. Drove amazing and loved the height. Can get in blue and avaiable now.. £1149

I’m going with the Seat.. although if I wanted a petrol I’d of chosen the BMW.

All great cars.. what lovely predicament to be in. This will truly enhance our quality of life..

Thank you to all in here!

Hope I’ve made the right choice!

#77183 Reply

Trev

Well done Mark,

Excellent choice, look forward to hearing more come hand-over day and seeing the photos.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#77184 Reply

Elledo
    Participant

Great news, really pleased for you.

Had ours about 2 weeks now and not got a single complaint. Totally agree it’s a lovely car to drive, smooth and quiet.

#77185 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Thanks Trev, Elledo

Really happy.. Elledo is there heated seats in the back?

#77186 Reply

Elledo
    Participant

Hey Mark,

The xcellence doesn’t have heated seats at all, the xcellence lux which is the model above does. That’s one of the main things I miss but because the seats are a mix of fabric/alcantara they don’t get too hot/cold like leather does.

#77188 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Well done great choice, and I must admit will tick boxes for a lot of scheme members, as I find myself recommending it a few times lately I’m going to make a point of going and giving it a good once over just for my own curiosity when I can.

#77191 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Thanks everyone!

Ooohh the Lux is an extra £300.. heated seats, 20″ alloys and leather interior, beats sound system.. is it worth it? … can I convince the wife?

#77255 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

All done and booked!

Have to say the salesman was a complete waste of time and didn’t know anything.

He said the car is in port but may take a few weeks as it’s 1st time motability?

#77257 Reply

Trev

Well done Mark,

Yeah 1st time on the scheme and all the checks need to be done with

1. DWP
    2. DVLA
    3. Insurance

So motability are reliant on how long it takes for those agencies to process the checks. When the time comes to handback the car, and if you wish to take out another, checks can come back within an hour. It’s just the intial checks, transfer of benefits, etc that take the time.

As the car is in port, even as an existing motability customer you’re probably looking at 2 weeks. As transport needs to be arranged, then all the necessary checks, preps, etc

#77262 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank you Trev! 👍🏻</p>

#77278 Reply

Rico
    Participant

yep I am on my 4th scheme car, the last 3 times was approved straight away, with the third being an amazing experience, got my car within 5 days of contacting dealer :O

#77314 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

The clown in the dealership didn’t reserve the car I chose 1st thing when they opened and so it’s gone ! 😭

Had very little faith in him and the dealership yesterday and it was really off putting.

Must be a sign.. think I’m going to go back to look at the Volkswagen all-space.. I have just told him to cancel it, is that all I needed to do ?

#77317 Reply

Trev

Yep, though you may want to check with motability before placing an order for another vehicle, just to avoid the next order being rejected. (you can only have 1 order on the system at any 1 time).

You are aware there are delays in the All-Space, built in Mexico, ships were grounded due to storms. Expect 6 month+ lead time, unless your dealer can find a cancelled order.

#77320 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Thanks Trev,

Yeah they sent me an email with the cancellation.. Gutted really but everything happens for a reason !

My local VW have an allspace in grey in stock and I can have it as soon as the paper work clears they said.. maybe even Sunday…!

#77322 Reply

Trev

Awesome! What a result that would be!

#77323 Reply

Mark1878
    Participant

Awesome! What a result that would be!

Thanks Trev.. Felt really deflated.. how stupid is that !

Hopefully go sign for it After work tomorrow !

#77326 Reply

Trev

Not at all Mark, but if you heart is really set on the Tarraco can you not look elsewhere?

Please don’t let a dealer experience dictate your car choice….. I did that once, wanted a mazda, poor dealer experience, went with Seat. By no means was i dissapointed with the Seat, not at all…. but i now have my red Mazda that i always wanted.

The car you choose you’ll have for 3 years – if it takes a little longer to get, the wait may be worth it. Nothing worse have a car you regret for that length of time.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
Reply To: 7 seater

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: