£600 good condition bonus

• This topic has 16 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by rox.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #137051 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

How do I get this money paid into my bank as I don’t want a cheque ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137052 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

I use online banking with Barclays, you can take a photo of the cheque to pay it in. I did this with the £50 insurance refund. If you use on line banking this may be a solution for you.

#137053 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

How do I get this money paid into my bank as I don’t want a cheque ?

Mike,

I believe that in normal times, the dealer can input your bank details during the handover process. Once the vehicle appraisal report is input the GCB is paid by BACS/Faster payment straight to your account.

However, with ‘click and collect’ type handovers currently in force, I am not sure if the system is operating. It maybe back to Motability sending out cheques again.

#137054 Reply
    joss

@Menorca Mike

There are some on here who have managed to get a direct payment into their bank accounts. So Talk to motability.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137055 Reply
    Brydo

Ask motability about doing it before picking up your new car. It can be transferred directly into your account Mike but it’s got to be arranged before you pick up your car.

I don’t know why this is the case but that’s what they told me.

#137056 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou for the replies shall I email the motability man at his home or phone motability a week before I pick up Thursday 16 th March

#137057 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Sorry Tuesday 16th March

#137061 Reply
    JS

Set up a motability digital/online account if you don’t already have one the dealership should set you up with one,

https://www.motability.co.uk/your-lease/scheme-online-account/

#137064 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’ve got a motability online account but cannot see anything about £600 bonus

#137066 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

I’ve got a motability online account but cannot see anything about £600 bonus

Mike,

I think your bank details are something the dealer can add (or potentially Motability themselves).

The customer cannot add it to their online account (where it shows their current and ‘new’ car).

#137071 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Ok Dave I’m best to give my dealer my bank details week before pick up ?

#137075 Reply
    Brydo

Mike give motability a call they will explain it all and sort it for you, their there to help.

#137079 Reply
    Joe Johnson

I just spoke to live chat who said

” As I’m picking the car up next week there isn’t enough time to organise it.”

#137081 Reply
    Simon

Mike why don’t you phone motability or the dealer to be 100% certain

#137224 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Just talked to a lovely lady at motability she told me on the day I pick my new car up March 16th if I take my bank account number sort code etc the dealer can do a bank transfer of the £600 into my bank so that’s great news

#137520 Reply
    Dave Chugg

Picked up new car yesterday. Dealer gave me option for direct transfer or cheque.

I actually asked for cheque as I couldn’t remember my bank details – but I know I can just scan cheque to pay in.

#137543 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Just talked to a lovely lady at motability she told me on the day I pick my new car up March 16th if I take my bank account number sort code etc the dealer can do a bank transfer of the £600 into my bank so that’s great news

Thats good news then… I had to go to the bank in the 1st lockdown when they extended my lease and sent me the gcb even though i still had the old car.. Lucky for me at my bank you can pay a cheque in at the cash machine. The £50 insurance gift as well. Wonder if we will get another one of those.. as it seems this lockdown maybe till june/july just like last year..

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: £600 good condition bonus
Your information: