7 seater

• Creator
    Topic
    Mark1878
    Participant

Hi,

My little boy has just been granted motability so we are going to use it to get a car. We need a large car due to family.

I’m looking at the Volkswagen Sharan or Peugeot 5008.

Any advice? Anyone been able to knock the advanced payments down?

I’ve got a 2010 focus now but it has 165000 miles on it so hoping for a part ex?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Hi Mark and welcome.

Both vehicles you mention are decent choices by all accounts, for maximum space I always think the Hyundai i800 is a compelling offer if you don’t mind a van based MPV.

Advance payment haggling is always worth a try, if you don’t ask you don’t get. There’s an entire thread on here dedicated to the subject and well worth a look;

discounts and cash back deals

Most dealers will take a px and either knock it off your AP or give you the money, don’t expect any generosity though as they are working on more slender margins for us than a regular customer.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Skoda Karoq SEL.

wonky

Hi Mark,  I think the Sharan is the better 7 seater. Good luck finding one, I believe they are on a 16 week factory order.

You will definitely get a good discount, depending where you are based or prepared to travel to.  Jct 600 are a good VW dealers offering £500 discount. They are around Yorkshire area.

Regards, wonky

Mark1878
          Participant

Thanks Wonky & Wardy,

Where does it show the £500 discount? I can use it as leverage ?

To be honest I don’t mind travelling to pick the car up so anywhere will do. We are in Liverpool.

Test driving the Sharan and the Peugeot 5008 Saturday so will see what they say.

Thanks

Mark

Participant

They don’t often advertise AP discounts, for VW read this……

VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

Skoda Karoq SEL.

Mark1878
              Participant

Cheers Wardy!

With regard to the advanced payments do these carry over to the next vehicle? So you get that spec again? Or do you have to pay it again?

Participant

I wish they did carry across but unfortunately we have to pay it with each new vehicle, it basically represents the shortfall between the actual cost of the lease and the amount paid by your PIP/DLA award.

Skoda Karoq SEL.

JS
                  Participant

Welcome Mark1878

being new to the scheme it pays to research and do your homework, there is a great knowledge of information and experiences from our fantastic members and participants, there is a search box on the forum page which may be of benefit to you, I’m not sure if your aware but you can also search on the Motability car search page and search for 7+ seater vehicles etc At present 172 vehicles are 7+ seats have a look through and make list of suitable ones and don’t hesitate to ask, take your time and enjoy looking around (it’s my new thing trying to get people to enjoy searching and testing)

at first glance the tarraco depending on needs looks a very versatile vehicle.

https://www.motability.co.uk/cars-scooters-and-powerchairs/search/cars/?subType=1&originalTotalRows=172&allowance_type=DLA&1_wr_lessthanallowance=True&1_wr_totalallowance=True&web_dlaadvancepayment_from=0&web_dlaadvancepayment_to=999999&web_transmission=Manual&web_transmission=Semi-Automatic&web_transmission=Automatic&web_fuel=Petrol&web_fuel=Diesel&web_fuel=Hybrid+-+Petrol&web_fuel=Hybrid+-+Diesel&web_fuel=Plug-in+Hybrid+-+Petrol&web_fuel=Plug-in+Hybrid+-+Diesel&web_fuel=Electric&web_fuel=Other&web_number_of_seats=7&web_number_of_seats=8&web_number_of_seats=9&web_number_of_doors=2&web_number_of_doors=3&web_number_of_doors=4&web_number_of_doors=5&web_mpg_from=0&web_mpg_to=235&web_emissions=1000&web_engine_size_from=0&web_engine_size_to=2.5&Find=

radiomark

The new Peugeot rifter and Citroen Berlingo are both available with 7 seats and low advanced payments

Mark1878
                      Participant

Welcome Mark1878 being new to the scheme it pays to research and do your homework, there is a great knowledge of information and experiences from our fantastic members and participants, there is a search box on the forum page which may be of benefit to you, I’m not sure if your aware but you can also search on the Motability car search page and search for 7+ seater vehicles etc At present 172 vehicles are 7+ seats have a look through and make list of suitable ones and don’t hesitate to ask, take your time and enjoy looking around (it’s my new thing trying to get people to enjoy searching and testing) at first glance the tarraco depending on needs looks a very versatile vehicle. https://www.motability.co.uk/cars-scooters-and-powerchairs/search/cars/?subType=1&originalTotalRows=172&allowance_type=DLA&1_wr_lessthanallowance=True&1_wr_totalallowance=True&web_dlaadvancepayment_from=0&web_dlaadvancepayment_to=999999&web_transmission=Manual&web_transmission=Semi-Automatic&web_transmission=Automatic&web_fuel=Petrol&web_fuel=Diesel&web_fuel=Hybrid+-+Petrol&web_fuel=Hybrid+-+Diesel&web_fuel=Plug-in+Hybrid+-+Petrol&web_fuel=Plug-in+Hybrid+-+Diesel&web_fuel=Electric&web_fuel=Other&web_number_of_seats=7&web_number_of_seats=8&web_number_of_seats=9&web_number_of_doors=2&web_number_of_doors=3&web_number_of_doors=4&web_number_of_doors=5&web_mpg_from=0&web_mpg_to=235&web_emissions=1000&web_engine_size_from=0&web_engine_size_to=2.5&Find=

Never Mind.. Looking forward to car shopping at the weekend.. we have never been able to afford a brand new vehicle and it will be a new lease of life for the kids

Mark1878
                        Participant

Will have a look now Cheers.. RadioMark

wonky

Hi Mark, nearest jct600 dealers in Leeds and Grimsby. Not all dealers do it and will tell you they make £300 only on the deal. So listen and decide for yourself. Good luck.

Regards, wonky

Philjb

Hi mark if you don’t need 7 seats every trip but you want something decent to drive.

Dont rule out the vw touran.

All seats food completely flat, but it’s very well designed and we had one 8 years as a family car.

Ive got 4 kids.

But the eldest rarely travelled with us and when they did the extra seats just fold straight out.

The more compact size gives it a more car like drive and it’s better on fuel.

Not it sure what the AP is but a lot of dealers have unregistered stock from last years delays and cancelled orders.

My kids fell asleep in it straight away, a great real world test. ??

Mark1878
                              Participant

Hi mark if you don’t need 7 seats every trip but you want something decent to drive. Dont rule out the vw touran. All seats food completely flat, but it’s very well designed and we had one 8 years as a family car. Ive got 4 kids. But the eldest rarely travelled with us and when they did the extra seats just fold straight out. The more compact size gives it a more car like drive and it’s better on fuel. Not it sure what the AP is but a lot of dealers have unregistered stock from last years delays and cancelled orders. My kids fell asleep in it straight away, a great real world test. ??

Brilliant.. Yeah I don’t think we would necessarily use the 7 seats very often.. I will have another look at the touran !

JS
                                Participant

I’ve just had another look (online) at the Seat Tarraco and I must say I’m impressed and it’s one of the few cars that can pull off Green paint, im yet to see one in person so that opinion could change.

Philjb

JS

do you mean Kermit green

or environmental green?

Trev
                                    Participant

Hiya Mark,

I don’t have any experience with 7 seaters, but this recent post from Brydo might be an interesting read https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/seat-tarraco-vs-skoda-kodiaq-vs-peugeot-5008/ no alternative to getting out and test driving the various vehicles of course, but I found reading online reviews sometimes give you pointers to look out for on a test drive, that perhaps otherwise you wouldn’t have considered.

All i can advise is go out, test drive, test drive, and then test drive some more – work out a short list, then you can break it down to various segments, including cost, and work out the best option for you. We can always help at this stage in looking for dealer discounts, etc.

Good luck, take your time, it can be a graft, but will be worth it to get the right car.

Mark1878
                                      Participant

Hiya Mark, I don’t have any experience with 7 seaters, but this recent post from Brydo might be an interesting read https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/seat-tarraco-vs-skoda-kodiaq-vs-peugeot-5008/ no alternative to getting out and test driving the various vehicles of course, but I found reading online reviews sometimes give you pointers to look out for on a test drive, that perhaps otherwise you wouldn’t have considered. All i can advise is go out, test drive, test drive, and then test drive some more – work out a short list, then you can break it down to various segments, including cost, and work out the best option for you. We can always help at this stage in looking for dealer discounts, etc. Good luck, take your time, it can be a graft, but will be worth it to get the right car.

Brilliant.. yes not jumping in got a few test drives this weekend,

Thanks to everyone for their advice !

JS
                                        Participant

JS do you mean Kermit green or environmental green?

lol I don’t know I’ve just tried the configuration but can’t find a Green although in most of the pictures look Green, maybe I should go to spec savers but to me that’s Green lol. Either way I like it. Mind you our Tucson is White Sand yet it’s not white and I’ve never been to a beach with that coloured sand.

Mark1878
                                          Participant

I’m really leaning towards the Peugeot 5008 or the Tarraco.. test driving both on Saturday.

Although I’m also test driving the Skoda Karoq and they have offered at least £200 off add price 🙂

And of course the Sharan is still on the table.. need to weigh up all the pros with each.

What a nice problem to have.

Trev
                                            Participant

Be wary of the Karoq Mark – there was a recall on some 2018 – something to do with rear headrest mountings, but also the 1.6 diesel engine is reported to have pretty poor fuel consumption. Actually the Karoq isn’t a 7 seater, are you thinking of the Kodiaq?

My wife ordered the Karoq last year, but we cancelled through different issues, though glad we did. We now have the Mazda CX-5 with a 2l petrol engine that does better than the reported 1.6 diesel in the karoq!

Tarraco is new, so limited feedback from people who have one. Peugeot 5008 been out a year or so i guess.. maybe more, and i’ve not noticed any negative feedback. Sister in-law had the 3008 and loved it, and misses it dearly.

As you say, it’s a lovely problem to have.

Mark1878
                                              Participant

Be wary of the Karoq Mark – there was a recall on some 2018 – something to do with rear headrest mountings, but also the 1.6 diesel engine is reported to have pretty poor fuel consumption. Actually the Karoq isn’t a 7 seater, are you thinking of the Kodiaq? My wife ordered the Karoq last year, but we cancelled through different issues, though glad we did. We now have the Mazda CX-5 with a 2l petrol engine that does better than the reported 1.6 diesel in the karoq! Tarraco is new, so limited feedback from people who have one. Peugeot 5008 been out a year or so i guess.. maybe more, and i’ve not noticed any negative feedback. Sister in-law had the 3008 and loved it, and misses it dearly. As you say, it’s a lovely problem to have.

Hi Trev,

Really ! Okay will still go and look.. Its the 2l diesel I would get if it was that… Yeah I know its only a 5 seater but the advanced payment on the Kodiaq seem to high.

BMW Portsmouth just got n touch and have an X2 on offer for £249 from £749.. so if anything its all good leverage.

Trev
                                                Participant

Sorry Mark, when i was looking last year the 1.6 diesel was the most affordable, now it’s changed to the 2L which is a much better engine, same offering in the Tiguan, and the Tarraco if you were looking at diesel.

You may find this site of interest – lets you compare car / boot sizes, and is kept up-to date pretty regular – https://www.automobiledimension.com/car-comparison.php

I see Kelly had the posted some new offerings, remember not to stop at discount on the AP, free mats, boot-liner, tank of fuel, etc.. if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Mark1878
                                                  Participant

Volkswagon really arsey.. and no record of my prebooked test drive when I rang.

They said the Sharan is 3 month wait..

Trev
                                                    Participant

Service can vary greatly dealer to dealer i’m afraid.

3 month wait was the norm, and in today’s climate is very good. There will be the exception where some vehicles are available sooner, especially if a dealer has a cancelled order already on the production line.

I believe Kelly’s offerings are available for delivery at the end of this month.

wonky

Hi again Mark,  don’t be put off, dealers vary greatly.

The true 7 seaters are, Sharan, Alhambra ( same car as Sharan), and Galaxy.

All others in my opinion are occasional 7 seaters, although for versatility and access the Touran is good for its size.

Hope this helps.

Regards, wonky

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 59 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.